Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels

Go down 
+13
Dog Bone Malone
VillageGreen
Grovehill
seadog
Freathy
Earwegoagain
Graiser
Czarcasm
Angry
sufferedsince 68
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Greenskin
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1863
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 38

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:57 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up

Exactly, this trip to wembley maybe a great day out for fans and players alike but if winning this comes after ballsing up getting into the league one then how can anyone say i would have taken this at the start of the season blah blah blah when for 3/4 of the season we where steam rolling it.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5963
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 58
Location : Plymouth

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 7:02 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up


Who said Argyle would be up there at the start of the season, no one on here. I am going to Wembley for the day out and the chance to win a trophy. If yourself and Angry are not that bothered about that, then fair shout. Thousands are going up to London for the same reason I am.

Argyle still have ten games to go and could still go up, a big ask but the opportunity is still there. They would probably need to win all ten games to be 100% certain of going up.

Argyle are guaranteed a Play-Off place as a last resort should automatic not happen. Then it will be interesting to see what would happen should that occur.

We are not as big a club in League One as we would like to think we are, there are other sides who are much bigger than we are and we know that. The fact that they have fallen on hard times is their fault, not ours. They are desperate get back to where they think they belong.

Whatever happens come May I will take it and digest it. I will look forward to the new season in August and hope we can improve on the last.

If you don't like how Argyle are going about things you can always go and start supporting another team who are better and wealthier and more successful.

When I first started supporting/following Argyle the crowds were well below 4,000.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1863
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 38

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 7:32 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up


Who said Argyle would be up there at the start of the season, no one on here. I am going to Wembley for the day out and the chance to win a trophy. If yourself and Angry are not that bothered about that, then fair shout. Thousands are going up to London for the same reason I am.

Argyle still have ten games to go and could still go up, a big ask but the opportunity is still there. They would probably need to win all ten games to be 100% certain of going up.

Argyle are guaranteed a Play-Off place as a last resort should automatic not happen. Then it will be interesting to see what would happen should that occur.

We are not as big a club in League One as we would like to think we are, there are other sides who are much bigger than we are and we know that. The fact that they have fallen on hard times is their fault, not ours. They are desperate get back to where they think they belong.

Whatever happens come May I will take it and digest it. I will look forward to the new season in August and hope we can improve on the last.

If you don't like how Argyle are going about things you can always go and start supporting another team who are better and wealthier and more successful.

When I first started supporting/following Argyle the crowds were well below 4,000.

and you too can GFYS with that go support another team bollox cause you cant deal with reality.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2046
Join date : 2012-01-24

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 8:25 pm

There's only one team in League one in a better position than Argyle and that's Sheff Wed.

Ipswich play Barnsley-they can't both win that. So we have one side that has to get two points more than us to overtake us, I'm happy with that because no team is going to win 10 or 12 games on the trot.

As for all this bollocks about "we had x points lead" "we had games in hand" well that was great because we had to play all the top six teams, now we've played them we are still 2 points clear off the play offs (we were never going to win the League anyway) and in control of our own fate. Ipswich Barnsley etc are having to hope we drop points on the run in and the truth is every one of their fans would swap places with us.

We will get more than 90 points and be promoted before the last game of the season. Semper Fidelis!!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 10:00 pm

Grovehill wrote:
There's only one team in League one in a better position than Argyle and that's Sheff Wed.

Ipswich play Barnsley-they can't both win that. So we have one side that has to get two points more than us to overtake us, I'm happy with that because no team is going to win 10 or 12 games on the trot.

As for all this bollocks about  "we had x points lead" "we had games in hand" well that was great because we had to play all the top six teams, now we've played them we are still 2 points clear off the play offs (we were never going to win the League anyway) and in control of our own fate. Ipswich Barnsley etc are having to hope we drop points on the run in and the truth is every one of their fans would swap places with us.

We will get more than 90  points and be promoted before the last game of the season. Semper Fidelis!!!

