tcm
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Now Fletcher backs Brent Empty
PostSubject: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:42 am

Another twist in the contract negotiations with Fletcher now supporting JB- has the contract been agreed?

MANAGER Carl Fletcher believes the businesslike approach of Plymouth Argyle owner James Brent is the way forward for the Pilgrims.

Brent is not about to throw money at the League Two club in the pursuit of success on the pitch.

He wants Argyle to be sustainable, spending only what they can afford.

Fletcher fully supports that approach, especially after all the fall-out caused by the Pilgrims' financial collapse in 2011 under their former board of directors.

Brent bought Argyle out of administration last October, after a long period where players – including Fletcher – and staff were not paid their proper wages for many months.

Fletcher told Herald Sport: "With James, what you see is what you get. He's a nice gentleman.

"You can definitely see why he has got where he has in business. He knows what he's talking about and what needs to be done.

"It was important for Plymouth he came in and saved the football club.

"James will run it as a business, which I think you have to do these days. You have to run it to its means.

"There is no point in thinking, 'if we spend over our budget we might have a chance of certain things happening'.

"You have got to believe in what you are trying to do as a football club and keep it within the boundaries of your financial restraints, otherwise you get in trouble like we were.

"We are lucky now that all our skeletons are out of the closet, so to speak, and we are working off a fresh sheet of paper."

Brent (right) has been successful in various business sectors, such as banking and hotels, but football has been a new venture for him.

Fletcher admitted Brent, who has regularly attended home and away fixtures, was learning fast.

He said: "I think James is well aware his knowledge of football isn't that great, but it's getting better each game he goes to.

"I speak to him about why I make certain decisions or what's going on. I think we are both very ambitious people. He's a workaholic and wants this football club to succeed, and I'm no different."

Fletcher was appointed as Argyle manager last September and he admitted one of the hardest parts of his role was telling players they would not be in the team, whether it was for form or tactical reasons.

He said: "You try to look at it from every angle, but you can't keep everyone happy.

"I don't think there is any need to be horrible to anyone in certain situations. If things need to be said, truthfully and honestly, then they get said.

"That's one of my main things – we try to be honest with everyone, whether they like what we have got to say or they don't. We try to be as honest as we can be."

FOR information about Argyle 2012/13 membership packages, contact the Argyle box office (telephone 0845 872 3335) or check the club website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:52 am

Looks like we're stuck with Fletcher..........ffs !

And another season of the now tarnished superfan trying to get everyone to part with their cash to pay off James Sahib's debts. The scramble for pointless and toothless Gas positions will heighten through the summer and new names to replace the likes of Deep Throat and Windsor Boy will surface.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:16 am

At least it gives us all something to talk about in the absence of any team building, no cast offs available yet.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:35 am

Tringreen wrote:

And another season of the now tarnished superfan trying to get everyone to part with their cash to pay off James Sahib's debts. The scramble for pointless and toothless Gas positions will heighten through the summer and new names to replace the likes of Deep Throat and Windsor Boy will surface.

fecing hell mate,your such a happy chappie arnt you lol! happy dys in the sun eh lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:37 am

The nightmare continues next season. Happy to be bottom of L2? Of course they are! jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:39 am

Look forward to more negative football played by ineffective youngsters supported by over the hill hoofball merchants, 0-0,1-0,1-1 on a weekly basis and mid table at best, the future is grim, the future is with Fletcher. Evil or Very Mad

Still.... we have a giant flag,choir practice in the Devonport, Forza Nerd, and Webb and Newell still controlling their greasy little empire from within the arse flaps of James Brents suit.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:44 am

tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

fecing hell mate,your such a happy chappie arnt you lol! happy dys in the sun eh lol! lol! lol! lol!

I'm happy about plenty of things dear boy and yes the sun is shining and I have a smile on my face. I just don't suffer fools gladly. I suppose you're still 'enjoying the ride' ?

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:54 am

Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I'm happy about plenty of things dear boy and yes the sun is shining and I have a smile on my face. I just don't suffer fools gladly. I suppose you're still 'enjoying the ride' ?

yeah ok tring,happy days lol! iam glad we have a club to support if thats what you mean?but by all means tell us how you would do it differantly? i would love to know,so the tring way of running pafc would be ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:24 am

tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

yeah ok tring,happy days lol! iam glad we have a club to support if thats what you mean?but by all means tell us how you would do it differantly? i would love to know,so the tring way of running pafc would be ?

I've been there so many times and it is even boring me now. It is nothing complicated, it's more a matter of seeking out investment/ new owners at the right time. Encouragingly, Brent has said that 'when' the club gets on a roll again and returns to the second tier, he will look to pass on the baton.
This is all I've ever asked for but the Stapleton mob got greedy, wouldn't promote the potential of the club to a wider audience, refused an offer of investment from Argyle fans and the rest is history. Trouble is, history tends to repeat itself at HP.

PS Are you a long standing Pasoti user by any chance ?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:58 am

Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I've been there so many times and it is even boring me now. It is nothing complicated, it's more a matter of seeking out investment/ new owners at the right time. Encouragingly, Brent has said that 'when' the club gets on a roll again and returns to the second tier, he will look to pass on the baton.
This is all I've ever asked for but the Stapleton mob got greedy, wouldn't promote the potential of the club to a wider audience, refused an offer of investment from Argyle fans and the rest is history. Trouble is, history tends to repeat itself at HP.

PS Are you a long standing Pasoti user by any chance ?yeah i use pasoti,i thought you used to?,so according to you its just a case of finding investment and thats not complicated? lol! your in a dream world tring,you realy think its that simple?you think theres a army of investers out there lol! i think the suns gone to your head mate,but anyway tring lets asume you have your investors,( i wonder who they are?)and your the chairman ,whats next? how would you do it from that point on?you say you have been there so many times its boring you?its not boring you slaging off every thing the club does now though is it?,,,so chairman tring lets have your blueprint for running our club,i must admitt though i dont think you have one? do you,,you know ,a real one,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:38 am

You clearly couldn't see the bigger picture then and you obviously still can't see it now. Argyle is the largest city club never to have achieved top flight football. The potential remains but it does get more difficult with each passing missed opportunity.Our crowd potential is, as it always was, on a par with the likes of Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton. The difference being, somewhere along the line they had a board that went for it. We've always been outclassed and greedy in that department.

Posters like Greenskin have being trying to educate Pasoti for years, without success.

Now trot off back to the farm and enjoy the ride. I really can't be repeating myself over and over again.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:59 am

I think tcm would be surprised by the number of wealthy individuals who are Argyle fans. There were at least 3 lined up a few years ago, who would have invested £10m into the club between them, with more to follow from others when necessary.

Not throwing money at the club, but investing at the right time, to help with that final push. That's the sort of sustainable investment this club needed.

Brent's model of only spending what we can afford is all very well, and will, no doubt, keep the club afloat, but in terms of achieving footballing success can only, by it's very nature, be limited.

Years of mediocrity lie ahead I'm afraid, unless someone can persuade JB to part with some cash, or convince others (yes they are out there) to sign up to the vision.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:03 am

Tringreen wrote:
You clearly couldn't see the bigger picture then and you obviously still can't see it now. Argyle is the largest city club never to have achieved top flight football. The potential remains but it does get more difficult with each passing missed opportunity.Our crowd potential is, as it always was, on a par with the likes of Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton. The difference being, somewhere along the line they had a board that went for it. We've always been outclassed and greedy in that department.

Posters like Greenskin have being trying to educate Pasoti for years, without success.

Now trot off back to the farm and enjoy the ride. I really can't be repeating myself over and over again.
thats a cop out tring,ofcouse i can see the bigger picture every argo fan on the planet can see that,i just wondered how you would do it?if there is a way to get us to the prem and you know how that would work please tell us?anyone can say investment but where are the investors?,the point iam making to you is that your talking like evrythings crap at our club but you know how to make it work?whats your plan tring? its easy to slagg off everones idears but where are yours? come on tring thats not a answer is it?and seeing as this is a site to talk about all things argo related , another question,do you get any pleasure out of supporting our club because looking at your posts it seems like you dont,mind you your not on your own here are you lol! plastic argo fans,,shit em.(nothing personel dear boy)
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:05 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I think tcm would be surprised by the number of wealthy individuals who are Argyle fans. There were at least 3 lined up a few years ago, who would have invested £10m into the club between them, with more to follow from others when necessary.

Not throwing money at the club, but investing at the right time, to help with that final push. That's the sort of sustainable investment this club needed.

Brent's model of only spending what we can afford is all very well, and will, no doubt, keep the club afloat, but in terms of achieving footballing success can only, by it's very nature, be limited.

Years of mediocrity lie ahead I'm afraid, unless someone can persuade JB to part with some cash, or convince others (yes they are out there) to sign up to the vision.
who are they pp?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:08 am

hay were havin a football dabate on ATD,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:13 am

tcm wrote:

Yes.................... but how many more times do we have to say the same things ?

Please try to understand. It is very simple.

With regard your comment about plastic fans............. The last few years, the inevitability of it all, the crowing, bullying superfans etc, has admittedly driven me away from physical attendance. I am sickened by the spectre of it all. I still care and want the club to one day fulfil its potential but I wouldn't travel more than half an hour to watch the debacle that I've seen coming for far too long.
Moving away from Plymouth does tend to give one a broader perspective and quite frankly, until things change, I don't miss going to games at all.
It's all so needy and village, from Where's Webby's outpourings of,' The club that will never die!' to the disgraceful personal positioning and deceit so blatantly exposed involving seemingly most, if not all of the farm hierarchy.
These people are not fit to lead.

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:38 am

[quote="Tringreen"]
tcm wrote:

Yes.................... but how many more times do we have to say the same things ?

Please try to understand. It is very simple.[/quote)now tring pu lease try to back up your posts,if you can do it better just tell us,whats the problem?,and in answer to your question(how many more times do we have to say the same things)just one more time for me please,i put it to you tring that you dont have the answers to how we take our club forward,it wont hurt if you just tell us your master vision,and that goes out to all the atd argo bashers aswell,if you have the answers just tell us,come on guys if you know something we dont ,share it with the rest of us,we all want the same thing dont we?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:45 am

[quote="tcm"]
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

Please try to understand. It is very simple.[/quote)now tring pu lease try to back up your posts,if you can do it better just tell us,whats the problem?,and in answer to your question(how many more times do we have to say the same things)just one more time for me please,i put it to you tring that you dont have the answers to how we take our club forward,it wont hurt if you just tell us your master vision,and that goes out to all the atd argo bashers aswell,if you have the answers just tell us,come on guys if you know something we dont ,share it with the rest of us,we all want the same thing dont we?

FFS ! Read PP's post. IT IS VE RY SIM PLE !
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:46 am

Tringreen wrote:

Your main argument is that over the years just when it looked like we were in sight of the promised land the various boards refused to put their hands in their pockets or would not accept offers to sell the club to investors who were prepared to put some money into the club to go for the final push and buy the necessary players to enable us to make a serious challenge.
I understand all that but why the vitriol and mocking of the fans (You call them Avivas I think) who go and support their club week in and week out. They have nothing wrong except they love the club despite its faults. You on the other hand sit on your fat ass in Cyprus decrying their support and telling people if only they listened to you and Greenskin who has been trying to educate Pasoti for years……..oh the bullshit is nauseating.
You my dear friend are a cock.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:49 am

gasser9 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Your main argument is that over the years just when it looked like we were in sight of the promised land the various boards refused to put their hands in their pockets or would not accept offers to sell the club to investors who were prepared to put some money into the club to go for the final push and buy the necessary players to enable us to make a serious challenge.
I understand all that but why the vitriol and mocking of the fans (You call them Avivas I think) who go and support their club week in and week out. They have nothing wrong except they love the club despite its faults. You on the other hand sit on your fat ass in Cyprus decrying their support and telling people if only they listened to you and Greenskin who has been trying to educate Pasoti for years……..oh the bullshit is nauseating.

I have explained myself above. Please read and try to understand before one of us dies lol!
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:57 am

[quote="Tringreen"]
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

steady on old boy,ive looked at pp post,these people can say they want to invest but they dont?talk is cheap tring,show me the money!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,and stop swearing its rude,go and have a sim or sumit or nofin,,and tring when i lived in andulucia i managed to get to most home games,try flying in the middle of the night,its cheap as chips,,,pah plastics,,,,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm

lol! Bye !
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:13 pm

[quote="tcm"]
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

steady on old boy,ive looked at pp post,these people can say they want to invest but they dont?talk is cheap tring,show me the money!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,and stop swearing its rude,go and have a sim or sumit or nofin,,and tring when i lived in andulucia i managed to get to most home games,try flying in the middle of the night,its cheap as chips,,,pah plastics,,,,

I can only assume you were in Andalucia, or looking the other way, when all the consortium debate was going on 3 years ago, all the investors were eventually named on Pasoti as was some of the correspondence between them and the club. In was a big deal at the time, how come you missed it all Mike?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:23 pm

short term memory issuses tring,,its a totnes thing,,ive been back here for sixyears now,but if as pp says they 10 mil to chuck at it they might still want to?so in the interest of debate who were they?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I have explained myself above. Please read and try to understand before one of us dies lol!

Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now Fletcher backs Brent   Now Fletcher backs Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

Now Fletcher backs Brent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next