Matt Lecointe signs professional contract

Go down 
+2
Warny
Mr President
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Matt Lecointe signs professional contract Empty
PostSubject: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Just seen on SSN that Matt Lecointe has signed a professional contract. Great news for him and for us. I'm sure other clubs were interested in getting him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Excellent news.

He's got real talent and real potential. The goal he scored on his debut for the England U19's was outstanding, a sign of a natural finisher. Any idea about the length of contract?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Doesn't say on SSN or on the Club website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:31 pm

It does say on the club site. Anyway, excellent news a good one for the future, in fact he didn't do too badly this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Iggy wrote:
It does say on the club site. Anyway, excellent news a good one for the future, in fact he didn't do too badly this season.

I've read it again and still cant see how long the contract is? Must be an old age thing Iggy Razz so how long is it?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I've read it again and still cant see how long the contract is? Must be an old age thing Iggy Razz so how long is it?

The Club has a policy of not revealing contract lengths now so I don't think we'll find that out.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm

That's good. Got talent, but still very raw. A loan spell somewhere would do him some good.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Mr President wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Iggy wrote:

The Club has a policy of not revealing contract lengths now so I don't think we'll find that out.

Welcome the new age of transparency at Argyle, eh?

What next?

We won't be revealing their names?

Just go back to just using numbers on their shirts?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:43 pm

LeCointe reminds me of Nick Barmby. Not as a player but as the object of a conversation.

Venables (to Alan Sugar) "Look at that lad, Barmby he's great, he'll play for England one day"

Alan Sugar "Sell him"
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:37 pm

hey. congrats to the lad, good news cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:00 am

Grovehill wrote:
LeCointe reminds me of Nick Barmby. Not as a player but as the object of a conversation.

Venables (to Alan Sugar) "Look at that lad, Barmby he's great, he'll play for England one day"

Alan Sugar "Sell him"

Same old, same old. We sign a player who is widely regarded as a decent prospect and who has represented his country. The majority of people posting here are pleased with the move and yet you think there's a conspiracy to put him on professional terms simply to sell him. How long do you think we do sell him then Grovey? Is the boy in on this master plan?

You delight in swimming against the tide that its become a habit that you can't help, regardless as to the news and the arguments.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:46 am

It's a point though isn't it. Selling home grown talent has Ben a way clubs have tried to raise finance for years, Crewe being the ultimate example. It's an income stream that the Board I'm sure will want to exploit to help balance the books as it's bums on seats and other income to spend on the team or nothing. It we get a season or two out of a player in the meantime all the better. It's not an altogether attractive model but it's the course JB has chosen to follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:22 am

Dougie wrote:
It's a point though isn't it. Selling home grown talent has Ben a way clubs have tried to raise finance for years, Crewe being the ultimate example. It's an income stream that the Board I'm sure will want to exploit to help balance the books as it's bums on seats and other income to spend on the team or nothing. It we get a season or two out of a player in the meantime all the better. It's not an altogether attractive model but it's the course JB has chosen to follow.

I'm not saying we're never going to sell the player but as you say once he has given us another couple of seasons. Grovey's post wasn't suggesting a natural development at all.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:25 am

It's certainly better than not signing local talent FFS.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:28 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Alan Sugar "Sell him"

Same old, same old. We sign a player who is widely regarded as a decent prospect and who has represented his country. The majority of people posting here are pleased with the move and yet you think there's a conspiracy to put him on professional terms simply to sell him. How long do you think we do sell him then Grovey? Is the boy in on this master plan?

You delight in swimming against the tide that its become a habit that you can't help, regardless as to the news and the arguments.

Lighten up FFS, what are you, a refuge from the happpy clappy Pasoti?

I'm delighted that we have an exciting prospect under contract.

But I was trying to point out, in a light hearted manner that when businessmen get involved with a football club, they look at it as just that-a business.

And all assets, whether they be a bit of land or a young prospect, are looked at as saleable for the right price.

Brent has expressed a wish for the football club to be sustainable, there's also the mater of several million pounds worth of debt outstanding.

how do you think that's going to be paid off?

If you don't like the message (PAFC are a selling club) don't shot the messenger.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:36 am

Grovehill wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Alan Sugar "Sell him"

Lighten up FFS, what are you, a refuge from the happpy clappy Pasoti?

I'm delighted that we have an exciting prospect under contract.

But I was trying to point out, in a light hearted manner that when businessmen get involved with a football club, they look at it as just that-a business.

And all assets, whether they be a bit of land or a young prospect, are looked at as saleable for the right price.

Brent has expressed a wish for the football club to be sustainable, there's also the mater of several million pounds worth of debt outstanding.

how do you think that's going to be paid off?

If you don't like the message (PAFC are a selling club) don't shot the messenger.

I think you sunny , need to use Question emoticons, to convey Suspect your light hearted comments cheers as you came over as cat being a curmudgeonly old misery Mad
I haven't quite got the hang of it elephant myself but I'm working on it jocolor

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe signs professional contract   Matt Lecointe signs professional contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Lecointe signs professional contract
Page 1 of 1