Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hector Valdez

Hector Valdez

Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:04 pm

Definitely a point that wasn't particularly deserved. Absolutely dire game that only vaguely come to life in the final quarter. Bolton were poor too and there for the taking yet we couldn't even muster up a shot on target until almost 70 minutes. Draw was probably right result on balance though I expect Bolton will feel less pleased with a point than we will.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:04 pm

Freathy wrote:
We really are not very good
fishing fishing Laughing fishing
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:07 pm

Grind by the sound of it but a difficult game out of the way with a well acceptable result. Going to be a real nail biter next week though, may well need 40 fags to get through it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Not a bad point away from home, so I will take that.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:13 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grind by the sound of it but a difficult game out of the way with a well acceptable result. Going to be a real nail biter next week though, may well need 40 fags to get through it.

I will raise that to 60 smokes and a big bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Gold !!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 7:20 pm

Not the best watch of the season but a decent point in the end. Good defensive performance, lots of blocks and putting bodies on the line, and for all Bolton's possession Coops had only one save to make.

Cosgrove should have have done better with a header in the second half, and Waine had one cleared off the line by Aimson (who else].

Waine looked lively when he came on, Wright looked sharp but gave the ball away too easily and Matete strengthened the midfield.

Take the point thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 7:27 pm

Watching Wendies vs Newcastle and Windass has scored twice plus his hat trick earlier in the week he frightens me.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 7:49 pm

Yep I’ll take that a points a point specially against a team that’s in the play off mix as well even if we deserved it or not so brizzle rovers in the tin pot in the Week then ..Then on to the Big One Saturday tbh dropping them 2points today
Ain’t done us No real harm in fact I’d take a point next week as well
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 9:02 am

After watching Sheff Wed v Newcastle, it's fair to say we are most definitely not the best team in the tope 3, not by a long way.  And that was without their supposedly base player.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 9:14 am

Freathy wrote:
After watching Sheff Wed v Newcastle, it's fair to say we are most definitely not the best team in the tope 3, not by a long way.  And that was without their supposedly base player.

You can stay in denial, currently the table doesn’t lie
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 9:43 am

And Ipswich's demolition of Rotherham in a pretty much one sided affair.  It's just a bit disconcerting when those FA cup performances yesterday against Prem and Championship opposition are compared to us being completely outplayed by Bolton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 9:43 am

Freathy wrote:

i suppose if newcastle had their strongest side out (which they didnt they rested alot of players) and wednesday beat them you may have a point but thats the FA Cup not league one its a different story same if that happened to Ipswich.

Aslong as we do the things we need to do it matters not what they do or how they play.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 10:08 am

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

i suppose if newcastle had their strongest side out (which they didnt they rested alot of players) and wednesday beat them you may have a point but thats the FA Cup not league one its a different story same if that happened to Ipswich.

Aslong as we do the things we need to do it matters not what they do or how they play.

Not sure about that Newcastle subbed on four players after conceding but lets not forget that they are around the very top of the Prem so actually two leagues ahead of Wendies. It would appear as sour grapes not to applaud the Wendies, and especially Windass's performance, yesterday. They were exceptional. Anybody who watches Argyle regularly would have to agree we haven't been playing well since we lost Azaz and Wendies haven't had anything like the turmoil our squad has seen, but if they did could probably cope with it better due to squad depth and quality in their squad.
I personally think we have to stay ahead of Ipswich as I think Wendies are the strongest team in league 1 at the present moment.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 10:16 am

Personally I hope the FA Cup Final is Wednesday v Tractor Boys-that would take their minds off picking up points in the League
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 11:44 am

Was saying the same yesterday hopefully they both get a big draw and the massive distraction and the circus it brings while we go about our business quietly
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 11:57 am

I started watching Argyle during the 59/60 season, so I’ve seen many ups and downs, probably more downs, however what I find strange is some supporters find it very difficult to see the positives but find it extremely easy to focus on the negatives, we’re currently top of the league, lost only 2 games away and one at home all season, what’s not too like ?
Every game between now and the end of the season is going to be very difficult, no team is going to rollover, whether we get auto promotion or not I’m bleddy enjoying this season.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 4:22 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Was saying the same yesterday hopefully they both get  a big draw and the massive distraction and the circus it brings while we go about our business quietly

Good draw for Argyle-Ipswich, Wednesday and Derby all have ties they will think they can win, so distraction and more chances of suspensions injuries etc.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 6:23 pm

Graiser wrote:
I started watching Argyle during the 59/60 season, so I’ve seen many ups and downs, probably more downs, however what I find strange is some supporters find it very difficult to see the positives but find it extremely easy to focus on the negatives, we’re currently top of the league, lost only 2 games away and one at home all season, what’s not too like ?
Every game between now and the end of the season is going to be very difficult, no team is going to rollover, whether we get auto promotion or not I’m bleddy enjoying this season.

