Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
Freathy
Tringreen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:26 am

Anyone want to talk football for a while? I know the pasoti meltdown is fascinating, as well as hugely entertaining, but we do have a game today. We win, we're safe. Swindon win, they're up. Ooh, it's a biggie.

Anyone for a 3-2 win, last minute winner after being hauled back from 2-0 up? Or am I just having one of my Marino Keith-based flashbacks? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 am

I've never been to the County Ground since that young lad died all those years ago. At the time I was having a pint in a pub just a few hundred yards down the road so this fixture is always remembered with a hint of sadness.

Anyway, for the first time this season I feel a win for us today now that the pressure is starting to ease off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 am

GOB wrote:
I've never been to the County Ground since that young lad died all those years ago. At the time I was having a pint in a pub just a few hundred yards down the road so this fixture is always remembered with a hint of sadness.

Anyway, for the first time this season I feel a win for us today now that the pressure is starting to ease off!

I was there that day as well. Wasn't much older than him myself.

Was also there for the 3-2, first and last game with no alcohol whatsoever! Not quite the same atmosphere when you take 2 young children with you. Most exciting last 5 minutes of a game I've been to. Same again today would do nicely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 am

Andy, I think you are having a flshback!!

Reckon the best we'll get will be a draw, but that'll be good enough.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 am

Can't see Swindon bottling this in front of their own fans......... 3 - 1 them.

Howidaluv DiCanio atta Da HomePark.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:24 am

Tringreen wrote:

Our fans don't want DiCanio. They'd much rather be bottom under fletch becuase he bleeds green.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:35 am

Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Our fans don't want DiCanio. They'd much rather be bottom under fletch becuase he bleeds green.

Errrrrm y'know lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:47 am

I was at the 3-2 (marino last minute goal game) too. Fallon scored both Swindon's goal that day!

Swindon are a very good side, with players too good for this division. I'd be happy with a draw and a Macclesfield defeat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:54 am

I would love a draw, but Swindon are a good side and we won't be able to not lose against them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 am

I have seen a couple of 3-2 wins at the county ground over the years.Last visit was the midweek game last season when BWP scored with a header in the last minute for a 3-2 victory.Previous to that I was there in 1965 when again we won 3-2 against a side containing great Swindon legends such as Don Rodgers,Ernie Hunt,Roger Smart, Bobby Woodruff.Today Swindon may just have a bit too much in the locker for us to contend with.So 3-1 to the Robins.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:53 am

It will surely be a backs to the wall performance...but...that's about the only thing we're good at so who knows. I'd be very disappointed if we got hammered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:59 am

Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

This fan doesn't want di Canio because he's a self-proclaimed Fascist. It's bad enough that Salsa Verde indulged in the racist chanting earlier this season (with it being tacitly condoned by pasoti) without us employing a Manager whose political views make the Salsa knuckledraggers look like a bunch of bleeding-heart liberals.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

This fan doesn't want di Canio because he's a self-proclaimed Fascist. It's bad enough that Salsa Verde indulged in the racist chanting earlier this season (with it being tacitly condoned by pasoti) without us employing a Manager whose political views make the Salsa knuckledraggers look like a bunch of bleeding-heart liberals.

Is he What a Face ? He does makeame laugh though !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:36 pm

He's been in trouble for giving the fascist salute at Roma games, but he's quite open about it and insists there's nothing wrong with it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Di Canio has told his team to concentrate and forget about celebrating promotion as we won't be pushovers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still makes me laugh after all this time. Ref should've been booked for diving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

So??...who gives a f*ck?!!

The bloke oozes charisma, character and quality football. Unlike "dull as dishwater"

Id have him down here in a nano second
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Greenjock wrote:
He's been in trouble for giving the fascist salute at Roma games, but he's quite open about it and insists there's nothing wrong with it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is nothing wrong with it, its an old roman salute i believe, hardly surprising given that he is an italian Rolling Eyes
Anyway lets not bring politics into football ....like they do on Pasoti
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Team news Cole in, Chadwick out of squad, Young in, Daley come back on sub bench

Argyle (4-4-2): 23 Jake Cole; 2 Durrell Berry, 5 Darren Purse, 22 Maxime Blanchard, 3 Robbie Williams; 15 Luke Young, 8 Simon Walton (capt), 19 Paul Wotton, 14 Onismor Bhasera; 32 Alex MacDonald, 11 Warren Feeney.

Substitutes: 1 Romain Larrieu, 7 Luke Daley, 10 Steve Fletcher, 20 Conor Hourihane, 31 Ashley Hemmings.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm all aboard the train on my way. Should get there with a minute to spare before ko. excuse typos, on mobile Cool
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Late change to the Swindon line-up. The wife of one of their centre backs has just gone into labour and he's left the ground.

Quote :
Swindon Town (4-4-2): 35 Wes Foderingham; 5 Joe Devera, 4 Aden Flint, 12 Alan McCormick(capt), 2 James McEveley; 23 Raffaele De Vita, 8 Simon Ferry, 13 Oliver Risser, 22 Lee Holmes; 9 Paul Benson, 34 Ronan Murray.

Substitutes: 7 Paul Caddis, 15 Nathan Thompson, 17 Alan Connell, 19 Luke Rooney, 24 Jonathan Smith.

*Late change for Swindon. Paul Caddis replaces Alan McCormick in the starting line-up. Replacement sub not yet named
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Team news Cole in, Chadwick out of squad, Young in, Daley come back on sub bench

Argyle (4-4-2): 23 Jake Cole; 2 Durrell Berry, 5 Darren Purse, 22 Maxime Blanchard, 3 Robbie Williams; 15 Luke Young, 8 Simon Walton (capt), 19 Paul Wotton, 14 Onismor Bhasera; 32 Alex MacDonald, 11 Warren Feeney.

Substitutes: 1 Romain Larrieu, 7 Luke Daley, 10 Steve Fletcher, 20 Conor Hourihane, 31 Ashley Hemmings.

Glad Chadwick's not playing. Sounded likes he's been a bit tired lately, bless him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Chadwick is shizen.

The new boy effect has worn off and now he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Started well enough. can't make chat work properly on me phone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Sounds like we are getting battered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Swindon have 82 per cent posession compared to our 18.......OUCH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread   Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Join Richard Blight on the Magic Roundabout - The Swindon Match Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next