Grovehill
Earwegoagain
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 8:22 am

Got to say that Burton is a liability, when their player was bearing down on him he could have closed the gap with the player or drop back to his goal to cover, his decision when chipped was to go to ground? Shocked
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 8:36 am

All that mattered last night was the win so job done, it will probably be another not pretty grim slog on saturday, but again all that matters is the three points.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 12:52 pm

Dog Bone Malone wrote:
feckin coffee and egg mayo sarnies all over me truck when that winner went in. FFS. It's   mess!

I know we're all on tenterhooks, but please, Argo, thrash someone's arse before the season is over. My nerves need settling

It could go right down to the wire, not good for the nerves ?

Got to win all three home games now and that should put Argyle in a much, much better place. Local rag saying 8 points will secure promotion, Burton at home could be a party.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 3:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Got to say that Burton is a liability, when their player was bearing down on him he could have closed the gap with the player or drop back to his goal to cover, his decision when chipped was to go to ground? Shocked

There is no way he should be our number 1 goalie in the championship as he will get annihilated backup only sadly. IF we go up and given Cooper wont be fit till at least christmas and even then it will take time for him to re adjust if the club haven't by then had him play in a number of reserve games we will need to bring in a gk even ofg its on a 6 month loan cause burton gives me nightmares as does our defence in the championship
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 3:08 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:
feckin coffee and egg mayo sarnies all over me truck when that winner went in. FFS. It's   mess!

I know we're all on tenterhooks, but please, Argo, thrash someone's arse before the season is over. My nerves need settling

Got to win all three home games now and that should put Argyle in a much, much better place. Local rag saying 8 points will secure promotion, Burton at home could be a party.

If we win on Saturday and assume that Ipswich and Wednesday win also then if we win our game in hand against Rovers we will be 5 points ahead of Wednesday with two games to go. It's a great position to be in. One loss for either of the rivals really hands the reins to us as well and Saturday its Ipswich Barnsley.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 3:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There is no way he should be our number 1 goalie in the championship as he will get annihilated backup only sadly. IF we go up and given Cooper wont be fit till at least christmas and even then it will take time for him to re adjust if the club haven't by then had him play in a number of reserve games we will need to bring in a gk even ofg its on a 6 month loan cause burton gives me nightmares as does our defence in the championship

I wouldn't trust him with backup either and just get rid.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 3:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I wouldn't trust him with backup either and just get rid.

i agree but i cant see schuey moving him on though.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 4:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:

If we win on Saturday and assume that Ipswich and Wednesday win also then if we win our game in hand against Rovers we will be 5 points ahead of Wednesday with two games to go. It's a great position to be in. One loss for either of the rivals really hands the reins to us as well and Saturday its Ipswich Barnsley.

Ipswich are away to Posh on Saturday, then away to Barnsley on the Tuesday we play gas. Hopefully, they drop points against those two.

Wednesday got E..... on Saturday, so that is three points for them.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 5:46 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:

Ipswich are away to Posh on Saturday, then away to Barnsley on the Tuesday we play gas. Hopefully, they drop points against those two.

Basically we match their results and we are up.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 6:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:

Win all three home games and it's Championship here we come.

I am still optimistic that promotion will be achieved, those games are very winnable and the manager/team squad know that.

Those games Ipswich have are well tough, what with Posh going for POs and Barnsley going for automatic - slim chance now - or POs.

If Argyle can get six in the next two and Ipswich only get 3 or less, then we can start getting ready to party.

Argyle 95
Ipswich 91
Wednesday 90

Victory against Burton will seal it on 98

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 7:10 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:

Win all three home games and it's Championship here we come.

I am still optimistic that promotion will be achieved, those games are very winnable and the manager/team squad know that.

Those games Ipswich have are well tough, what with Posh going for POs and Barnsley going for automatic - slim chance now - or POs.

If Argyle can get six in the next two and Ipswich only get 3 or less, then we can start getting ready to party.

Argyle 95
Ipswich 91
Wednesday  90

Victory against Burton will seal it on 98

and it will be from that day till the start of the new season of hearing that famous Queen song that im not mentioning atm as we got 4 games left and this is plymouth argyle we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 7:34 pm

We quite simply have to win ALL our remaining matches. No ifs and no buts. A very tall order given how shaky we are. It's far more likely than not Ipswich will beat both Posh and Barnsley (and they'll obviously easily beat Exeter and Fleetwood).  Sheffield Wednesday have two very winnable games against Shrewsbury and Exeter but a potentially tricky one against Derby, depending on how in touch with the play-off places Derby are on the final day.  Right now I'd take having to go to Port Vale still only 2 places ahead of third place and needing a result.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 7:54 pm

You obviously can't count Freathy. A maximum of 8 points will guarantee automatic promotion.

I would say we will already be up when we go to Port Vale
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 10:45 pm

Grovehill wrote:
You obviously can't count Freathy. A maximum of 8 points will guarantee automatic promotion.

I would say we will already be up when we go to Port Vale

Zackly. Also win the game in hand on Wednesday and we have another three points on top of the two points we are already ahead. We could still throw away but so can they. Every game played gives Freathy less chance of being right and he's only been right about 19 home games out of 21 so far played this season, in fact if Freathy says promotion will be impossible it's (almost) guaranteed to be nailed on.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 8:14 am

Yes if we win the three home games then Argo are up but all three are against extremely difficult opposition. Sheff Wed and Ipswich won't be dropping points. If we're still in it on the final day albeit needing a result then I would take that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 8:50 am

Freathy wrote:
Yes if we win the three home games then Argo are up but all three are against extremely difficult opposition. Sheff Wed and Ipswich won't be dropping points. If we're still in it on the final day albeit needing a result then I would take that.

WTF not? Wednesday have been dropping points like Brent busting businesses in their last five games, in the last five they have won 2 lost 1 and drawn 2, 8pts from 5 and we have a game in hand and already a 2 pts jump on them, Ipswich have 13 pts from last five and we have 12pts. The odds are in our favour not to mention some more favourable games.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 11:41 am

If Argyle go up then I predict Freathy will win the predictions competition next season Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 12:13 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
If Argyle go up then I predict Freathy will win the predictions competition next season Very Happy

Nailed on.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 4:58 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

you may aswell have the season off ready for the following season to be fair lol
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 6:50 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

As he'll finish bottom, he should be relegated. He can spend next season forecasting Exeter's results. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 7:01 pm

I won Forecasting League a few years back cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 7:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

WTF not? Wednesday have been dropping points like Brent busting businesses in their last five games, in the last five they have won 2 lost 1 and drawn 2, 8pts from 5 and we have a game in hand and already a 2 pts jump on them, Ipswich have 13 pts from last five and we have 12pts. The odds are in our favour not to mention some more favourable games.
We also have far too many injuries. I can't keep up with them all.  Latest to join the injured list are: 

Scarr (again)
Miller (again)
Galloway (again)
Waine

FFS!

If (and it's still a very big IF) we did go up, we deffo need to replace the permanently injured.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 7:40 pm

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

We also have far too many injuries. I can't keep up with them all.  Latest to join the injured list are: 

Scarr (again)
Miller (again)
Galloway (again)
Waine

FFS!

If (and it's still a very big IF) we did go up, we deffo need to replace the permanently injured.

scarr out injured!!!!!!

if we go up as we arent up till its confirmed i will like to know the playing budget cause we are going to need a lot of strengthening through out and not just to root out the perm injuried.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 8:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Scarr (again)
Miller (again)
Galloway (again)
Waine

FFS!

scarr out injured!!!!!!

if we go up as we arent up till its confirmed i will like to know the playing budget cause we are going to need a lot of strengthening through out and not just to root out the perm injuried.

I don’t think Scarr missing will derail us after seeing how well Wilson, Gillisphey and Earley played, I think Early is going to be a big asset for us
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 8:31 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Scarr (again)
Miller (again)
Galloway (again)
Waine

FFS!

scarr out injured!!!!!!

I don’t think Scarr missing will derail us after seeing how well Wilson, Gillisphey and Earley played, I think Early is going to be a big asset for us

im no fan of Wilson's at all. too much of a liability at the back for me. Would rather butcher played there if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrews to the Slaughter.   Shrews to the Slaughter. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shrews to the Slaughter.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next