Freathy
Graiser
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Lovely boys v Huddersfield  Empty
PostSubject: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 1:15 pm

Home win
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 8:18 pm

Shuey 1-1 Colin
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 8:19 pm

Very windy.

1-1

Wright
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 8:28 pm

Home win 2 - 1
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 10:04 pm

As above, need these 3 points on the board, won't be many 'more winnable' home games than this one.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 10:23 pm

Sheff Wed totally ripped apart by Saints tonight. Gulf in class between the two is quite stark to say the least. Gulp.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 10:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
Sheff Wed totally ripped apart by Saints tonight.  Gulf in class between the two is quite stark to say the least.  Gulp.

80% possession! cheers cheers They may have lost a player or two by the time they come to HP though, including Ward Prowse. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 9:25 am

Hoping we can start the season in style with 3points and everybody goes home happy us 3-1
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 10:16 am

here we go Smile

im looking for a confident performance today huddersfield will be well drilled and up for this game so we will have to get rid of the nerves early on.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 11:13 am

Looking forward to this season, missed the footie and even Freathys predictions!

Perhaps I went to far there !
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 5:17 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Hoping we can start the season in style with 3points and everybody goes home happy us 3-1
everyone happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 5:22 pm

Bleddy great start, geddon boys
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 5:33 pm

Game looked to be petering out until 2 moments of brilliance late on from mumba and hardie(courtesy of a great through ball by not sure who?). Not ideal conditions but impressed with a couple performances, kessler hayden looks a bit of a find. Could be a precious 3 points even at this very early stage of the campaign.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 5:54 pm

Great win, fantastic start for the bheys cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 5:59 pm

Great start to the season. Well done Argyle!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:08 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Game looked to be petering out until 2 moments of brilliance late on from mumba and hardie(courtesy of a great through ball by not sure who?). Not ideal conditions but impressed with a couple performances, kessler hayden looks a bit of a find. Could be a precious 3 points even at this very early stage of the campaign.
yeah impressed with that Kessler Hayden yeah could be a bit of find plus reminded me of a bit like mumba was last season very similar
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:14 pm

Couldn't ask for a better start than that. We started well, they pegged us back and then we scored 2 great goals second half - just like last season.

Moments of quality from Mumba, Whittaker and Hardie won us the game. There will be harder tests ahead but our pace and movement up front will cause teams problems.

Defensively we looked ok, very impressed with Kessler-Hayden.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:18 pm

great start to the season and some class goals to-boot. Ithink we will be seeing Mumba's goal for a while yet great skill.

I wouldnt say this is the best we've played today as there were times we where under the kosh and its clear to me we need another defender for a number of reasons but if Edwards is having to play there as we dont have anyone else fit thats not good imo. There were a number of times we made errors that could have cost us dear but thankfully huddersfield never took them up. The two quick goals where a real piece of class from us in a game that could have slipped through our hands or ended up a draw. I do like the look of Kesler-Hayden he and Mumba on the wing backs will be lethal i feel all going well. Cant say i was overly impressed with Hazzard tbh but nothing worth ranting about im sure he will get better for me.

overall great win great 3 points great attendance not so great stewards again and for once great service in the kiosks as reasons unknown to me the food n drink where free

on to the next.

does anyone kow why the food and drink from the kiosks where free today?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:24 pm

Angry wrote:
great start to the season and some class goals to-boot. Ithink we will be seeing Mumba's goal for a while yet great skill.

I wouldnt say this is the best we've played today as there were times we where under the kosh and its clear to me we need another defender for a number of reasons but if Edwards is having to play there as we dont have anyone else fit thats not good imo. There were a number of times we made errors that could have cost us dear but thankfully huddersfield never took them up. The two quick goals where a real piece of class from us in a game that could have slipped through our hands or ended up a draw. I do like the look of Kesler-Hayden he and Mumba on the wing backs will be lethal i feel all going well. Cant say i was overly impressed with Hazzard tbh but nothing worth ranting about im sure he will get better for me.

overall great win great 3 points great attendance not so great stewards again and for once great service in the kiosks as reasons unknown to me the food n drink where free

on to the next.

Because the on line payment was not working
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:25 pm

High lights from todays game

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:26 pm

Excellent result today. Calm some nerves down but be interesting what other players are signed this week to strengthen the squad.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:37 pm

Went today.  What important signings Morgs and Bali will turn out to be this season - well done Schuey for pulling this off!  Bali's crazy run and finish for Argo's second was unbelievable.  Watching it live I couldn't believe how fast he was going and how many defenders he ran past!  Morgs pouncing for the first and then his superb through ball for Hardie to score the third - and good finish by Hardie.  We'll still be the team everyone expects to beat just by turning up for a while yet but we need to make HP a fortress again.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 7:33 pm

Very tough conditions, didn't realise what it was like at ground level until after the game and it was never going to be a classic free flowing match-credit to both teams that it was as good as it was. Argyle started pretty well and Morgan put them ahead following a bit of head tennis and a good header across goal from Randell. Huddersfield's best early chances were created via some misunderstanding, shall we say, between Hazard and his passing targets but they gradually got a hold of the game and no great surprise when they equalised after converting a rebound off the upright. Second half was fairly even with Hazard failing his Stan Matthews dribbling test and having to make a save to rescue his credibility. As others have said it was anyone's match but a brilliant solo effort from Mumbadona put Argyle ahead and then an exquisite through ball from Morgan put Hardie in to settle the issue with aplomb. There were a few Hardie haters around me today but he is not a target man or a hustler and never will be-he plays off the shoulder and needs the type of service that Whittaker provided. Argyle still need more options up front though, hopefully that will be addressed in the near future. Great start though and on now to the massive promotion six pointer at Watford next week.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 7:47 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:

on to the next.

Because the on line payment was not working

thankyou tgwu.

i was wondering why the staff member kept trying to push a pasty on me when i ordered crisps and seemed shocked that i didnt want it then i got told no charge lol
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 8:22 pm

Excellent win today, Mumba’s goal was one of those “I was there” moments
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lovely boys v Huddersfield    Lovely boys v Huddersfield  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lovely boys v Huddersfield
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next