Dane
Angry
Tgwu
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 4:04 pm

Mike Cooper has made a successful return to full training with Plymouth Argyle this week in a huge boost for him and everyone at Home Park.

The highly-rated 23-year-old goalkeeper has not played a game since he suffered a serious knee injury in the away League One game against Sheffield Wednesday in early February, when he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 5:56 pm

Still no way he will play any earlier than christmas as no one recovers from those kind of injuries that quick unless they are being rushed back which will shorten his career if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 6:04 pm

Will be a month to 6 weeks before he’s ready to play games. Wouldn’t be surprised if argyle don’t arrange a few behind closed door games for him too. Need him asap
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 7:39 pm

Dane wrote:
Will be a month to 6 weeks before he’s ready to play games.  Wouldn’t be surprised if argyle don’t arrange a few behind closed door games for him too.   Need him asap

it will be longer than that again you dont just recover from those injuries like that, Last thing he should want to do is rush back cause the club and some fans are leaning on him too its his career that will be at risk if he does. End of November is possible but i still think christmas time.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 8:22 pm

I think he’s off in January anyway. So we may have to get used to flappy hazard
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 10:42 pm

Dane wrote:
I think he’s off in January anyway.  So we may have to get used to flappy hazard

i cant see that dane tbh, it would be huge gamble for any club to go in for him so soon after that injury especially if he hasnt found his feet by that time if hes back playing. He's definitely going to be off come the summer as there is no way we would have signed Hazard on a perm now instead of a loan.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 12:24 am

Hopefully you’re correct.however I’ve been told different. Hopefully it’s bollox
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 8:40 am

Dane wrote:
I think he’s off in January anyway.  So we may have to get used to flappy hazard
With known from day one that they have groomed him for a big money move wrapping him up in cotton wool in the early days but while dropping so called hints how good he was to to local media and anybody else who listern ..with out doubt if he didn’t do his ACL They would have got the big ££££ move they have wanted all a long and they still will but it’s just been delayed a year till the summer that’s why they need him back playing hopefully when he does his improved at corners   ..ie catching & punching instead of rooted on his goal line and let’s not forget his kicking & ball distribution is a not a lot to be desired either
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 10:29 am

RegGreen wrote:
Dane wrote:
With known from day one that they have groomed him for a big money move wrapping him up in cotton wool in the early days but while dropping so called hints how good he was to to local media and anybody else who listern ..with out doubt if he didn’t do his ACL They would have got the big ££££ move they have wanted all a long and they still will but it’s just been delayed a year till the summer that’s why they need him back playing hopefully when he does his improved at corners   ..ie catching & punching instead of rooted on his goal line and let’s not forget his kicking & ball distribution is a not a lot to be desired either

ACL's are not easy to recover and take time i cant stress that enough to those calling for him to return now but if Mike can return to the sort of form he showed before he got injured as hes going to have to redesign and rebuild his whole approach to the game to compensate the knee then i think clubs will definitely be back in for him come the summer.
I think January would be too soon and too much off a huge gamble for any club to spend the money we want them too on a player who has just had an ACL tear when there will always be a doubt come the medicals if he will be the player they hoped and paid for its the sort of thing this club has done many times and got stung everytime when we signed players who just had serious knee injuries.

i do agree he does need to improve on corners and distribution there again so could Hazard and Burton for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 12:17 pm

I think coopers distribution is very good, especially his throwing, he's also a very good shot stopper and at coming out/making himself big in 1 on 1 situations. Where he definitely needs work is on crosses into the box. I'd be disappointed if he left but if the money was right(2 mill +) then I could live with it, I think Hazard has the potential to be a decent championship keeper if his kicking improves.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 12:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I think coopers distribution is very good, especially his throwing, he's also a very good shot stopper and at coming out/making himself big in 1 on 1 situations. Where he definitely needs work is on crosses into the box. I'd be disappointed if he left but if the money was right(2 mill +) then I could live with it, I think Hazard has the potential to be a decent championship keeper if his kicking improves.

I’m on the fence with Hazard at the minute. He made a superb point blank save on Saturday, but should have dealt with the cross for their first goal, instead of ending up parrying it straight to their player. He doesn’t fill me with confidence but will be ok as No.2 once Cooper is match fit, which shouldn’t be more than a few weeks away as keepers don’t need the same level of stamina training required by the outfield players.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 5:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I’m on the fence with Hazard at the minute. He made a superb point blank save on Saturday, but should have dealt with the cross for their first goal, instead of ending up parrying it straight to their player. He doesn’t fill me with confidence but will be ok as No.2 once Cooper is match fit, which shouldn’t be more than a few weeks away as keepers don’t need the same level of stamina training required by the outfield players.

Jambo pre warned us he was dreadful with crosses and he wasnt wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 6:22 pm

Have I finally got something right?? Surely not?

In fairness to Hazard some of the saves I’ve seen him make have been brilliant but it’s the bread ‘n butter stuff that needs to be solid first of all.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 6:36 pm

Jambo Pasty wrote:
Have I finally got something right?? Surely not?

In fairness to Hazard some of the saves I’ve seen him make have been brilliant but it’s the bread ‘n butter stuff that needs to be solid first of all.  

he is good at shot stopping and has good hands and as you say he has made some very good saves so he isnt a lost cause here atm but his distribution shows he was never used by Celtic, Northern Ireland or the other clubs he's been at as a sweeper keeper where distribution from the keeper both kicking and throwing is vital to how the team starts attacks, he really does need to work on his kicking, throwing and footwork while also learning how to catch a crossed ball.

If he does that perhaps one day that silly sell on clause put in by Celtic may actually come good.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyMon Sep 18, 2023 10:03 pm

He will play for England
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 1:16 pm

Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:
Will be a month to 6 weeks before he’s ready to play games.  Wouldn’t be surprised if argyle don’t arrange a few behind closed door games for him too.   Need him asap

it will be longer than that again you dont just recover from those injuries like that, Last thing he should want to do is rush back cause the club and some fans are leaning on him too its his career that will be at risk if he does. End of November is possible but i still think christmas time.

He's recovered from his injury, he's now back in full training it's now just a question of getting up to full fitness and being match ready.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 5:01 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:

He's recovered from his injury, he's now back in full training it's now just a question of getting up to full fitness and being match ready.

if only it where that simple hes either a medical anomaly to which nfl teams and other sports industries will be wanting him in a lab to do experiements on to find out the secret or he is being or is himself rushing back as no one recovers from acl tears that quick and is full fit and raring to go by now.
Its only been since feb and its now September so thats 7 months and the usual recover time is 9-12 months and thats including building up fitness and rehab..
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 6:15 pm

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:

if only it where that simple hes either a medical anomaly to which nfl teams and other sports industries will be wanting him in a lab to do experiements on to find out the secret or he is being or is himself rushing back as no one recovers from acl tears that quick and is full fit and raring to go by now.
Its only been since feb and its now September so thats 7 months and the usual recover time is 9-12 months and thats including building up fitness and rehab..

Angers, you clearly aren’t up to speed on how medical science has moved on since Paul Gascoigne did his 30 years ago. Plenty of players have been back and playing in 6 months after ACL’s with no issues.

If Cooper is back by end of Oct/beginning of Nov, that’ll be pretty much 9 months.

So there’s really no rush going on with him.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 6:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:

Angers, you clearly aren’t up to speed on how medical science has moved on since Paul Gascoigne did his 30 years ago. Plenty of players have been back and playing in 6 months after ACL’s with no issues.

If Cooper is back by end of Oct/beginning of Nov, that’ll be pretty much 9 months.

plenty of careers have been shortend and ended cause they where rushed back in 6 months. they take time recover even with medical advancements which have quicked up recoveries but they still not 6 months. As for gazza he didnt look after himself and was a fault for his own knee injury and didnt do the rehab even when ordered to by lazio thats why he pretty much was never the same player he was.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 7:15 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:

plenty of careers have been shortend and ended cause they where rushed back in 6 months. they take time recover even with medical advancements which have quicked up recoveries but they still not 6 months. As for gazza he didnt look after himself and was a fault for his own knee injury and didnt do the rehab even when ordered to by lazio thats why he pretty much was never the same player he was.

“An ACL tear recovery time is generally eight to nine months, though some people may recover in six months. Photo: Getty Images. In the not-so-distant past, a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) commonly killed the careers of countless amateur and professional athletes.”

That’s from a Medical Journal, Angers.

Like I said, if he’s back at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov, that will be near on 9 months. So once again, he isn’t being ‘rushed’ by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 7:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:

“An ACL tear recovery time is generally eight to nine months, though some people may recover in six months. Photo: Getty Images. In the not-so-distant past, a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) commonly killed the careers of countless amateur and professional athletes.”

Like I said, if he’s back at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov, that will be near on 9 months. So once again, he isn’t being ‘rushed’ by anyone.

yes cause everyone is the same when it comes to recoveries based on a online journal lol classic.watch the football
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:06 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:

yes cause everyone is the same when it comes to recoveries based on a online journal lol classic.watch the football

I know u can’t let it go Dr Angers, but medical pro’s will know more than you.
Back to top Go down

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyTue Oct 03, 2023 9:43 am

Hazard after something of a shaky start is now proving to be a canny bit of business @ £150k.
His personal stats rank him higher than Argyle’s league position alongside his championship contemporaries.
I don’t believe he loses the jersey once Cooper is considered “match fit” by Schuey, it’ll take an injury or a trouncing.
Given all the talk of cashing in big time on Cooper Argyle have been very clever in the purchase of Hazard.
The GK department is a very strong suit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 2:11 pm

Was talk last night of Cooper targeting the West Brom or Shef Weds game for his return.

For me, a match-fit Cooper means Hazard steps back to the bench, although given the nature of his injury it’s good that Hazard is proving competent, meaning Cooper may be eased in a bit more gently.
Back to top Go down

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 2:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Was talk last night of Cooper targeting the West Brom or Shef Weds game for his return.

For me, a match-fit Cooper means Hazard steps back to the bench, although given the nature of his injury it’s good that Hazard is proving competent, meaning Cooper may be eased in a bit more gently.

The targeting talk of his first team return could well be accurate.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mike Cooper boost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper boost   Mike Cooper boost Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Cooper boost
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next