Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Argyle v Swansea

Go down 
+5
RegGreen
Freathy
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Graiser
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 5:53 pm

Another set of fans that think they’re entitled, hope we stuff them and I think we will
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 6:09 pm

Graiser wrote:
Another set of fans that think they’re entitled, hope we stuff them and I think we will

Not my experience of Swansea fans at all, humble and down to earth compared to their main rivals Cardiff and not in the same hemisphere as the likes of Sheff Wed when it comes to arrogance. Think they'll play us off the park like they did to millwall last week. 1 - 3
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 6:31 pm

Fully expecting torture by Swan and a humbling 0-4 scoreline. Hallett and Parkinson run on the pitch with 10 minutes to go brandishing a huge "Schuey out" banner. Grim day at the theatre of greens.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7051
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 7:21 pm

Gibson still out  Rolling Eyes

Think they'll torment us.  Zero points from two home games on the bounce.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 7:46 pm

Nothing like being positive!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5897
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 7:24 am

With gotta start winning our home games if with got any chance trying to stay in this league got stop throwing away points at home and cut out the simple errors & make the most of possession and be more clinical when chances do come simple as that ..it’s not rocket science now buck up your ideas
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 10:49 am

Could be a Norwich type game where Argyle rip Swansea to shreds and win in a comfortable manner. On the other hand, it could be a dire afternoon which could see Argyle possibly drop into the bottom four ?.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7051
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 11:22 am

We pretty much knew we were going to be battling at the wrong end of the table this season.  Although if we're lucky with injuries I still think we'll have just about enough to finish around 19th/20th.  Today will be one of those days where we're just undone by better players.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5897
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 3:20 pm

Yessssssss 1-0 cundle 17th min looked a bit of offside from hardie but couldn’t give a F#%K 1-0 it is lol
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14826
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 3:35 pm

COYG!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5897
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 4:27 pm

Bollox
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 5:12 pm

Terrible result today-these are the sort of games we need to be winning.

Players and management need to realise we are in a relegation battle and need to start getting some results-if that means winning ugly then so be it.

I just hope there's an experienced/battle hardened player who's out of contract and waiting for a call from a side that needs a bit more nous on the field. Doesn't have to be a great player just someone who can help us hold onto a lead and stop us giving/throwing games away.

I think Shue-e could be a great manager, he just needs to accept that sometimes a few games in Pulis mode is needed to steady the ship.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7051
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 5:57 pm

We are the team to play against now.  Guaranteed three points against Argyle, especially at fortress Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 6:14 pm

Rank bad defending for their equaliser, need to change it up front, we’re getting to predictable with Hardie up front, give Waine and or Bundhu a start
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 6:35 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Think they'll play us off the park like they did to millwall last week. 1 - 3


Tbf I thought we played some decent stuff 1st half but lacked clinical finishing again throughout the game. 12 corners for argyle and not one chance created, what is the point of our set pieces?
Their 2nd goal could've been closed down a lot quicker to prevent the shot and hazard should've probably done better for the 3rd. After a well earned point last saturday the promise of pointage from 2 home games in 4 days has been squandered, must do better argo.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 7:01 pm

what the hell was that!!!!!

first half we played well looked in control dealt with Swansea's attacks well and come the second half we seemed to revert to the old days of when del bhey was manager and tried to defend a 1-0 lead at home by parking the bus and hitting swansea on the break only for them to hit us on the break and score 3 goals including one from a sub with his first touch of the ball.  I was baffled as to why schuey took cundle off as he was playing well and when we where chasing a winner at 1-1 he takes hardie off aswell which again was not a move i agreed with. If anyone should have been subbed i would have said Whittaker as he wasnt at the races for much of this game.

as soon as it appeared schuey was changing the formation to the 4-3-3 i said we wont be winning or even drawing this to the people sat next to me and boy was i right. i dont like being right where argyle  are concerned except if i predicted in the predictions thread which i am routed to the bottom at the moment but seriously this formation does not work and its one thing to say he spoke to the spurs manager about it it works for them cause they have the players to play it we dont its that simple. If schuey wants to use it he needs to start moving some players on in january and find some players who can play in those roles to make it work... Personally i would start by signing a defender and a striker like he should have back in august bundu isnt going to be the kind of striker we need up front and waine isnt going to be either and we are lending on hardie too much.

we got another international break now scheuy and his coaching team have a lot of work to do with the players that will be here. I am going to change my mind on cooper's fitness and readiness to come back into first team action after his ACL tear even if he has one leg he should be brought back now as Hazards throwing and kicking are shit and when he has the ball at his feet its terrifying and dodgy which ruins his excellent shot stopping abilities.

as a side note can the guys in blocks 3-4 come up with a better chat for whittaker as the one they are using is crap.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 7:29 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Terrible result today-these are the sort of games we need to be winning.

Players and management need to realise we are in a relegation battle and need to start getting some results-if that means winning ugly then so be it.

I just hope there's an experienced/battle hardened player who's out of contract and waiting for a call from a side that needs a bit more nous on the field. Doesn't have to be a great player just someone who can help us hold onto a lead and stop us giving/throwing games away.

I think Shue-e could be a great manager, he just needs to accept that sometimes a few games in Pulis mode is needed to steady the ship.  