And in the meantime some fans may want to discuss why we let first spot go and whether we may keep second, all opinions are valid.
Funny how the new positive crew are the ones throwing the toys out right now though, who the fook is pleased that we lost today? Go and support another team? This place has turned into Pasoti. Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 5963
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 58
Location : Plymouth

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 12:58 am

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up


Who said Argyle would be up there at the start of the season, no one on here. I am going to Wembley for the day out and the chance to win a trophy. If yourself and Angry are not that bothered about that, then fair shout. Thousands are going up to London for the same reason I am.

Argyle still have ten games to go and could still go up, a big ask but the opportunity is still there. They would probably need to win all ten games to be 100% certain of going up.

Argyle are guaranteed a Play-Off place as a last resort should automatic not happen. Then it will be interesting to see what would happen should that occur.

We are not as big a club in League One as we would like to think we are, there are other sides who are much bigger than we are and we know that. The fact that they have fallen on hard times is their fault, not ours. They are desperate get back to where they think they belong.

Whatever happens come May I will take it and digest it. I will look forward to the new season in August and hope we can improve on the last.

If you don't like how Argyle are going about things you can always go and start supporting another team who are better and wealthier and more successful.

When I first started supporting/following Argyle the crowds were well below 4,000.

and you too can GFYS with that go support another team bollox cause you cant deal with reality.



You can say what you want prick. I know who you are and if you want to have a pop, then bring it on pal. It will be you that comes off worse, like a trip to Derriford Hospital. That is not a joke Angry.

You can report this to plod if you want to but it will make no difference as I will still do you matey boy. If you want to get serious about this then watch your back sunshine, no joke.

I do not care what plod do, they know who I am. I be a bad person, an individual who you should be very scared of, big time.

As for that Punchdrunk fella, well he his going to get it also after getting me in trouble for something  I had nothing to do with. He can watch his back also, if he thinks he knows people, then tough. I know a lot more than he does  and I am owed a few favours.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7278
Join date : 2014-03-30

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:16 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up


Who said Argyle would be up there at the start of the season, no one on here. I am going to Wembley for the day out and the chance to win a trophy. If yourself and Angry are not that bothered about that, then fair shout. Thousands are going up to London for the same reason I am.

Argyle still have ten games to go and could still go up, a big ask but the opportunity is still there. They would probably need to win all ten games to be 100% certain of going up.

Argyle are guaranteed a Play-Off place as a last resort should automatic not happen. Then it will be interesting to see what would happen should that occur.

We are not as big a club in League One as we would like to think we are, there are other sides who are much bigger than we are and we know that. The fact that they have fallen on hard times is their fault, not ours. They are desperate get back to where they think they belong.

Whatever happens come May I will take it and digest it. I will look forward to the new season in August and hope we can improve on the last.

If you don't like how Argyle are going about things you can always go and start supporting another team who are better and wealthier and more successful.

When I first started supporting/following Argyle the crowds were well below 4,000.

and you too can GFYS with that go support another team bollox cause you cant deal with reality.



You can say what you want prick. I know who you are and if you want to have a pop, then bring it on pal. It will be you that comes off worse, like a trip to Derriford Hospital. That is not a joke Angry.

You can report this to plod if you want to but it will make no difference as I will still do you matey boy. If you want to get serious about this then watch your back sunshine, no joke.

I do not care what plod do, they know who I am. I be a bad person, an individual who you should be very scared of, big time.

As for that Punchdrunk fella, well he his going to get it also after getting me in trouble for something  I had nothing to do with. He can watch his back also, if he thinks he knows people, then tough. I know a lot more than he does  and I am owed a few favours.


cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone


Posts : 1148
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Bluesville, Jannerbama

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:29 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up


Who said Argyle would be up there at the start of the season, no one on here. I am going to Wembley for the day out and the chance to win a trophy. If yourself and Angry are not that bothered about that, then fair shout. Thousands are going up to London for the same reason I am.

Argyle still have ten games to go and could still go up, a big ask but the opportunity is still there. They would probably need to win all ten games to be 100% certain of going up.

Argyle are guaranteed a Play-Off place as a last resort should automatic not happen. Then it will be interesting to see what would happen should that occur.

We are not as big a club in League One as we would like to think we are, there are other sides who are much bigger than we are and we know that. The fact that they have fallen on hard times is their fault, not ours. They are desperate get back to where they think they belong.

Whatever happens come May I will take it and digest it. I will look forward to the new season in August and hope we can improve on the last.

If you don't like how Argyle are going about things you can always go and start supporting another team who are better and wealthier and more successful.

When I first started supporting/following Argyle the crowds were well below 4,000.

and you too can GFYS with that go support another team bollox cause you cant deal with reality.



You can say what you want prick. I know who you are and if you want to have a pop, then bring it on pal. It will be you that comes off worse, like a trip to Derriford Hospital. That is not a joke Angry.

You can report this to plod if you want to but it will make no difference as I will still do you matey boy. If you want to get serious about this then watch your back sunshine, no joke.

I do not care what plod do, they know who I am. I be a bad person, an individual who you should be very scared of, big time.

As for that Punchdrunk fella, well he his going to get it also after getting me in trouble for something  I had nothing to do with. He can watch his back also, if he thinks he knows people, then tough. I know a lot more than he does  and I am owed a few favours.


Probably the best meltdown in ATD history. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane


Posts : 1934
Join date : 2013-02-23

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 6:50 am

I think the defending of late is really concerning! Both home and away. I also am starting to question the way the team are being set up in some of the games.  It’s all very well making good substitutions but how about getting it right from the start here and there ?

As a midfielder/ number 10 you need to impact games. The midfield yesteRday hardly has a goal or assist between them. Where as Whittaker had 9 goals and 8 assists for example

There are quite a lot of things going wrong all at the same time right now. I fear for them in the play offs as can’t keep a clean sheet.  Need to knuckle down now!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 7:13 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up


Who said Argyle would be up there at the start of the season, no one on here. I am going to Wembley for the day out and the chance to win a trophy. If yourself and Angry are not that bothered about that, then fair shout. Thousands are going up to London for the same reason I am.

Argyle still have ten games to go and could still go up, a big ask but the opportunity is still there. They would probably need to win all ten games to be 100% certain of going up.

Argyle are guaranteed a Play-Off place as a last resort should automatic not happen. Then it will be interesting to see what would happen should that occur.

We are not as big a club in League One as we would like to think we are, there are other sides who are much bigger than we are and we know that. The fact that they have fallen on hard times is their fault, not ours. They are desperate get back to where they think they belong.

Whatever happens come May I will take it and digest it. I will look forward to the new season in August and hope we can improve on the last.

If you don't like how Argyle are going about things you can always go and start supporting another team who are better and wealthier and more successful.

When I first started supporting/following Argyle the crowds were well below 4,000.

and you too can GFYS with that go support another team bollox cause you cant deal with reality.



You can say what you want prick. I know who you are and if you want to have a pop, then bring it on pal. It will be you that comes off worse, like a trip to Derriford Hospital. That is not a joke Angry.

You can report this to plod if you want to but it will make no difference as I will still do you matey boy. If you want to get serious about this then watch your back sunshine, no joke.

I do not care what plod do, they know who I am. I be a bad person, an individual who you should be very scared of, big time.

As for that Punchdrunk fella, well he his going to get it also after getting me in trouble for something  I had nothing to do with. He can watch his back also, if he thinks he knows people, then tough. I know a lot more than he does  and I am owed a few favours.

Calm down bhey, thought you'd been hacked by Harve for a minute, he got banned for saying what you said in a PM maybe you should have a quick edit?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5845
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 63
Location : Tavistock area

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:15 am

Must say a most uncharacteristic post from VG. Very bad day all round yesterday, tempers frayed and maybe time to simmer down a bit.

