Dougie
Tringreen
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:53 pm

knecht wrote:
I'm starting to suspect that "you two" post so often after each other that you are in fact the same person with multiple accounts. Wink

lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!

Ban 'em both
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm

I am Frank's Dad if that helps! lol!

Allegedly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:16 pm

There is no question about it that Fletcher deserves an opportunity.
I would be comfortable and believe a prudent move by JB would be to offer him a 12 month rolling contract.
The litmus test however will be the pre season, ins and outs are crucial, we require time served lower league players in the ilk of Purse, with a sprinkling of youth and a Steve McCall type in the middle who can create the killer pass on the deck. I hope that between them both Fletcher and Deehan have enough good contacts in the game to attract them down here, there is no doubt that Argyle budget wise despite the hangover from SRG & Co are still a big fish in a contaminated pond. Early signings and a bedded in starting XI going into next seasons campaign is Key.
If Fletcher can achieve that then I am green tinted enough to believe Argyle can do some real damage in this dire division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
We were not relegated because of worse teams than us we didn't go down because we were better than other teams. Depends which way you want to look at it doesn't it. Given the nailed on relegation position we were in for best part of half the season to start with the team and the manager deserve some credit, however begrudging, for improving and eventually being better.

Nobody has I think said that Fletcher has a right to anything as such. They think he deserves a chance which is vastly different. Nobody also knows if he will sign the right players or whether those players will produce the kind of winning football that all of us would like to see. That's entertaining as well as winning. He rightly thinks highly of Fletcher. Why wouldn't he for feck sake as he was the man in charge who beat the drop that looked like happening against a lot of odds. In business doing what you are hired to do, and doing it well, is what matters and Fletcher did that like him or not. People think he is nailed on to get a contract because he has succeeded since taking over and there is no evidence to suggest he hasn't.

The start of next season having followed comings and goings is bound to be the judging point for most and especially given Fletcher's experience. If he gets the job and the team are doing well then it will have proved to be the right choice. If not then it will probably be reviewed. People are not as green tinted as made out to be and are perfectly capable of seeing what's in front of them. The supporters have stuck with the club because of the troubles more than anything else this season. In a season without troubles the judgement will be different and there will be no sentiment next term. We still have debt and simply have to live with that fact. Brent has made it as plain as he can that there is no pot of gold for the club. We have to live with that because there isn't any other game in town. We haven't got any right to expect success just because we get more through the gates at the moment than anyone else. What was Bradford's excuse if that was a factor this season. Rather than right the whole shebang off before a ball is kicked I prefer to wait and see before moaning and groaning. I might moan and groan in the end but at least it will be about something I've seen and the teams results rather than specualtion now.

Bradford have been guff at this level for years.
However their failures is not an excuse for us to be stuck in this League for any longer then 1 or 2 seasons .For me Hiring Fletcher for next season was the wrong decision and by the time any decision on a change is made next season my guess is that the play-offs will be too far away and another season of treading water in L2 beckons, but hey ho lets wait and see eh.
You say " We haven't got any right to expect success just because we get more through the gates at the moment than anyone else" i strongly disagree, watching us struggle at home this season against the likes of Aldershot, Shrewsbury,Dagenham,and Hereford to name a few left me bored to tears and almost foaming at the mouth as to how ineffective we seemed in comparison to these sides, if one side averages 2,000 at home and another 6,000, do i expect to see a difference in quality on the pitch?....bleddy right i do!! and i expect Bradford fans feel the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 pm

That's slightly missing the point I was making punchdrunk. The reference to Bradford was just to show that size of gate is no pointer to success despite the fact that it should be to a degree. Success is based on the squad and it's abilities, the tactics and managerial expertees and more than anything confidence. If an average squad of players gel in the right way then chances are they will succeed. If a bunch of super dooper players don't the chances are they won't despite themselves and their ability.

Nobody wants to stay in this league for a third season. Why would they. You can't judge Argyle on this season in my opinion due mostly to the start it had and what it had to play with. Next season will be different though as it will start level with everyone else. It is obvious Fletcher will be offered a contract and it would be a major shock if he wasn't whether you like him or not. He won't have a honeymoon period next time around. The calls for heads will soon start if it is not going well and Brent isn't stupid whatever else he might be. If the gates shrink which they would then I'm certain he would not sit on his hands. But, it's all guess work including the last comment. As said I will just wait and see before groaning and moaning.

What an insult knecht. Me being one and the same as "that bloke". Go wash your mouth out I'm slim and good looking.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Everytime you disagree with somebody Tringreen you go into the dismissive mode which is a great way to argue your point and grown up as well. You are a one string pony who doesn't have an original idea in your entire bulk except to just dismiss others you don't appear to like much. I don't give one flying feck whether you like, dislike, agree or disagree. Trying to belittle people is something you seem to find abhorent elsewhere. Pity you didn't practice a little more what you constantly preach. The easiest way to ignore is just not read it but you wouldn't get your kicks that way would you.

I read this one. It was concise. I don't read your usual pedantic missives, they send me to sleep. Sleep

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
That's slightly missing the point I was making punchdrunk. The reference to Bradford was just to show that size of gate is no pointer to success despite the fact that it should be to a degree. Success is based on the squad and it's abilities, the tactics and managerial expertees and more than anything confidence. If an average squad of players gel in the right way then chances are they will succeed. If a bunch of super dooper players don't the chances are they won't despite themselves and their ability.

Nobody wants to stay in this league for a third season. Why would they. You can't judge Argyle on this season in my opinion due mostly to the start it had and what it had to play with. Next season will be different though as it will start level with everyone else. It is obvious Fletcher will be offered a contract and it would be a major shock if he wasn't whether you like him or not. He won't have a honeymoon period next time around. The calls for heads will soon start if it is not going well and Brent isn't stupid whatever else he might be. If the gates shrink which they would then I'm certain he would not sit on his hands. But, it's all guess work including the last comment. As said I will just wait and see before groaning and moaning.

What an insult knecht. Me being one and the same as "that bloke". Go wash your mouth out I'm slim and good looking.

Have you seen the season ticket prices at Bradford? Believe me I think you will be shocked, the size of their gates is overshadowed by the rent they pay to their landlord. They give them away cheap in order to get the bodies in there because they have to. Their crowd size is no reflection of their playing budget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Tringreen wrote:
We really do need an 'ignore' facility on here. lol!

I realise that listening to me too much can give you a RSI but your reasoning is so boringly obvious and uninspiring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Careful sensible....he'll throw a wobbly and tell you what he really thinks......on second thoughts that is all he can do.........we should be the ones that get bored and fall asleep.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:06 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
We really do need an 'ignore' facility on here. lol!

I realise that listening to me too much can give you a RSI but your reasoning is so boringly obvious and uninspiring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Careful sensible....he'll throw a wobbly and tell you what he really thinks......on second thoughts that is all he can do.........we should be the ones that get bored and fall asleep.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

All crawling out from under their stones tonight lol!

Good job I've got my insect repellent on lol!

Is the farm quiet tonight ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Bradford are probably in a bigger financial mess than we are. Their season tickets have been dirt cheap over the last few years and they've still got 25 year season ticket holders who basically make a contribution each season. I believe their rent is something like £800k per year. Comparing us with them is pointless.

If Fletch is to remain manager then I really hope he either changes the backroom coaching staff or at least adds to them. What exactly does John Deehan do?. If he's just doing Fletch's menial tasks then surely not needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Not a member of "the farm" and never have been with any account let alone a multiple one. Must be a hell of a sized can if it's spray on.

I know that Bradford's prices are a lot less than ours but they get pretty much twice as many in. I was not aware they have long season tickets however so yes it does seem a pointless comparison in those circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Bradford are probably in a bigger financial mess than we are. Their season tickets have been dirt cheap over the last few years and they've still got 25 year season ticket holders who basically make a contribution each season. I believe their rent is something like £800k per year. Comparing us with them is pointless.

If Fletch is to remain manager then I really hope he either changes the backroom coaching staff or at least adds to them. What exactly does John Deehan do?. If he's just doing Fletch's menial tasks then surely not needed.
CG you raise some interesting points...Bradford fans must be mightily pissed off as every season that goes by the team do not seem to improve despite 10,000 or so turning up every other week and cheering the team on.Its a kick in the teeth though for the likes of Chris Webb, who continually implore fans to turn up week after week.It makes no difference to performance whatsoever if Bradford's experience is anything to go by. Except at the box office,maybe thats what he means.More spin than substance from the president I think....Does Dixie Deehan have an influence?I think his experience makes a great difference,although his vocal presence is noticeably absent.Perhaps he has a gagging order placed on him.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 pm

oddball wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

CG you raise some interesting points...Bradford fans must be mightily pissed off as every season that goes by the team do not seem to improve despite 10,000 or so turning up every other week and cheering the team on.Its a kick in the teeth though for the likes of Chris Webb, who continually implore fans to turn up week after week.It makes no difference to performance whatsoever if Bradford's experience is anything to go by. Except at the box office,maybe thats what he means.More spin than substance from the president I think....Does Dixie Deehan have an influence?I think his experience makes a great difference,although his vocal presence is noticeably absent.Perhaps he has a gagging order placed on him.

To be fair Bradford had their moment in the prem, 2 seasons?. All we got for our debts was the chance to make some suits incredibly wealthy and 4 years of dire football. It could be argued Bradford have earnt the right to some leeway from their supporters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent in contract talks with Fletcher   Brent in contract talks with Fletcher - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent in contract talks with Fletcher
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2