seadog
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:28 am

As long as both Brent and Fletcher both know what is expected from them in the eyes of the other then there might be some hope. So Fletch expects x y and z to build a team but in return Brent expects play off promotion a more expansive playing style for example.

The one year rolling contract means an easy break if it doesn't work favouring Brent but if things go well it favours Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Just seen the Western Morning News report on this.

Fletcher has "no regrets" about calling time on his playing career. I'm sure several people will agree with that. personally, I wish he had not regretted it few years ago before Captaining the team to 2 relegations.

Hotel Man describes the retention of the magnificent three as "a sign of positive intent"

I presume he means intent that the club has positively got no ambition (other than building hotels etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:05 pm

It's hardly news and it's definately not orgasmic news as that plonker Sparks suggest. That guy could make clamidia sound like it's worth having.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Isn't she married to Charles?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Isn't she married to Charles?

I thought they were being rash when they announced they were marrying.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:54 pm

GOB wrote:
It's hardly news and it's definately not orgasmic news as that plonker Sparks suggest. That guy could make clamidia sound like it's worth having.

It seems as if the whole thing is being with a collective shrug of the shoulders on Argyle websites. I know its close season but the news is hardly registering or generating a response when it's just about the most important JB and his board have made since they took over the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

You will need much better news than that if Argyle are looking to shift 5000 memberships.Positively mundane news at best.So Carl are we going for it then?Time to talk the talk ...
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:58 pm

oddball wrote:
You will need much better news than that if Argyle are looking to shift 5000 memberships.Positively mundane news at best.So Carl are we going for it then?Time to talk the talk ...

Fletcher doesn't really talk to the press or rather the fans via the press (and I think he forgets that is what he is actually doing) in anything other than momochrome dullness so unless he gets a bit of media training or cuts loose a bit I doubt we will hear but tub thumping drum banging talk from him.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Not very surprising news. Fletcher was always likely to get a new contract once survival was assured last season. The one-year rolling deal is presumably at Brent's behest, giving him a cheap get out if it doesn't work - possibly that is what the delay in signing the contract was about, perhaps Fletcher was angling for a longer contract.

I'm prepared to give him a chance, given that he kept us up with minimal resources last season. I still have my reservations though, it'll certainly be interesting to see 1) how much he is given to spend (on wages) to improve the squad, and 2) who he manages to get in, especially given the departure of the much more experienced Deehan. Does the inexperienced Fletcher/ Larrieu combination have the nous to get the best players possible?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:02 pm

I've probably missed it, but has any reason been given for Deehans departure? His whole tenure has been rather odd.

He comes.
We hear nothing at all from him.
He leaves.

Odd. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I've probably missed it, but has any reason been given for Deehans departure? His whole tenure has been rather odd.

He comes.
He leaves.

Odd. scratch

You forgot: 'He trousers a fair few quid in the process.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:53 pm

I'd give Dixie Deehan the benefit of the doubt on that one.No one will ever know whether it was Fletcher's management or Deehan's advice that kept us up.We will however have a better idea after say ten games next season....
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:50 pm

I just hope it doesn't take too long to sack him. If, as I expect us to be, we're bottom two after five games then he must go.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

He comes.
He leaves.

Odd. scratch

My little bet is JB told Fletch, "here's the manager and coaching pot, there ain't no more, up to you if you want to split it 3 or 4 ways". I don't think we're likely to see any additions to the coaching set up. He likes his budgets does Brenty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparksy New Update on Fletch    Sparksy New Update on Fletch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sparksy New Update on Fletch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2