Chemical Ali
Sir Francis Drake
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Should Fletcher be sacked? Empty
PostSubject: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 pm

I lean towards a "no" on that one but it does depend on whether he keeps us up or not. When he was appointed he would have been told to keep us up. If he achieves that then he has met his target and in most jobs meeting a target gets a bonus rather than the sack. So if we avoid relegation he should remain manager.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 pm

I would like him to be replaced, but if we stay up I think he will stay on. Brent ought to take advantage and offer CF reduced wages though (if CF is out of contract?).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Brent has said that the position will be reviewed at the end of the season, therefore obviously no decision will be made before then and its to late anyway.

If we go down, which I dont think we will, Fletcher has to go.

If we stay up, then I might be interested to see what fletcher can do with a decent team, on level points with everybody else and maybe with a bit of money to spend seen as some of the lumps (walton) will be off the wage bill.

It's been better recently, unbeaten in 4, and only conceeded 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Get rid at the end of the season.

He is tactically inept. He is reported as being arrogant, doesn't listen to Deehan's advice and signed that static lump up front Fletcher instead of a list of apparently 10 other targets.

On the plus side, he's relatively cheap at a reported £5k a week. Once his contract is up at the end of the season, he will no doubt be looking to extend it on an enhanced pay scale. Personally, I would rather get rid and get in a manager (Conference perhaps) who knows how to get the best out of the squad and can read a game. In fact I would like to see, and expect to see, the expensive players dumped - Walton for sure.

Then again, someone will be along in a moment to say that if he had the squad he has now from the start of the season we would be in the playoffs or something. Certainly the performances on the pitch have improved, whether that is down to him......I'm not convinced.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:39 pm

I did not copy this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:40 pm

If he had the squad he has now from the start of the season we would be in the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:41 pm

I did copy that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
If he had the squad he has now from the start of the season we would be in the play-offs.

I agree, and I think the form table suggests we should be top half since christmas or something similair.

We have a good team
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Just let his contract expire and seek a replacement. We have improved despite Fletcher not because of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Get rid at end of season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Never. Far too negative and is out thought by experienced managers every time. We have been scraping points God knows how sometimes. It's heart attack time every game with him in charge.

If we are a play off team with this squad, why have we not pulled clear of the bottom two ling ago? His tactics are lump it up front even when our strikers are small.

If he is in charge next season, I would bet we are no better than mid table halfway through and probably too late to sack him and make a push for promotion. If Brent breaks the bank to recruit some decent players then it might be different, but I don't see Brent doing that.

There is little between leagues 1 and 2 and a decent manager with this squad could get us promoted easily, and with a couple of additions even challenge in league 1.

He won't ever play again, and I don't believe Brent will ne fending off loads of clubs trying to poach him. He's been skipper of two successive relegations and manager of a possible third.

Sorry but not for me. We need to be ruthless but if we stay up he will keep his job and be hailed as Brian clough. Then when it's too late next season it will become apparent that under him we're going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

It will be the first real opportunity for a fresh start and the manager is the key. A man that can make the team more than the sum of it's parts will be our only chance of progress and success over the next few years.

Time to say "thanks but no thanks" at the end of the season. There would be no end of ambitious young managers applying.

I guess it all depends on what Brent's advisors advise him Sad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Should have been sacked months ago! There's obviously no chance he will be sacked before the end of the season now, but as I understand it his contract is up in May so he should be let go then regardless of whether we're still a league club or not.

FLETCHER OUT!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Charlie and Freathy both talk sense.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Greenjock said

"If we are a play off team with this squad, why have we not pulled clear of the bottom two long ago?..."

I agree. I don't understand where this play-off team comes from.

If he stays, then give him 2 months max. If the same crap then he has to go. I'm sure there are some good young managers/old sweats looking for a re-entry into football and another chance who'd love to manage such a "big team" (not anymore I'm afraid).

Reality - big team we ain't. We will need investment in the team as the high earners/better players/loanees leave for pastures new. Not holding my breath for any big improvement next season, if we stay up this time. It ain't over yet, just look at the Daggers recent improvement in form, but a win on Friday will be great.

Merv Plummer

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Like it or not, he's here 'til the end of the season. Given the head-start every other team had over us, it's actually no mean feat if we do stay up; however, like others I think a lot of that is despite Carl, not because of him. We've also been helped by just how buttock-clenchingly piss poor various other teams have been.

Fletch is unlikely to play again - he's had the best part of a year out, and at this stage of his (playing) career a comeback looks unlikely; so, it's management or nothing. I suppose there's the usual argument that could be trotted out - give him the chance to sign his own men and have a full pre-season with them etc, etc. but somehow I just don't see that as changing things. The tactics have been too negative and inflexibleand there clearly seems to be a problem with physical fitness, with some of the squad at least; a situation that should be unthinkable at this stage of the season.

He proved himself a real players' leader during Administration, and in my experience is actually quite a quiet, unassuming guy - I'm struggling to see where the 'arrogant' label might have come from; however, the leadership he displayed under Reid's management hasn't really been carried forward now he's the gaffer. If we're to challenge for promotion any time soon we're going to need a Manager who's done it at this level, knows how to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and will get the squad to peak fitness and keep them at that level. So, in answer to the OP, i'd like to see him replaced in the summer. Surely someone at the club must still have Luggy's phone number?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 pm

As an aside, I see Luggy's house now has SOLD on the agents board on the Parkway.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:26 pm

No need to sack him as his contract is up at the end of June.Get rid of him asap , never have i seen a worse attempt at management , he has not got a clue.He was very negative as a player and even more so as a manager.Survival is just not good enough and that is all we can epect with this clown in charge.His whole time here has been an absolute disaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks but no thanks whatever the outcome. Far better managers out there on far less money (if the 5k a week is true)
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:26 pm

He's met his target. 12 months guaranteed, please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
He's met his target. 12 months guaranteed, please.

No thanks. He has done absolutely nothing to suggest things would be any different next season. He has a reasonable squad of players now (Walton excepted) but we are still hanging on by the skin of our teeth. An ideal time in the summer to get a proper manager in & maybe save quite a bit on his wages too.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:03 pm

His contract should just be left to run its course. He should then be thanked for captaining us to two relegations, and managing us to one glorious 88th/89th/90th place.

What's the going rate for a fourth division manager? I'd bet a good number are only in the 60-90k bracket. A proven manager with a track record could be secured for less than half the 250k Fletchers getting paid at the moment.

In reality, he'll be here next year and more tactically inept, dull, uninspiring and unimaginative performances dripping in mundanity, will be the order of the day. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm

12 Month rolling contract on substantially decreased terms.
Kevin Hodges tenure springs to mind.
Cant see him getting Argyle up or attracting the kind of personnel required for the job.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Get rid! Now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Let's face it, we are now safe - in all but actual fact, if you know what I mean.

We need to be talking a SERIOUS reduction in wages or he needs to be shipped out with the the other 'payday' donkeys (Walton, Wotton, Purse(?) Steve Fletcher) and then on only on a rolling three month contract at best. Look at Tisdale, bomb proof at Exeter, rolling two year contract. love to get rid, can't afford to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Fletcher be sacked?   Should Fletcher be sacked? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Fletcher be sacked?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next