Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Saxon Signs

Go down 
+7
mouldyoldgoat
Grovehill
Earwegoagain
Graiser
Angry
Les Miserable
Czarcasm
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10164
Join date : 2011-10-23

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7383
Join date : 2014-03-30

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:03 pm

Sounds promising
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2290
Join date : 2021-12-06

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:09 pm

great name i have to say. welcome Saxon


Have you seen who is sponsoring him though :O
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 417
Join date : 2023-01-01

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:14 pm

Angry wrote:
great name i have to say. welcome Saxon


Have you seen who is sponsoring him though :O

Thought Akkeron went bust, hope Argyle got the dosh from them !
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:15 pm

Good signing this is.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2103
Join date : 2012-01-24

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 8:44 pm

He's not Saxon, he's The Master!

Send for The Doctor and Cap'n Jack Harkness
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2290
Join date : 2021-12-06

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 9:59 am

2 signings already is a great start hopefully we see 2 more at least (central midfielder and defender) and any additional replacement signings should anyone leave ie Whittaker and/or Hardie. Then i feel we have the squad depth and quality to push on and secure promotion come May.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15660
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 61
Location : Berkshire

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 10:55 am

Welcome to Argyle Saxon!

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 10:56 am

If Hardie leaves we may as well give up. It will be the Pan argument all over again except with our highest scorer, we dont need the money, end of.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6698
Join date : 2011-05-12

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 11:36 am

Losing Whittaker to Ipswich and then selling Hardie to another L1 club (are we sure Ipswich haven't made an approach?) will confirm what Schuey unbelievably recently indicated i.e. that promotion is not the main priority this season
Back to top Go down
Boy D

Boy D


Posts : 10
Join date : 2022-11-13
Location : Bristol area

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 8:59 pm

Freathy wrote:
Losing Whittaker to Ipswich and then selling Hardie to another L1 club (are we sure Ipswich haven't made an approach?) will confirm what Schuey unbelievably recently indicated i.e. that promotion is not the main priority this season

Eh? When did he say that? Do you really believe that?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 417
Join date : 2023-01-01

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 9:23 pm

Boy D wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Losing Whittaker to Ipswich and then selling Hardie to another L1 club (are we sure Ipswich haven't made an approach?) will confirm what Schuey unbelievably recently indicated i.e. that promotion is not the main priority this season

Eh? When did he say that? Do you really believe that?

He didn’t say that, Freathy probably dreamt it and it’s now a reality, Dewsnip was quite clear today that Argyle are going for promotion this season, which would be obvious to most of us.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14446
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 9:25 pm

Top of the league does point to a promotion objective.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5691
Join date : 2015-07-08

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 6:22 am

I see the shyster brent is still lurking about no doubt with his chief nosher like a bad smell  what’s he sponsoring with the money he dubious acquired from Argyle in the first place if anythink he shouldn’t even be allowed 10 foot near the the place ffs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 9:01 am

Someone from the club, think it may have been Dewsnip did say promotion wasn't a priority this year. Unbelievable but true.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 417
Join date : 2023-01-01

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Someone from the club, think it may have been Dewsnip did say promotion wasn't a priority this year. Unbelievable but true.


“Welcome aboard, Saxon.”

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip added: “We’re absolutely delighted that Saxon has agreed to join us, to help our promotion push for the rest of this season, and also to add value to the football club over the next few seasons as a minimum.”
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7383
Join date : 2014-03-30

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Someone from the club, think it may have been Dewsnip did say promotion wasn't a priority this year. Unbelievable but true.


“Welcome aboard, Saxon.”

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip added: “We’re absolutely delighted that Saxon has agreed to join us, to help our promotion push for the rest of this season, and also to add value to the football club over the next few seasons as a minimum.”

What a bizarre thing to say ... "to add value to the football club" very crass.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 417
Join date : 2023-01-01

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:34 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Someone from the club, think it may have been Dewsnip did say promotion wasn't a priority this year. Unbelievable but true.


“Welcome aboard, Saxon.”

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip added: “We’re absolutely delighted that Saxon has agreed to join us, to help our promotion push for the rest of this season, and also to add value to the football club over the next few seasons as a minimum.”

What a bizarre thing to say ... "to add value to the football club"  very crass.

I think what he meant was Saxon could develop and be worth a lot of money to Argyle in the future.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14446
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:38 pm

Value can be measured in success and kudos as well as money.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7383
Join date : 2014-03-30

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:39 pm

Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Someone from the club, think it may have been Dewsnip did say promotion wasn't a priority this year. Unbelievable but true.


“Welcome aboard, Saxon.”

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip added: “We’re absolutely delighted that Saxon has agreed to join us, to help our promotion push for the rest of this season, and also to add value to the football club over the next few seasons as a minimum.”

What a bizarre thing to say ... "to add value to the football club"  very crass.

I think what he meant was Saxon could develop and be worth a lot of money to Argyle in the future.

Well that's a possibility with any young player but I'd prefer it went unsaid by senior club officials.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2290
Join date : 2021-12-06

Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 6:14 pm

according to rumours we are interested in a midfielder from Tranmere called Josh Hawkes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Saxon Signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saxon Signs   Saxon Signs Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Saxon Signs
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Saxon Earley ruled out for three months
» Injury updates on Saxon Earley, Brendan Galloway and Macaulay Gillesphey
» Hourihane signs up
» Griffiths Signs
» New Striker signs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: