Go down 
+2
Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:30 am

Herald make a story out of two tweets - one from Hemmings, the other from Macdonald- about an enjoyable stay at Argyle-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alex MacDonald and winger Ashley Hemmings have both complimented Argyle after the end of their loan spells at the club.

Hemmings spent five months at Home Park after signing from Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers.

He made 18 starts and five substitute appearances and scored two goals.

Hemmings tweeted: "I would like to thank all the #PAFC players, staff and fans for a great time."

MacDonald arrived from Championship club Burnley at the start of March.

The Scotland under-21 international played 18 times, including 15 starts, and netted four goals.

After the season-ending 2-1 defeat by Cheltenham Town at Home Park on Saturday, MacDonald tweeted: "Emotional saying the last goodbyes to everyone today and tonight! Loved my time down here in Plymouth! #beenapleasure."

Blackpool right-back Paul Bignot and Preston North End striker Juvhel Tsomou also finished their loan spells at Argyle on Saturday.

Tsoumou scored the Pilgrims' only goal against Cheltenham.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:12 am

For some reason I thought Macdonald had scored more than that...he seemed to be getting decent reviews on here anyway?

Should we sign both, either, neither?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:31 am

MacDonald would be a good signing and I think his contract is up at Burnley. Although after his loan spell they might want to keep him, plus he's under 24 and from their youth system, which means a fee might be involved? If that was the case, then that rules us out I'd imagine.

Hemmings is a typical young winger - inconsistent, making the wrong decisions, frustrating. He scored a couple, has pace, not afraid to run with the ball, which is something we need. This is very much his level at this point, and as such can't see Wolves using him. I'd take a punt on a years contract with him.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:09 pm

To be honest I would prefer we took a punt on an established, consistent lower league winger rather than Hemmings bearing in mind there could be a lot of players out of contract, available and looking for a club in the summer. Far too early to be thinking about McDonald too in my mind, nearer the end of June/early July the club will have a better idea what's out there and at what price.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:11 pm

I think our chances of landing McDonald would be very slim.

Hemmings would be more realistic, but if we have any real asperations about building a team capable of a promotiuon push, then signing someone who wasn't good enough to command a regular starting slot in a team finishing 90th, isn't really reaching for the stars, is it?
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Zackly
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Tsoumou's the only one I'd like us to grab, there's just something proper centre forwardish about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Tsoumou's the only one I'd like us to grab, there's just something proper centre forwardish about him.

I agree. I think some of his touches are excellent. He might suffer from the Rory Fallon syndrome where a big bloke is expected to throw his weight around. He doesn't look like that sort of player. There was one move on Saturday where he held the ball and threatened the area before rolling a superb pass into the Soukouna's run that was superb (that Soukouna wasted). He's a bit inconsistent but worth a punt, I think. I was surprised when leaving the ground on Saturday to hear someone next to me saying that Tsoumou was the worst player he had ever seen down here! I don't see that at all. On another occasion he ran across the edge of the box beating players and set himself up with an excellent opening that should have at least gone on target. He blasted high and wide - terrible! But, given time and the right development he could do a job for us. Worth offering a short 1 or 2 year contract if he's available.

I'd go for MacDonald also - he shows the sort of fight that this division could do with as well as the skill.

I wouldn't want to hold on to Hemmings.

Bignot surprised me when he disappeared from the team. I thought he looked OK early on. Whether he would hang around as defensive cover on the right wages I don't know. I suppose there is a good reason why he didn't even feature on the bench so I would guess he would be on the way out.

But, until we see how Fletcher operates a more attacking style it is a bit difficult to see how the shape of the team will work out. We certainly need at least a big, experienced striker and a creative midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:59 pm

knecht wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

I agree. I think some of his touches are excellent. He might suffer from the Rory Fallon syndrome where a big bloke is expected to throw his weight around. He doesn't look like that sort of player. There was one move on Saturday where he held the ball and threatened the area before rolling a superb pass into the Soukouna's run that was superb (that Soukouna wasted). He's a bit inconsistent but worth a punt, I think. I was surprised when leaving the ground on Saturday to hear someone next to me saying that Tsoumou was the worst player he had ever seen down here! I don't see that at all. On another occasion he ran across the edge of the box beating players and set himself up with an excellent opening that should have at least gone on target. He blasted high and wide - terrible! But, given time and the right development he could do a job for us. Worth offering a short 1 or 2 year contract if he's available.

I'd go for MacDonald also - he shows the sort of fight that this division could do with as well as the skill.

I wouldn't want to hold on to Hemmings.

Bignot surprised me when he disappeared from the team. I thought he looked OK early on. Whether he would hang around as defensive cover on the right wages I don't know. I suppose there is a good reason why he didn't even feature on the bench so I would guess he would be on the way out.

But, until we see how Fletcher operates a more attacking style it is a bit difficult to see how the shape of the team will work out. We certainly need at least a big, experienced striker and a creative midfielder.

I agree with most of that- the shot where Tsoumou beat two players and hit over was with his weaker left foot- but he did well to create the chance.

I didn't rate Bignot and thought he was a liability (poor passing and positioning)- good athlete though but does need work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle   Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Loan duo enjoyed time at Argyle
Page 1 of 1