Dougie
lawnmowerman
Dingle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:02 am

Having seen Tony Cholwell's reference to a nomination form, I've had another look at my flyer* and it does indeed make reference to an enclosed form. Only it's not enclosed. Maybe that's what the second pile was.

I don't think any of this was deliberate, though. It seems the boxes of flyers were delivered to the turnstiles, but that perhaps people weren't briefed properly about handing them out. Regardless, though, it's deeply unfortunate that the one opportunity to get this information to the non-internet majority has been wasted.

Unless there's a very expensive mailout to everybody on the list (how many tens of thousands was that?) I'd say the timetable should be rewritten to allow for information to go out at the first home match of next season.

*Had to fish it out of the recycling bin.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:30 am

The process yesterday demonstrated:

How easy it is to print flyers
How difficult it is to actually distribute said flyers
How difficult it is to get the few people who did receive flyers to read them
How difficult it is to get the few people who did receive flyers and read them to understand them

The idea that the majority of the fans present were in the slightest bit interested in flyers, the Supporters Group, eligibility to vote, voting format, the personalities involved , are you an ATDer or PASOTI-ite, multiple user accounts on websites etc is a complete joke.

Not half as much fun as booing Steve Maclean and laughing at Ro falling over during warm-up.

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:49 am

has someone got one they could put on here please?,,,,
Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:54 am

Dingle wrote:
The process yesterday demonstrated:

How easy it is to print flyers
How difficult it is to actually distribute said flyers
How difficult it is to get the few people who did receive flyers to read them
How difficult it is to get the few people who did receive flyers and read them to understand them

The idea that the majority of the fans present were in the slightest bit interested in flyers, the Supporters Group, eligibility to vote, voting format, the personalities involved , are you an ATDer or PASOTI-ite, multiple user accounts on websites etc is a complete joke.

Not half as much fun as booing Steve Maclean and laughing at Ro falling over during warm-up.

Aint that the reality Dingle.

Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:17 am

Interesting suggestion in the other place that those who have been so vociferous in their support for GASB could have put their money where their mouth is and actually did some of the distribution.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:50 am

knecht wrote:
Interesting suggestion in the other place that those who have been so vociferous in their support for GASB could have put their money where their mouth is and actually did some of the distribution.
yeah man,,allmost makes them sort of evil,,some people eh,,,very muchly enjoying my people watching on atd,,,
Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:12 pm

tcm wrote:
knecht wrote:
yeah man,,allmost makes them sort of evil,,some people eh,,,very muchly enjoying my people watching on atd,,,

I'm sure that makes sense to you.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:
knecht wrote:

it does jock,,,,iam normally on pasoti so just thought ide take a look on here,,,,i find the blame culture in todays world to be the norm,a sort of daily mail way of looking at life,,,,build em up and knock em down,,,someone told me thats what this site is all about,my first thoughts are that its 50/50,,,,so ile stick around and see how it goes,,if you know me from pasoti youle know my spelling is sh1te and no one seems to have picked up on that yet so thats a nice change,,,
Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:39 pm

tcm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:
knecht wrote:

it does jock,,,,iam normally on pasoti so just thought ide take a look on here,,,,i find the blame culture in todays world to be the norm,a sort of daily mail way of looking at life,,,,build em up and knock em down,,,someone told me thats what this site is all about,my first thoughts are that its 50/50,,,,so ile stick around and see how it goes,,if you know me from pasoti youle know my spelling is sh1te and no one seems to have picked up on that yet so thats a nice change,,,

Ah that now makes sense to me lol! The only problem you might have on here with your spelling will be with Cerbera if you get your there, they're and their mixed up. He has a special button he presses which will open a trapdoor beneath you, sending you hurtling down into a pool of pirhanas if you get it wrong. You have been warned.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:48 pm

tcm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:
knecht wrote:

Plz use less ',' and more '.' asap plz thx.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mr President

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:55 pm

knecht wrote:

Nothing to do with the volunteers Knecht. Wrong target I am afraid. The Club agreed to distribute them via the turnstiles.

The volunteers wouldn't have been able to step in until it was too late anyway so I am not sure what your point is. The fault lies with the Club.

I have written to the Club this morning and I am sure we will see a positive response as is the way under James Brent. Sometimes you have to make the mistakes to learn the lessons.

Frustrating to say the least.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
tcm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:
knecht wrote:

Plz use less ',' and more '.' asap plz thx.
i cant change my style and wouldnt want to,,,,whats kinsbridge castles? and do they need a patio?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Kingsbridge Castles

Built in 1276 by local yeoman, owned by the IX Marquis of Kingsbridge, Earl Cuncher.

A beacon of light even in this current age of corporate greed, Kingsbridge Castles has been described as the last bastion of true nobility in South Devon. A home of learning and culture, the Castles have long been a re-assuring presence for any pukka chap with the spirit of St. George coarsing through his veins. It's battlements loom proud, it's portcullis inpenetrable, it's lawmen just; Kingsbridge Castles is more than stone and mortar. It is a tribute to the idealistic virtues of Anglo-Saxonism.

