Warny
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
GreenSam
david_fisher
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Someone else who should be sacked.. Empty
PostSubject: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am

Is the head scout at Argyle who apparently advises us on opposition tactics. Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I shamelessly stole the thread from pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am

never heard of him
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 pm

As we seem to totally fail to outwit the opposition's tactics you have to ask if this guy is doing much of a job?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:30 pm

The work of a chief scout is only as effective as the decision of a manager to implement it no? I agree Fletcher should go, Larrieu as his number 2 too but aren't we in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater if we adapt a "sack the lot of them" approach just because the team's doing badly? Some of them (Nance with his youth coaching, this chap for example) may have something to offer under a better regime.

I think there are plenty of things about PAFC that are worthy of criticism right now-employing an ambitious 23 year old I don't think is one of them. All of the best football staff who didn't play the game started at a very young age.

Last edited by GreenSam on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:30 pm

he is 23 according football manager. jesus tap dancing christ we really are amateur.

Can't wait for his mural

sorry he is 21 not 23

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 pm

GreenSam wrote:
The work of a chief scout is only as effective as the decision of a manager to implement it no? I agree Fletcher should go, Larrieu as his number 2 too but aren't we in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater if we adapt a "sack the lot of them" approach just because the team's doing badly? Some of them (Nance with his youth coaching, this chap for example) may have something to offer under a better regime.

Nance is the only qualified coach here so he will be kept on in some form under a new manager and coaching set up.

The chief scout guy is probably just older than you are and i seriously doubt he is a AVB in waiting no way should he be a cheif scout with no prior background other than 6 months at burnley watch the games on pro zone. We should have someone with (again) experience, knowledge and importantly contacts in the game.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Nance is the only qualified coach here so he will be kept on in some form under a new manager and coaching set up.

The chief scout guy is probably just older than you are and i seriously doubt he is a AVB in waiting no way should he be a cheif scout with no prior background other than 6 months at burnley watch the games on pro zone. We should have someone with (again) experience, knowledge and importantly contacts in the game.
I get your point entirely that the whole set-up is lacking in experience, and I doubt the guy will ever go on to manage 2 Premier League sides no. Of course more contacts would help but I'm pretty sure (in fact I know) that's it is becoming more and more commonplace for non-footballers who haven't played to advance in the game and become considered for positions and seriously as ex-pros. And that's definitely a good thing- AVB, Jose M and on a lesser scale Karl Robinson show that it's not entirely necessary. I'm not saying he's as good as them, but maybe he was the best option for us compared to some washed up 50-something who's been around the block who isn't as ambitious and as "get up and go" as this guy.

The fact that Burnley, Notts County and Scout 7 (which so it says involves analysis and match assessments) is enough in itself to show it isn't just an "Argyle on the cheap" thing. Take my word for it too, or if not then just browse through his Linkedin contacts. It's happening all over. I stand by what I said, there's a lot wrong with Argyle at the moment but I don't think this is one. Ok, maybe we should have more experience to compliment inexperience I can't argue with that but that's true all over the club. It doesn't mean he should be written off as having any value to us (and that's aimed at the thread title, not you AoM).
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:19 pm

The guy is inexperienced, young, cheap and went to an 11-16yrs comp in Birmingham.

Ideal as one of Brent's advisors lol !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Unbelievable lol! .. it's pantomime season.

I'm thinking of applying to be the Givernor of the Bank of England, or maybe heading up Citigroup's global real estate outfit... I can't do any worse than the recent encumbents, and the world's there for the taking if you get an introduction, or at least that's what my dad says. Then I think I'll buy myself a football club. My bros think I'm mad, but I'll show 'em.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm

It just goes with the joke set up at the club.

I think Fletch has given two interviews recently stating that there is someone employed to look at opposition players' twitter accounts to gleam tactical info. What a complete waste of time and effort. Get rid of these f'witts and employ a decent scout (or combine with a coaching role a la Penrice under Ollie).

I wonder if opposition coaches monitor PCH's twitter Laughing
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Who's the dude that scours twitter for information about the opposition? Because it's working a real treat...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

I get your point entirely that the whole set-up is lacking in experience, and I doubt the guy will ever go on to manage 2 Premier League sides no. Of course more contacts would help but I'm pretty sure (in fact I know) that's it is becoming more and more commonplace for non-footballers who haven't played to advance in the game and become considered for positions and seriously as ex-pros. And that's definitely a good thing- AVB, Jose M and on a lesser scale Karl Robinson show that it's not entirely necessary. I'm not saying he's as good as them, but maybe he was the best option for us compared to some washed up 50-something who's been around the block who isn't as ambitious and as "get up and go" as this guy.

The fact that Burnley, Notts County and Scout 7 (which so it says involves analysis and match assessments) is enough in itself to show it isn't just an "Argyle on the cheap" thing. Take my word for it too, or if not then just browse through his Linkedin contacts. It's happening all over. I stand by what I said, there's a lot wrong with Argyle at the moment but I don't think this is one. Ok, maybe we should have more experience to compliment inexperience I can't argue with that but that's true all over the club. It doesn't mean he should be written off as having any value to us (and that's aimed at the thread title, not you AoM).
/

you put up a good case however i dont think a 21 year old is capable of being knowledgeable to be able to be advising an young manager on how a team plays and such. As a chief Scout as i already mentioned what we need in that role so i wont repeat it but thats what we need atm with carl fletcher. If we had a more experienced manager it wont bother me so much or others.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm

So it looks like he left Burnley in January. Where was he between then and July when he signed for us.

And I do wish he could be bothered to use the shift key for his 'i's (especially as he states in his last paragraph how he is praised for his attention to detail).

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 pm

This guy may only be 23 but JB wanted someone even younger.

So he could get in for half price!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 pm

He's on twitter too-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

According to Matt Neil on pasoti Taylor's dad is also a chief scout- the Eddie Howe link continues, as Des Taylor is the Chief Scout at Bournemouth-

Des Taylor

Talor senior left Bournemouth for Burnley at the end of 2011 season (I'm not sure if he's returned with Howe).
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 pm

If you're good at your job, age should be irrelevant
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 am

forget stats, youve got to watch the games. running off the ball how teams line up at corners, position the opposition midfield takes up when defending/attacking. Does LB or RB join the attack? do they push up too far?

can the keeper catch? will he parry long range efforts of go for safety first.

is the LB or RB slow? whats their speed compared to you own LW RW?

He sounds up himself so i dare say he'd fit in well at HP.

Clueless & Doomed FC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone else who should be sacked..   Someone else who should be sacked.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone else who should be sacked..
Page 1 of 1