Les Miserable
Greenskin
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 4:49 pm

we're going to blow this promotion thing arent we?

none of that we are still 2 points clear of ipswich bollox today please thankyou

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 4:50 pm

I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 4:58 pm

if we end up in the playoffs then the club have questions to answer of the how we fecked this up after being so strong this season.

clearly didnt recruit well in january didnt strengthen in defence like we should have and Cooper getting injured is too convenient an excuse to use for all of this which doesnt fly with me as we were stuttering before that.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:01 pm

Bad day today, but:

Barnsley still have to play Sheff Wed and Ipswich, Ipswich also have to play Derby.

So move on boys, Argyle are still in the driving seat.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:02 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Bad day today, but:

Barnsley still have to play Sheff Wed and Ipswich, Ipswich also have to play Derby.

Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:13 pm

Whatever you do don't turn over to watch the Rugby it's even worse. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Ipswich winning at Bolton.  They are unstoppable going into the run-in.  Can't see them not overtaking us soon and being in the top two for the rest of the season.

If we lose this 3 0 Id agree but I don't think we will.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:18 pm

Couldn't have gone much worse today, at oakwell and elsewhere, I fear the crumble is well and truly on but it's still in our hands and I'm clinging desperately to the fact that on paper we've got a favourable run in. All irrelevant of course if we can't up our game.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:33 pm

For months performances have been far from convincing.  We're simply just not good enough to hold off the challenge from Ipswich and Barnsley and see the season out.  Ipswich and Sheff Wed will win the vast majority, if not all, of their remaining games and will finish top two.  We will crash out in the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:44 pm

Oh well, move on to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:45 pm

Calm down everyone!

We've played every other team in the top six in the last few weeks and we are still 2 pts clear in an automatic promotion place  I'd call that a damn good few weeks. [/b]

Last edited by Grovehill on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Calm down everyone!

We've played every other team in the top six in the last few weeks and we are still 2 pts clear in an automatic promotion place  L'd call that a damn good few weeks. [/b]

then your a fool
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:48 pm

FFS Angry take a reality pill. Where the feck do you think we should be at this stage of the season after having played all our promotion rivals?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:54 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'd say season over.  I wouldn't bet against Ipswich winning all of their remaining games.
our season was over soon as we qualified for that pizza final bollox
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 5:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:
FFS Angry take a reality pill. Where the feck do you think we should be at this stage of the season after having played all our promotion rivals?

i live in reality and i can see what is happening in real life its you that cant accept that we have gone from 7 points clear of Wednesday to being 3 points behind with Wednesday having 2 games in hand and having a sizable points advantage over Ipswich to them now having closed that gap to 2 and are in better form than we are at the moment.

our form is stuttering and we are in serious danger of dropping out of the automatics at this rate there is nothing to gloss over here we should be concerned as should you.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:02 pm

On the positive side we are still 2 points clear in second on the downside we have a shite defence, a shite goalkeeper, are rubbish away from home all of a sudden, we are really missing Randall and Cossy, Azaz has not t recovered yet by any means and Schuey still doesn't know our best starting Eleven. Apart from that Barnsley, Ipswich and Wednesday are charging along. We have had a good run of results but we've had some fooking shockers, 5 2 and 3 0 within a couple of weeks is not promotion form
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:03 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Spot on, Wembley will be a consolation now.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:03 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Bad day today, but:

Good post Grovehill, we lost to a good team away boo hoo, not any one persons fault just the way it goes sometimes the club backed the manager who in turn signed good young players who need time to gell, but that wont stop the terminally stupid lashing out at everyone connected to Argyle cause we lost.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

im glad i decided not to go to that as that trophy isnt worth it and not glossing over cracks even if we win it, we need to get promoted and we are ballsing that up.
You were never going mush, staying at home praying argyle lose is your hope so you can claim to be right all along, i will be there win or lose because argyles my club and its a great occasion for everyone but the sad few. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:26 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

what will wind me up and piss me is the idiots who will say I’d have took that at the start of the season blah blah blah !…when we should have prioritised the promotion push specially with being in the best position we have had for donkeys years plus gawld knows when will be in a position like this again if do mess this up

Last edited by RegGreen on Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:28 pm

Argyle will probably need to win every game to go up, a big ask even if it is against lower sides.

Can't see it now, it will be either Ipswich or Barnsley that may clinch that second spot.

Remaining games for Argyle are :-

FGR H
Accrington A
Morecambe A
Lincoln H
Exeter A
Shrewsbury A
Cambridge H
Bristol Rovers H
Burton H
Port Vale A
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:37 pm

Can’t remember a game where we’ve given the ball away needlessly so often. Painful to watch.

It’s pretty clear where the problem lies though. Our away form has collapsed. 1 league win since Boxing Day.

Time for Shuey to earn his corn.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

You were never going mush, staying at home praying argyle lose is your hope so you can claim to be right all along, i will be there win or lose because argyles my club and its a great occasion for everyone but the sad few. cheers cheers cheers

GFYS cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:46 pm

Angry wrote:
we're going to blow this promotion thing arent we?

none of that we are still 2 points clear of ipswich bollox today please thankyou

It's the Argo way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels   Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whippets and cloth caps brigade v straw chewing yokels
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next