Tringreen
tcm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:22 am

The problem I've got, is, that he's not exactly done his time, he's done half of it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:24 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
The problem I've got, is, that he's not exactly done his time, he's done half of it.

Take the matter up with the department of Justice then!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:35 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Standard practice if an inmate behaves.

I agree, it's totally wrong. He got 7 years 4 months. Ok, knock the four months off if he's not wet the bed, but a sentence length should be set because it's appropriate to the crime, not half of it.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:38 am

There's not a person on this site that wouldn't be furious if the man who'd killed their children was let out of prison early. I'm all for second chances, but surely he has to do his time (which wasn't enough in the first place). In the eyes of the law he's served his time and there nothing that anyone can do about that. But spare a thought for the parents of the children he killed before saying he should be free to carry on with a normal life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:40 am

Chingers wrote:
There's not a person on this site that wouldn't be furious if the man who'd killed their children was let out of prison early. I'm all for second chances, but surely he has to do his time (which wasn't enough in the first place). In the eyes of the law he's served his time and there nothing that anyone can do about that. But spare a thought for the parents of the children he killed before saying he should be free to carry on with a normal life.

I do spare a thought for the parents, they must be going through living hell.

Nothing will bring back those children, and Luke will have to deal with that for the rest of his life. a punishment in it's self.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:42 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I'm assuming that's potential politician speak is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:43 am

gasser9 wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

No it was me making a point!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:52 am

Unusually for me, I just read all the comments on this on the Herald web-site. Someone made a similar point that it isn't Luke's fault that the law works in the way that it does. He shouldn't be the object of anger at how the law works. All those law-abiding people who want their pound of flesh additional to the law should take their complaints elsewhere.

Having said that, he is either a foolish man or a very brave one to think he can stand in front of a crowd at football and emerge without hours of abuse or worse.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:57 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I will.

Right now.

Or not.

Because I can't be arsed.

It is wrong, though, innit. I'm not saying he should be in jail forever, but if he is to be released early then perhaps he ought to be compelled to do societal work for the remainder of the time due, or something.

I mean, I think we all know prison is a waste of everyone's time for all but the most violent of offenders. But deterrent, payback and justice are all things we should be looking to uphold.

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Thu May 24, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:17 am

should be compelled to read every post on PASOTI and ATD before being allowed out. By which time he will be a gibbering idiot.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:49 am

knecht wrote:
Unusually for me, I just read all the comments on this on the Herald web-site. Someone made a similar point that it isn't Luke's fault that the law works in the way that it does. He shouldn't be the object of anger at how the law works. All those law-abiding people who want their pound of flesh additional to the law should take their complaints elsewhere.

Having said that, he is either a foolish man or a very brave one to think he can stand in front of a crowd at football and emerge without hours of abuse or worse.

And then those that openly abuse him, depending on their taunts, will be the ones in the wrong, in the eyes of the law.

It ain't right. No
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:19 pm

This is what the West Ham fans think. Caution, swearing alert.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:55 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

A real smart ass one then because along with the give him another chance brigade you haven't caught the public mood.
Do not take the postings on here or Pasoti as a reflection of the general public because Luke was one of ours and peoples judgments are clouded.

In the outside world and in the football world outside of PAFC his return to football is unacceptable and he should never set foot on a football pitch again. I met Luke prior to the accident and a nicer unassuming guy you couldn't wish to meet. Not up himself or flash at all but he will be hounded out of the game of that I am convinced because he will be followed everywhere and even an innocent meal in a restaurant with his wife will attract headlines about him enjoying himself no doubt with a picture of the father of the two kids sat in his wheelchair.

What he did cannot be defended and he should try and find a low profile job somewhere or some community work but to step back on to a football pitch - no way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:17 am

gasser9 wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

A real smart ass one then because along with the give him another chance brigade you haven't caught the public mood.
Do not take the postings on here or Pasoti as a reflection of the general public because Luke was one of ours and peoples judgments are clouded.

In the outside world and in the football world outside of PAFC his return to football is unacceptable and he should never set foot on a football pitch again. I met Luke prior to the accident and a nicer unassuming guy you couldn't wish to meet. Not up himself or flash at all but he will be hounded out of the game of that I am convinced because he will be followed everywhere and even an innocent meal in a restaurant with his wife will attract headlines about him enjoying himself no doubt with a picture of the father of the two kids sat in his wheelchair.

What he did cannot be defended and he should try and find a low profile job somewhere or some community work but to step back on to a football pitch - no way.

This is my view as well. I'm not sure if he knows how much stick he's going to get, but he will be a media target for a while and a supporters target for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:52 am

I don't know what point Swindon are trying to make by doing this but it's rubbing it right in the faces of the parents of the two lads. I actually think he'll get binned after his trial anyway as the adverse publicity the club will attract will be too much. McCormick would be far more trouble than he's worth. There's plenty of other keepers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:29 am

Nobody's defending what he did. It's now that the debate is about.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:02 pm

I was not gonna comment on this as it is a touchy subject, but my take on it is what mcCormick did was a very tragic accident, he's not a murderer he didnt set out to kill those kids, it was a terrible and ultimately tragic event, and although i thought his sentance was leniant as i knew he could be out in under 4 years, he has served the time of his sentance. Now although i feel for the family, loosing 2 kids is beyond thinkable especially being a parent myself, BUT i feel McCormick has every right to go back to his chosen profession now his sentance has been served, its all he knows, he's not rubbing it in the parents faces as they have claimed today in a particular paper, he is trying to get on with his life. Although its easy to say what about those kids they cant get on with thiers, no they cant, but whats done was done, he's served his time, and he needs to be getting on with his life. For one moment im pretty certain he's never gonna forget the tragic accident he had that has detroyed a family, and being in the public eye is gonna be very difficult, but people move on, look at Lee Hughes for instance, dont see anyone banging on about him not being able to play, he had a similer sentance for a similer thing and has been back playing for 4-5 years.

My take on it is lets move on, let him get on with it, let him live his life the way he wants to.

Im pretty certain if i was the parents id feel differant, but im not im a nuetral, and thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:20 pm

He's served his time and he must now get on with what will be a very difficult life, but I think he's being a little insensitive if he believes that he'll be accepted back into a public lifestyle with ease. It would have been better for all if he sought a lesser "high profile" lifestyle.

I have never met McCormick but I've been led to believe that he is a gentleman, I'm disappointed that he seems to have chosen professional football as his career.

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:41 pm

GOB wrote:
He's served his time and he must now get on with what will be a very difficult life, but I think he's being a little insensitive if he believes that he'll be accepted back into a public lifestyle with ease. It would have been better for all if he sought a lesser "high profile" lifestyle.

I have never met McCormick but I've been led to believe that he is a gentleman, I'm disappointed that he seems to have chosen professional football as his career.

Like i said though GOB, yes its a job in the public eye, but it is his chosen profession, and its no differant to Lee Hughes, yes he will get flack but probably for a few months until people find someone else to shout at. yes it will be difficult for him, but i offer no sympathy to him for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:46 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:

Like i said though GOB, yes its a job in the public eye, but it is his chosen profession, and its no differant to Lee Hughes, yes he will get flack but probably for a few months until people find someone else to shout at. yes it will be difficult for him, but i offer no sympathy to him for that.

Yes you're quite right 125. We will all differ on this, it's not an easy call. My views on this subject fluctuate by the minute.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Radio 5Live devoted over an hour to this topic last night.

A very interesting and thought provoking debate with contributions from the Swindon Chairman (if Luke signs he'll be doing a lot of community work about what he's been through with a view to helping others) Swindon ST holders who say they'll tear up their tickets if he signs, and even a call from a man who's daughter was killed by a drunk driver, saying everyone deserves the chance to rehabilitation.

A very divided debate but one comment that struck me was that Luke seems to be being punished more (if he can't go back into football) because of his job-no one would boycott Tesco's just because they employed an ex offender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick trial at Swindon   Luke McCormick trial at Swindon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick trial at Swindon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2