Funnily enough i was thinking on the way home about people like Blackstock,Buzz and Dodd being signed by Bobby to keep us up and in the following season Pulis signing Nalis, Ward and Jarrett. Don't think those stupid fecking transfer windows were in operation back then though-as you say, it'll have to be a non contract player.

The small but, when combined, massive differences between the division below and this one have been cruelly emphasised in the last couple of games. Good first half from Argyle today but it's really frustrating when so many good positions are carved out and let down by a poor final pass or wrong decision. It would be over the top to say that Argyle should have been out of sight by half time but having established a lead then some of those situations needed to be capitalised on because Swansea were certainly never out of it and there was always a nagging feeling that they may be worth a goal or two and so it proved. Very disappointing day and WBA promises to be no easier-looks more and more a question of garnering enough points from games against the lesser lights to stay afloat until January and then possibly some wheeling and dealing involving players who are making no impact moving to pastures new.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7051
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 8:49 am

With the rewards of being in the Championship next season, it's beginning to feel like just staying up by 1 point or even goal difference would feel like being promoted again.  Hallett has to bite the bullet and release very significant funds to strengthen in January to give us a fighting chance.  No doubt all our relegation rivals will be splashing.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 9:26 am

Freathy wrote:
With the rewards of being in the Championship next season, it's beginning to feel like just staying up by 1 point or even goal difference would feel like being promoted again.  Hallett has to bite the bullet and release very significant funds to strengthen in January to give us a fighting chance.  No doubt all our relegation rivals will be splashing.

staying up is the only objective this season anything else after that is a very nice and welcome bonus. Atm the we are boarderline whether come may we will achieve that and i agree Hallet is going to have to bite the bullet with one or two signings to ensure we are in a position to be planning for championship football next season again.

Schuey is also going to have to bite the bullet with a few of his squad and look to move them on as they are not championship level and replace them also.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 1:02 pm

I fancied Argyle for a draw yesterday, however, it was very much heart ruling the head stuff given the  incredible turnaround job Duff has performed with Swansea since the last international break, 13 points from the last 15 on offer can’t be overlooked, not only that if there is a gaffer in the Championship who has the mark on Argyle it’s him given his performances last season with a very good Barnsley outfit who let’s not forget took it to Schuey 3 0 at Oakwell and only lost out by the odd goal on his last visit to the Fortress.
There’s no doubt Duff did his homework having made the trip in person to HP for the Millwall game.
Where as he must be devastated at the timing of this International break given the form of the Swans SS must be relieved, it’s time to freshen things up, analyse where it’s gone wrong and possibly look at the inclusion of Cooper and utilising the big fella Bundu from henceforth.
West Brom away, the possibility of a new gaffer bounce with Sheffield Weds and a trip to a flying and impressive Ipswich is a tough October restart, IMO if Argyle can manage to scramble 4 points from that lot it would be an excellent return and set themselves up heading towards a long November/December run of games.
Looking at the table as it stands I fancy a 19th / 20th / 21st  finish with Sheffield Wed, QPR, Rotherham and Huddersfield as the outstanding “6” pointers of the season.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 1:29 pm

First half Argyle were OK, fell apart after that.

Slipping down the table now and getting among the not so good sides.

Relegation dogfight here we come ?


Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 1:30 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
I fancied Argyle for a draw yesterday, however, it was very much heart ruling the head stuff given the  incredible turnaround job Duff has performed with Swansea since the last international break, 13 points from the last 15 on offer can’t be overlooked, not only that if there is a gaffer in the Championship who has the mark on Argyle it’s him given his performances last season with a very good Barnsley outfit who let’s not forget took it to Schuey 3 0 at Oakwell and only lost out by the odd goal on his last visit to the Fortress.
There’s no doubt Duff did his homework having made the trip in person to HP for the Millwall game.
Where as he must be devastated at the timing of this International break given the form of the Swans SS must be relieved, it’s time to freshen things up, analyse where it’s gone wrong and possibly look at the inclusion of Cooper and utilising the big fella Bundu from henceforth.
West Brom away, the possibility of a new gaffer bounce with Sheffield Weds and a trip to a flying and impressive Ipswich is a tough October restart, IMO if Argyle can manage to scramble 4 points from that lot it would be an excellent return and set themselves up heading towards a long November/December run of games.
Looking at the table as it stands I fancy a 19th / 20th / 21st  finish with Sheffield Wed, QPR, Rotherham and Huddersfield as the outstanding “6” pointers of the season.


I predicted 21st, still sticking with that.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14826
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyTue Oct 10, 2023 7:32 pm

Arch has left the building after a short return to posting.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyWed Oct 11, 2023 6:42 am

He seemed like such a nice boy too.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  EmptyWed Oct 11, 2023 8:48 am

seadog wrote:
Arch has left the building after a short return to posting.

A grave situation, obviously couldn't cope with the good, the bad and the ugly posters on ATD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Argyle v Swansea  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Swansea    Argyle v Swansea  Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Argyle v Swansea
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Free on Argyle TV | Argyle vs Swansea City
» Argyle v Swansea
» Swansea FC v Plymouth Argyle
» James Brent on Argyle v Swansea/Norwich
» Swansea FC game on TV

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: