Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s Empty
PostSubject: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Came on in the 61st minute and scores in the 65th. Well done and hopefully when we sell this one we will get a decent price!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 pm

That's what you'd call an impact substitution! Well done Matt!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 pm

From the FA site

65'Matt Lecointe. A debut goal for the Plymouth forward, as he controls a cross from Clayton before lifting the ball over the 'keeper and into the net.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Jack Stephens also played 45 minutes, and Joe Mason has just scored for Cardiff. What could have been Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm

It's probably put at least another £1500 on his transfer value (at Plymouth prices) cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:21 pm

And now Ashley Barnes scores!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:54 pm

I wish I could score that easy but there again I'm not under 21 and use the wrong deodrant. Messi had got 5 for Barca last time I looked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am

There is definitely a bit of something about young Matt, well done buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 am

Luke Young will be next one to go, a quality player with exactly the right attitude, lets just hope we get what he's worth when the inevitable happens
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 pm

monti wrote:
Luke Young will be next one to go, a quality player with exactly the right attitude, lets just hope we get what he's worth when the inevitable happens

Exciting isn't it ? He was the only player who looked like a footballer at Oxford, my only match this season.

We're a poor, poor club. How anyone can travel long distances to follow that crap is quite beyond me. Get a life ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

Exciting isn't it ? He was the only player who looked like a footballer at Oxford, my only match this season.

We're a poor, poor club. How anyone can travel long distances to follow that crap is quite beyond me. Get a life ffs !

I went all the way to Aldershot to watch a very poor game, went with a load of mates and family, had a few beers, good bit of banter and a really good day out had by all, what's wrong with that Tringy?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

Its called supporting your team Tring, at all times, not just when they are in a higher division and winning a few.

Wait for it here comes the "praaper fan" and "aviva crap" you come out with predictably. About you mentioned Newell on this thread if you havent already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

I went all the way to Aldershot to watch a very poor game, went with a load of mates and family, had a few beers, good bit of banter and a really good day out had by all, what's wrong with that Tringy?

That's how I treat games now Iggy. Trip away with mates, lots of beer and banter and sing yourself hoarse. The result matters but over the last few years I've had to lower my expectations and try and enjoy the day out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Back on subject. Here's Matt Lecointes goal for England last night. Pretty well taken I'd say cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:09 pm

I think it was John Lloyd who once referred to away games with Argyle as being 'a travelling drinking club' and that's been pretty much how I view it these days. Good day out with a few mates, a few scoops in local hostelries and a bit of a laugh. A decent game/result is not expected, and is treated as a bonus, but it's the rest of the day, away from the footy, that's the main attraction.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:54 pm

125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

Its called supporting your team Tring, at all times, not just when they are in a higher division and winning a few.

Wait for it here comes the "praaper fan" and "aviva crap" you come out with predictably. About you mentioned Newell on this thread if you havent already

Been there and done that dear boy. Very frustrating after a few decades of underachievement and missed opportunities. Still, if it rocks your boat, enjoy the ride. Personally, I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to have beer and fun with my mates.It's called growing up, becoming more selective.

I must admit I have been further alienated by the attitudes and arrogance of our dimwitted superfans.
Aviva chose wisely. I expect Naaaaaaaaarich declined the offer, for what should be obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

Been there and done that dear boy. Very frustrating after a few decades of underachievement and missed opportunities. Still, if it rocks your boat, enjoy the ride. Personally, I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to have beer and fun with my mates.It's called growing up, becoming more selective.

I must admit I have been further alienated by the attitudes and arrogance of our dimwitted superfans.
Aviva chose wisely. I expect Naaaaaaaaarich declined the offer, for what should be obvious reasons.

With your childish comments on these threads it seems you havent grown up alot, or you have a low mental age.

Im very selective on matches, drive there drive back, no time for beer or mates, usually just me and my brother, i attend 10-15 games if im lucky, managing my youth team takes priority im afraid.

perhaps im not a praaaaper fan Neutral
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Back on subject. Here's Matt Lecointes goal for England last night. Pretty well taken I'd say cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Id say, if messi scored that we'd never hear the last of it.

Superb finish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Was a great finish, and he nearly got another right at the end. I would rather have Lecointe on the bench as an impact sub than Warren Feeney. It would be good to hold onto him for another year or two before making a couple of million for him cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 pm

125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

With your childish comments on these threads it seems you havent grown up alot, or you have a low mental age.

Im very selective on matches, drive there drive back, no time for beer or mates, usually just me and my brother, i attend 10-15 games if im lucky, managing my youth team takes priority im afraid.

perhaps im not a praaaaper fan Neutral

Don't worry , you are a praaaaaper fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Greenjock wrote:
before making a couple of million for him

Bit ambitious jock? Knowing argyle we'll let him go to brighton or southampton for 25k!

Someone said to me the other day, and i really do hope that they were wrong that we got rid of BWP for a measly 10k? Surely that cant be true?! Thats pitiful even in the situation that we were in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:29 pm

monti wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Bit ambitious jock? Knowing argyle we'll let him go to brighton or southampton for 25k!

Someone said to me the other day, and i really do hope that they were wrong that we got rid of BWP for a measly 10k? Surely that cant be true?! Thats pitiful even in the situation that we were in!

Don't worry, monti, it wasn't £10k. Closer to £15k, I was told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
monti wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Don't worry, monti, it wasn't £10k. Closer to £15k, I was told.

That's quite depressing actually.

But thanks for clarifying it anyway.

'Only at argyle' - I find myself saying this far too often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 pm

I was being wildly optimistic Monti, but you never know. Wasn't there a story in The Sun saying Liverpool were interested in him last year?

I thought we got about £100k for BWP but I'm not sure. I think Reading were going to pay about £300k for him but then said he had dodgy knees and pulled out of the deal. I also seem to remember Holloway really trying to help us in our hour of need and offering something pathetic for him, but whatever we got for him, he was worth loads more and has carried on scoring for Charlton, dodgy knees or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s   Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Lecointe scores for England U-18s
Page 1 of 1