Why do you constantly seize upon every little remark and paint it as negative? Winning the league or getting promoted is not just about Argyle and very much about who the competition is, in this case SW, Ipswich, Derby, Barnsley, Pompey and Bolton so comparing squads, performances and transfers is completely relevant and in my younger days before the internet used to be carried out in the pub and at work instead of online. Nothing has changed, fans haven't changed what has changed is that now we have fans who refuse to accept opinions that don't align with their own. Maybe you are better flouncing and staying flounced?
What is really amusing is that if I asked you to highlight a truly negative post from this thread you couldn't because they aren't there. If you don't want to join in the conversation don't, it really is that simple.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 7:30 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Why do you constantly seize upon every little remark and paint it as negative? Winning the league or getting promoted is not just about Argyle and very much about who the competition is, in this case SW, Ipswich, Derby, Barnsley, Pompey and Bolton so comparing squads, performances and transfers is completely relevant and in my younger days before the internet used to be carried out in the pub and at work instead of online. Nothing has changed, fans haven't changed what has changed is that now we have fans who refuse to accept opinions that don't align with their own. Maybe you are better flouncing and staying flounced?
What is really amusing is that if I asked you to highlight a truly negative post from this thread you couldn't because they aren't there. If you don't want to join in the conversation don't, it really is that simple.

I think that post is a bit rich coming from you, do you think my post was aimed at you ? I was actually generalising after reading several posts and not just on ATD.
Your quite free to give your opinion as I did mine and I’m not trying to impose by thoughts on anybody, just giving them.
As for flouncing, dictionary describes it as “ to go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner” well that’s not me and I didn’t, I just decided to take a break and the mods are fully aware of the reasons why.
So you enjoy what’s left of today
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 7:36 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I think that post is a bit rich coming from you, do you think my post was aimed at you ? I was actually generalising after reading several posts and not just on ATD.
Your quite free to give your opinion as I did mine and I’m not trying to impose by thoughts on anybody, just giving them.
As for flouncing, dictionary describes it as “ to go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner” well that’s not me and I didn’t, I just decided to take a break and the mods are fully aware of the reasons why.

So which "negative" posts were you talking about? Flouncing was what you did when you couldn't accept my views on selling Pan, that's the ATD version always has been.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 8:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

So which "negative" posts were you talking about? Flouncing was what you did when you couldn't accept my views on selling Pan, that's the ATD version always has been.

Nearly every one
You have a high opinion of yourself if you think your views on Pan bothered me at all. You know my views but I don’t know why you considered Camara to be one of Argyle’s best players as you never replied to a previous post as to what criteria you use to assess him as one of our best players.
Anyway he’s history and we haven’t missed him this season.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 11:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

So all members who leave ATD of their own choice it is a flounce?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 2:07 am

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

We are where we are based on excellent first half of the season performances. Now, I fear we're clinging on, and about to get a few arse whoopings from some big name games coming up.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 8:29 am

Cheesy-Chips wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

We are where we are based on excellent first half of the season performances. Now, I fear we're clinging on, and about to get a few arse whoopings from some big name games coming up.

My generally realistic/pessimistic nature would unfortunately fear the same.

But it was that very same nature that led me to predict an 11th place finish this year. On that same basis, where we are in the league and the quality of players brought in, has for me, been quite sensational. I still don’t believe we can hold onto autos, but hopefully the influx of new recruits can click and we can stay in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 8:49 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Cheesy-Chips wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

My generally realistic/pessimistic nature would unfortunately fear the same.

But it was that very same nature that led me to predict an 11th place finish this year. On that same basis, where we are in the league and the quality of players brought in, has for me, been quite sensational. I still don’t believe we can hold onto autos, but hopefully the influx of new recruits can click and we can stay in the mix.

With my realistic hat on, I also think 'in the mix' is our best hope of promotion this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boltons vs Strapons.   Boltons vs Strapons. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boltons vs Strapons.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: