mouldyoldgoat
downthetrack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:32 pm

For Liverpool,8th in the league is kenny's job on the line ?
Back to top Go down

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:20 pm

They just can't get it together can they. Serves them right though for that awesome team they had in the 70s. I never forgave them for allowing Ray Clemence to take a penalty against us.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:37 pm

I've always thought he was past his best as a manager and should not have come back.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:36 am

They showed a form table from the last 17 games on Sky this morning, and Liverpool are in the bottom 3.

If it were anyone else but Dalglish, they'd have been up the road weeks ago. He's taken to slagging off his own players now, so his clock's definitely ticking.
Back to top Go down

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:52 am

It's a tough one for the owners though, if they beat Chelsea on Saturday, they've won both cups and an added bonus of beating Everton in the semi. That constitutes success, but their league form is atrocious.

Nobody will remember they scraped past Cardiff on penalties, the record books and their trophy cabinet will just show silverware.

Lose to Chelsea and the decision is a lot easier.

Dalglish was my idol as a kid and probably the best footballer I saw play live. I've never rated him as a manager though. The Liverpool side he managed in the 80's couldn't fail to win trophies. I could've managed them. Jack walker bought him success at Blackburn, he flopped at Celtic and oversaw the most boring Newcastle team in history, where he played Ian Rush on the wing!

I wonder if the yanks would rather lose on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:46 am

Some of the most atrocious fans in the country who dwell on the past at every turn and expect sympathy from everyone. Deserve everything they get in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:23 pm

If they never won the league again, that would be too soon lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:42 pm

1989/90 was the last time,which means they have never won the Premiership.
Back to top Go down

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:44 pm

I disagree strongly with LondonGreen, I have been to Anfield several times as I have family in the area and I would have to say in my opinion they are the best fans in the country, they even clap the visiting sides GK at the kop a tradition that has been in practice for many years Woy Hodgson even received applause on his first return to Anfield after a terrible tenure as their manager. As for Kenny Dalglish I believe the Cup(s) will buy him time however if they are not challenging for the top 4 come Oct/Nov time I think he will either walk or FSG (The Yanks) will move him on. I get the impression that these guys do not hold the sentiment for Dalglish that the fans do and failure is not an option.

A successful Liverpool side is only healthy for the EPL and rightly so as they are the most decorated club in terms of honours this country has produced.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
I disagree strongly with LondonGreen, I have been to Anfield several times as I have family in the area and I would have to say in my opinion they are the best fans in the country, they even clap the visiting sides GK at the kop a tradition that has been in practice for many years Woy Hodgson even received applause on his first return to Anfield after a terrible tenure as their manager. As for Kenny Dalglish I believe the Cup(s) will buy him time however if they are not challenging for the top 4 come Oct/Nov time I think he will either walk or FSG (The Yanks) will move him on. I get the impression that these guys do not hold the sentiment for Dalglish that the fans do and failure is not an option.

A successful Liverpool side is only healthy for the EPL and rightly so as they are the most decorated club in terms of honours this country has produced.

Might be my youthful age playing a part here but as I have never seen a truly successful Liverpool side in my lifetime (the 2001 team was the closest it got), I just find their constant reminiscing about the Shankly and Paisley eras all rather nauseating. The fact they still attempt to big themselves up against a Manchester United team who have truly been successful in my lifetime (and I hate giving that lot credit) is rather laughable. I also found their insistence about not playing their FA cup match on the Hillsborough anniversary the other week a bit of a backward demand - surely the best way to celebrate the lives of those 96 would be to beat their city rivals at Wembley?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:30 pm

I am afraid it's King Kenny's time to move aside.
As Greenjock said Kenny Dalglish was a very very special player for someone not gifted with pace and I know people will disagree but I would even put him up there as an equal to George Best.
His awareness of what was happening around him put him streets ahead of others and it's a shame that his prowess as a player might be diminished by his exploits in management.
Back to top Go down

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:58 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Might be my youthful age playing a part here but as I have never seen a truly successful Liverpool side in my lifetime (the 2001 team was the closest it got), I just find their constant reminiscing about the Shankly and Paisley eras all rather nauseating. The fact they still attempt to big themselves up against a Manchester United team who have truly been successful in my lifetime (and I hate giving that lot credit) is rather laughable. I also found their insistence about not playing their FA cup match on the Hillsborough anniversary the other week a bit of a backward demand - surely the best way to celebrate the lives of those 96 would be to beat their city rivals at Wembley?

I understand your point of view however lets not forget Liverpool were European Champions only 6 years ago something United and Ferguson have failed miserably in emulating given their domestic dominance of the last 20 years . Liverpool crave success and are rightly proud of their history and more importantly appreciative of it, flag nights at Anfield are special and it is a unique experience that I would recommend to any true football fan, Im sure if you conducted a straw poll amongst players of their favourite grounds to play at Anfield would feature heavily. As for the Hillsborough anniversary in defence of the club a memorial service is held at Anfield on the day every year all the the players and backroom staff attend, they receive dispensation from both the FA and the Premier League for this. Im sure if the FA had allowed the semi-final to have taken place at Old Trafford as they should of done then the issues regarding this years service would not have been highlighted at all.
Back to top Go down
`rgill

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Kenneth Dalgleish as won more in one season than Newcastle have in 43
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another defeat   Another defeat Empty

Back to top Go down

Another defeat
Page 1 of 1