The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat Empty
PostSubject: AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat   AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 4:02 am

AFC Wimbledon head coach Mark Robinson says he, his players and backroom staff will personally refund supporters following Saturday's heavy defeat at Bolton.

The Dons were beaten 4-0 by Wanderers at the University of Bolton Stadium as goals from Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Oladapo Afolayan, Dion Charles and Amadou Bakayoko giving Ian Evatt's side a fifth consecutive home victory.

360 visiting fans had braved the gusts and snow brought on by Storm Eunice and Robinson says their efforts were not rewarded on the pitch, and that any individual not willing to accept a refund will see their money donated to the club's charity partners in their fight against food poverty.

"In every game we have lost this season I have seen a Wimbledon side in the making," Robinson told afcwimbledon.co.uk.

"That was not the case yesterday and that's why we are doing this. I am not setting a precedent but I am setting standards.

"Our fans had plenty of excuses with the weather this weekend not to travel. However, they travelled because they believe in what we are trying to build and, despite a performance that did not back up that belief, they still clapped us off.

"When a player wears an AFC Wimbledon shirt there are 'givens'. I am not saying the lads did not care - I know they care - but no matter how disappointed they might be feeling, or low in confidence, the bare minimum they have is those 'givens'.

"It's not about apologising for a defeat, it's about acknowledging we fell well below what is to be expected of a Wimbledon employee and on this occasion doing the right thing.

"If fans do not want their money back then I totally respect their choice.

"However, that won't stop us doing the right thing. If fans turn down their refund, then the money will go to the Dons Local Action Group (DLAG) instead, to help their relentless fight against food poverty."
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat   AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 1:38 pm

Good on them!

A proper community club.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

AFC Wimbledon Fans to be Refunded for Bolton Defeat
Page 1 of 1