Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
Czarcasm
fridgey
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Champions League Final Empty
PostSubject: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Bayern will win comfortably, which is a shame because I think Abramovic would still appoint a new manager even if Chelsea won, and I would love to see the fallout. Champions League and F.A.Cup winning manager gets sacked cheers
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:08 pm

I think that come what may di Matteo will get the bullet, which is a shame cos fair play to him he's got them playing well. Must admit though I'd rather see Spurs in the CL next year to Chelsea.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:12 pm

If they gave out Trophies for the most monotonous monotone drone drone drone chant, Bayern would piss it.

Salsa Verde, take note.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If they gave out Trophies for the most monotonous monotone drone drone drone chant, Bayern would piss it.

Salsa Verde, take note.

I thought you were going to say Clive Tyldsley's voice Sleep
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm

fridgey wrote:
I think that come what may di Matteo will get the bullet, which is a shame cos fair play to him he's got them playing well. Must admit though I'd rather see Spurs in the CL next year to Chelsea.

Bit ironic that the Germans could save the Jews tonight...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Bayern will win comfortably, which is a shame because I think Abramovic would still appoint a new manager even if Chelsea won, and I would love to see the fallout. Champions League and F.A.Cup winning manager gets sacked cheers

Should win comfortably I meant, should win comfortably.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm

name, on, the, cup.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Drogba given away a pen - robbens missed

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Now down to pens. Got a feeling it's Chelsea's cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Okay, maybe not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Well done Chelsea. 4-3 on pens.

Last edited by Keepitgreen on Sat May 19, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Klaus Barbie! Marlene Dietrich! Heidi Klum! Wolfgang Mozart! Your boys took one hell of a beating!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
name, on, the, cup.

afro
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Two world wars,a world cup and a champions league! Auf weidersen Fritz!

Not that i really gave a toss about it anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:38 pm

fridgey wrote:

I agree. FA Cup and Champions League and he still won't get it. Although I'd love to be proved wrong. I've got no attachment to Chelsea but I like to see people get their just rewards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Dont mention the war lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:21 pm

What a boring match that was. It's one of those dilemas when you start watching something. It's fecking boring but do you turn off and not bother to watch after an hour having wasted an hour watching the match so far. Didn't really care if Chelsea won or not to be honest although it is an English club even if most of the players aren't. Whatever happens at Chelsea manager wise, Di Matteo is going to get a decent job if it isn't the one he is covering now. That cup didn't look good value for a Billion quid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:17 am

It wasn't a classic but I didn't think it was that bad. Chelsea play boring football and were outplayed, just like against Barcelona but they're the champions of Europe and that was their aim.

Funny really because AVB was hailed as a wonder coach and wanted rid of Cole, Lampard, Terry and Drogba, and since he was sacked Chelsea have gone from strength to strength, yet he's still in the frame for the Liverpool job? Maybe it was these old guys who didn't like him so deliberately played like shit when they realised they weren't in his plans for the future, because I can't believe Di Matteo is a wonder coach all of a sudden.

Bayern couldn't finish and paid the price. Have to say that Lampard was anonymous and seems to go missing in the big games, which has got to be a worry for England in the Euros.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:33 am

Hang on Greenjock I've seen this discussion before somewhere. So it's ok to win boring and ugly if the end justifies the means then. See, I think it is and I'll bet the whole of the Chelsea supporters think it is right now. Would love to have won in a canter but this will do nicely all the same.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:40 am

Any English side beating the Germans away in a penalty shootout wins my admiration.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:10 am

Greenskin wrote:

Watch out Greenie. The thought police will be after you ! Rolling Eyes

FWIW, I was impressed by the job Di Matteo did at WBA and thought he was unfortunate to be sacked. They played decent football on a limited budget and he always came across as a calm, articulate and thinking man.
His only problem is the senior pro's at Chelsea being too strong willed for any manager now but if he is given the job of building a new squad, I have every confidence in him being a good choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:32 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Hang on Greenjock I've seen this discussion before somewhere. So it's ok to win boring and ugly if the end justifies the means then. See, I think it is and I'll bet the whole of the Chelsea supporters think it is right now. Would love to have won in a canter but this will do nicely all the same.

It was more of a reply to your comment that the game was boring, I didn't think it was that bad, but maybe because one team were attacking and the other playing on the counter-attack. I think the difference between what Chelsea have done and watching Argyle is that in some games Chelsea have had to be the attacking side and have been able to adapt their game. Argyle have played the same game no matter who we are playing, home and away, and irrespective of the score in the match. They haven't even seemed to change to an attacking team when they've gone behind.

I was also saying that I don't think Di Matteo will be given the job full-time, despite winning the F.A.Cup and Champions League, which in itself is utterly ridiculous. Abramovic has unlimited funds so he wants the absolute best and will hire and fire until he gets exactly what he wants.

I also think that some Chelsea players may have deliberately played a part in AVB's dismissal, because they didn't fancy his ideas. I can't believe that Roberto Di Matteo is such a good coach that he has changed Chelsea from also rans iinto the best team in Europe, when he got WBA relegated not that long ago. Players seem to escape blame far too easily for my liking. Drogba is a prime example, didn't look interested in playing for AVB, yet has raised his game in the second half of the season.

The stats for the whole match were Bayern had 56% possesion, 43 shots on goal to 9, 20 corners to 1. Their downfall was finishing and on another day would have won comfortably.

Last edited by Greenjock on Sun May 20, 2012 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:43 am

Greenjock wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

It was more of a reply to your comment that the game was boring, I didn't think it was that bad, but maybe because one team were attacking and the other playing on the counter-attack. I think the difference between what Chelsea have done and watching Argyle is that in some games Chelsea have had to be the attacking side and have been able to adapt their game. Argyle have played the same game no matter who we are playing, home and away, and irrespective of the score in the match. They haven't even seemed to change to an attacking team when they've gone behind.

I was also saying that I don't think Di Matteo will be given the job full-time, despite winning the F.A.Cup and Champions League, which in itself is utterly ridiculous. Abramovic has unlimited funds so he wants the absolute best and will hire and fire until he gets exactly what he wants.

I also think that some Chelsea players may have deliberately played a part in AVB's dismissal, because they didn't fancy his ideas. I can't believe that Roberto Di Matteo is such a good coach that he has changed Chelsea from also rans iinto the best team in Europe, when he got WBA relegated not that long ago. Players seem to escape blame far too easily for my liking. Drogba is a prime example, didn't look interested in playing for AVB, yet has raised his game in the second half of the season.

The stats for the match were Bayern had 56% possesion, 20 shots on goal to 7, 20 corners to 1. Their downfall was finishing and on another day would have won comfortably.

I don't think he got them relegated did he ? I seem to remember they were doing well and playing good football but the results started to go against them for a while. Don't think they were in the relegation spots but they sacked him.
I might be wrong about this .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:59 am

You're probably correct Tringy. I know he got them promoted but was sacked.

He was definitely an advocate of playing decent football, but he has played Barcelona and Bayern on the counter-attack which has achieved the desired results. I still don't think he will be given the job full-time which is crazy. If he was going to get the job Abramovic should have been backing him publicly.

Abramovic wants a "name" , but he's too impatient to give anyone enough time to stamp their style on the team. He wants instant success and has it staring him in the face. Maybe he realises that the players have upped their game now that AVB has gone?

My guess is that Di Matteo will be given a role as a coach or assistant to the next manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:04 am

I'm glad he's thought of as a young up and coming manager, as he's five days older than me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champions League Final   Champions League Final Empty

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next