The Earl's militia have repelled numerous invasions from Spain and France. It is said that several units of the bowmen at Agincourt were trained upon the green fields of Kingsbridge Castles. The Duke of Wellington was rumoured to have stated, of Kingsbridge Castles, "That Lordship, that Manor, that small patch of Noble England!.. ..played a greater part in defeating Bonaparte than did Prussia!".

And no, we don't need a patio. Do you do moats?

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Sun May 06, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:16 pm

I always thought your username was a spoonerism, so I actually had a look for Kingsbridge Castle. All I found were references to other castles, and this page with a photograph of the PS Compton Castle, moored in the quay. Which is really weird because this paddle steamer was moored in Truro for years, not sure if it still is, and was a floating restaurant and then a florist.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I always thought your username was a spoonerism, so I actually had a look for Kingsbridge Castle. All I found were references to other castles, and this page with a photograph of the PS Compton Castle, moored in the quay. Which is really weird because this paddle steamer was moored in Truro for years, not sure if it still is, and was a floating restaurant and then a florist.

Yeah, we're not on the internet yet.

We're more 'word of mouth' than the other sell-out castles out there.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Whilst they weren't actively promoted I took one and three nomination forms, just in case I want to apply in multiple aliases. The general response to the whole exercise kind of confirms, IMHO, what I said to JB on Wednesday is that 90% of the fanbase couldn't give a toss about "fan engagement". They just want a winning team.
Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Yeah, we're not on the internet yet.

We're more 'word of mouth' than the other sell-out castles out there.

Traditionalists. A refreshing change in this day and age. Was interesting seeing where the Compton Castle had come from though. As young hoodlums we used to play pirates on it in the evenings when it wasn't open. Was an awful restaurant, more like a coffee shop, and you had to board it on a rickety old bridge to buy flowers.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Whilst they weren't actively promoted I took one and three nomination forms, just in case I want to apply in multiple aliases. The general response to the whole exercise kind of confirms, IMHO, what I said to JB on Wednesday is that 90% of the fanbase couldn't give a toss about "fan engagement". They just want a winning team.

I sort of agree. But if the Trust was the only show in town with a stake in the club and a place on the board we might see a different attitude to engagement. As it is JB has muddied the waters with promoting thr gasboard whilst at the same time saying he doesn't need the Trusts money anyway and it gets nothing if it does divvy up the dosh.

If you beef up the engagement to find a mirror of the German club model we might be in business.

A winning team would be nice though (having said that the fans have been pretty good at supporting a losing team).
Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Dingle wrote:

You're right, of course, Dingle. But it would be good if everybody had the chance to choose whether to be interested or not.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:54 pm

I see on the other side that some of the flyers were put on trust kiosks. I very surprised the usual suspects have not blamed the trust for the cock up! It would be a perfect oppertunity.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Briefly, and probably therefore even more incoherently than I often am, I was aware that it was the club doing the distribution - not volunteers. I guess I was making a sarcastic comment about the clear agenda on pasoti to boost the GASB and denigrate the Trust. I was interested that someone on pasoti was making a point against the GASB organisation - which again seems to have been haphazard at best.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:15 pm

We should have a positive update on this within 24/36 hours detailing the comms plan going forward which will be extensive and as far reaching as possible.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:49 pm

The Trust election process, which has been heavily criticised by some recently, doesn't look so bad now Laughing . The trust process seems to have been very professional, the GasBoard's effort isn't even amateurish- its sh*te- like the whole concept has been. Communication should be paramount for the Gasboard but so far it has failed miserably.

I hope the board don't consider this group as representing the fans as its rubbish- the meetings are last minute, minutes (from the meetings) have taken weeks to publish, only a select few have been allowed to go to certain meetings (despite it being open to all) and this election process is a complete farce. Why waste money (I'm assuming the club is funding this) and time on something that is so poor and has received so little interest?

JB/ PJ said the GasBoard would represent the fans as a whole. I don't want it to represent me and I'm far more happy with the Trust.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Sad I know but I've just had a look at the Profs powerpoint presentation. Surprisingly tit was easiest to find on The Trust website.

Quote :
Independent Supporters Groups:

6 Members -­‐approx one member per 500 supporters

Quote :
Independent Supporters Groups:

Groups self-­‐organise to decide split of six places

Direct nominations decided and/or internal elections run by groups

I think they should publish a list of independent supporters groups and membership numbers and certainly if a person is affiliated to two groups they should be limited in voting in only one. Voting should be limited to members with at least a years membership for example to stop any gerrymandering.

The second quote is more worrying. It should be mandatory for elections to take place in the supporters groups with a full hustings. Direct nominations I ask you!

For a group tasked with holding the Board to account and wanting transparency you couldn't make up a worse set of conditions for forming a board.

It reeks of smoked filled rooms, deals being done and multi voting. And this is the result of months and months of meetings, consultation and employing an expert in such matters.

Again if the Trust had been run along the same lines there would have been a commotion to say the least. Can you imagine someone like Rapson or Chowell Gas board lover in Chief going along with anything like this for the Trust.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:13 pm

On reflection we need Deepthroat and Windsor Boy to reactivate their account to let us know what they think about such shortcomings. Come on Messrs Jameson Webb Newell Wozzer lets be having you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flyers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyers?   Flyers? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Flyers?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next