As it is, can't agree with the stuff about the Wembley thing being a distraction. The real problem in comparison with the other promotion seekers is away form-one win this year and two matches where the team has leaked like a sieve and in the process ruined the goal difference. The malaise started a long time ago in fact-Argyle have won only two away matches out of eleven since last October which is definitely not promotion form and has been disguised by the exceptional home form which doesn't seem to have been affected in the least by the Wembley issue. Whatever the reason it needs to be addressed very quickly starting at Accrington next week or huge pressure will be there for a clean sweep of wins in the remaining home games which is a tall order even for a team with an excellent previous record.

Although yesterday was a shocker, agree overall with Grovey that things really aren't that bad. Someone on Pasoti posted that it's now a ten game season and that is right-a two point lead and an equal amount of home and away games to come is a pretty good state of affairs and if the back door is kept shut in the away games then Argyle are certainly going to be in the mix for automatic promotion come seasons end-would be nice to have Scarr available for the run in, fair to say that his talismanic qualities have been missed in the past couple of away outings.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1863
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 38

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:52 am

Dog Bone Malone wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up


Who said Argyle would be up there at the start of the season, no one on here. I am going to Wembley for the day out and the chance to win a trophy. If yourself and Angry are not that bothered about that, then fair shout. Thousands are going up to London for the same reason I am.

Argyle still have ten games to go and could still go up, a big ask but the opportunity is still there. They would probably need to win all ten games to be 100% certain of going up.

Argyle are guaranteed a Play-Off place as a last resort should automatic not happen. Then it will be interesting to see what would happen should that occur.

We are not as big a club in League One as we would like to think we are, there are other sides who are much bigger than we are and we know that. The fact that they have fallen on hard times is their fault, not ours. They are desperate get back to where they think they belong.

Whatever happens come May I will take it and digest it. I will look forward to the new season in August and hope we can improve on the last.

If you don't like how Argyle are going about things you can always go and start supporting another team who are better and wealthier and more successful.

When I first started supporting/following Argyle the crowds were well below 4,000.

and you too can GFYS with that go support another team bollox cause you cant deal with reality.



You can say what you want prick. I know who you are and if you want to have a pop, then bring it on pal. It will be you that comes off worse, like a trip to Derriford Hospital. That is not a joke Angry.

You can report this to plod if you want to but it will make no difference as I will still do you matey boy. If you want to get serious about this then watch your back sunshine, no joke.

I do not care what plod do, they know who I am. I be a bad person, an individual who you should be very scared of, big time.

As for that Punchdrunk fella, well he his going to get it also after getting me in trouble for something  I had nothing to do with. He can watch his back also, if he thinks he knows people, then tough. I know a lot more than he does  and I am owed a few favours.


Probably the best meltdown in ATD history. Laughing


i have to admitt i found it funny reading that wtf has punchdrunk got to do with anything very random indeed, this is why its not a good idea to post drunk you get all emotional and post very stupid things like that d1 d1 d1 d1 d1


Last edited by Angry on Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook


Posts : 404
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:53 am

Shit result, not to go all Freathy but when Whittiker went back then Coops and Scarr getting injured I did have a nagging feeling we'd drop into the playoffs. Our rivals are battering teams and we aren't. I know you get 3 points whether you win 1 or 5 nil but it just seems at the business end of the season we're running out of juice again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6495
Join date : 2011-05-12

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 9:55 am

10 game season yes but unfortunately 5 of those games are away and therefore with our new ultra-shiteness away from home park we're likely to get hammered in all of them.  Meanwhile Ipswich look very likely to win all of their remaining matches.  Argo will still be a L1 team next season.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph


Posts : 12835
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 84

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 10:10 am

Greenskin wrote:
Must say a most uncharacteristic post from VG. Very bad day all round yesterday, tempers frayed and maybe time to simmer down a bit.

As it is, can't agree with the stuff about the Wembley thing being a distraction. The real problem in comparison with the other promotion seekers is away form-one win this year and two matches where the team has leaked like a sieve and in the process ruined the goal difference. The malaise started a long time ago in fact-Argyle have won only two away matches out of eleven since last October which is definitely not promotion form and has been disguised by the exceptional home form which doesn't seem to have been affected in the least by the Wembley issue. Whatever the reason it needs to be addressed very quickly starting at Accrington next week or huge pressure will be there for a clean sweep of wins in the remaining home games which is a tall order even for a team with an excellent previous record.

Although yesterday was a shocker, agree overall with Grovey that things really aren't that bad. Someone on Pasoti posted that it's now a ten game season and that is right-a two point lead and an equal amount of home and away games to come is a pretty good state of affairs and if the back door is kept shut in the away games then Argyle are certainly going to be in the mix for automatic promotion come seasons end-would be nice to have Scarr available for the run in, fair to say that his talismanic qualities have been missed in the past couple of away outings.



Unfortunately it isn't a 10 game season for all.....Sheff W have an 11 game finish and they're 3pts ahead.......Barnsley have a 12 game finish and are flying....we might only have 2pts buffer....which is the same buffer we have over Ipswich.

The problem is they all know how to win...and have better away form.......so we could come 4th and lose to Ipswich in the play-offs.

The only plus is....they have to play each other....and Barnsley have an advantage over most with home games against their nearest rivals.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 11:15 am

The blame game played by fans is very amusing. I think we are all pissed off after yesterday's shit show and rightly so, we have made a odds on promotion position almost into an odds on playoff position. Sur the injuries haven't helped and Whitikker being recalled was the biggest blow we've had.
As to who to blame? Well right at the top has to be Schuey who quite a few of us think tinkers with the lineup too much and also should shoulder blame for not strengthening an obviously dodgy defence. Some of the players need to accept some blame as well for turning off and on. Someone who doesn't warrant any flak is your average fan, we turn up, pay our money or even support from afar but we don't choose the team, despite some Pasoti nerd claiming that t was the fans fault Schuey chops and changes so much, we don't sign the players we just chat shit about it all and as I am always pointing out that is exactly what these forums are for. What was very telling yesterday evening was the positive crew immediately lashing out and blaming other fans for everything. "Go and support another team", "well at least this result will make some people happy" . I don't think any fan was happy it's just another disappointing day in being an Argo fan. Personally I am close to being done with forums for good (thank fook for that I hear) I can handle taking the flak for my opinions, like don't sell our best players, what I really hate is being painted as a super club hater by people that cannot hold their own argument who then paint me as someone I am not, the classic pasoti straw man argument. Czarks has employed it ever since I had the temerity to point out that I thought Hallett didn't like us oiks, boom told him all he needs to know about me and lets him dismiss any argument without engaging.
Anyway back to the main thread and I think what makes this all the more shit gripping is that anyone with a modicum of common sense can see we have punched well above our weight this season and without major investment (which we have always been told by the board comes well second to material asset purchases) and next year is no way guaranteed to be any easier, Hardie will be gone as will the laonees and several other first teamers in fact a fair old re build.
Anyway it is what it is and we do now have a ten game season, we have got an easier run in but christ we will need it, all we can do is cross our fingers and hope that the chasing pack drop some points.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15548
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 60
Location : Berkshire

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 12:36 pm

Oh well on to the next game!

As for Czarky, I have always found him to be a fair and balanced poster.

As for you Ears, I think you are bordering on the obsessive when it comes to Pan. In fact if it wasn’t for the fact I know it’s you I would say you were harve, you even have an avatar of him (I assume it’s Pan, I just can’t be arsed to check it out) just like him and his Boris pictures. clown

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:48 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Oh well on to the next game!

As for Czarky, I have always found him to be a fair and balanced poster.

As for you Ears, I think you are bordering on the obsessive when it comes to Pan. In fact if it wasn’t for the fact I know it’s you I would say you were harve, you even have an avatar of him (I assume it’s Pan, I just can’t be arsed to check it out) just like him and his Boris pictures. clown

Every time it's bought up I will reply. And it's bought up a.lotas well as my being negative, taking every opportunity to kick the club and so on and so on ad infinitum.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15548
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 60
Location : Berkshire

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 3:33 pm

Ok harve! Very Happy

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» The Anti James Brent Brigade-Why?
» Salary Caps being introduced to Leagues 1 and 2 immediately

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: