Greenskin
Les Miserable
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Cooper should've probably saved that equaliser, good job harve isn't on here ... or is he Cool
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:01 pm

For fooooooks saaaaaaaakkkkkkeeeeeee. What's happening to our team? Schuey out, Hallett out, tits out ect. Ect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:02 pm

we blew this game after doing well to get back into it after Hardie and Ennis came on... Why so much time wasting ffs

Edwards fought well today as did Randall  Miller looks like hes going to be useful once hes match fit. Hardie and Ennis really changed our fortunes but in truth we kept dangling carrots after the second goal and we paid for it in the extra time of extra time due to time wasting from us. Tough conditions playing at Burton but never the less we should have seen this result out. Hopefully we dont look back on this result as one that costs us down the road.

Not a good result as Ipswich won and again its vital that squad is added too in jan as its not strong enough to sustain a promotion push.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:04 pm

Looks like Ipswich will leapfrog us pretty soon, only brightside is that Peterborough, Pompey, Wednesday and Derby can all be a bit shite as well. Fecking annoyed about dropping two points to one of the shittest teams in league 1, serves us right we shouldn't have let them take the lead in the first place.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:17 pm

Absolutely ridiculous refereeing decision cost us that game. Galloway was fouled, their player went down holding his head, instead of giving the foul the referee for some reason gave the ball to Burton as an uncontested drop, bearing in mind this was well over a minute past the 6 mins.

That was one of any number of terrible decisions.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:26 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
For fooooooks saaaaaaaakkkkkkeeeeeee. What's happening to our team? Schuey out, Hallett out, tits out ect. Ect.
Get the cheque book OUT 😁
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:29 pm

Can’t expect to win games when you literally don’t turn up till the 2nd half kicks off.

It has been well over a month since we’ve put together a convincing 90 minutes performance.

Miller coming on was a boost. Mayor back soon will be another, but something needs to change. We are a scalp for everyone now, and we are struggling to rise to that challenge.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Can’t expect to win games when you literally don’t turn up till the 2nd half kicks off.

It has been well over a month since we’ve put together a convincing 90 minutes performance.

Miller coming on was a boost. Mayor back soon will be another, but something needs to change. We are a scalp for everyone now, and we are struggling to rise to that challenge.
the Azaz injury was the kick up bollox since he got injured it’s seems it’s been down hill ever since a big miss
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:51 pm

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, was Shuey's managerial extension a tad premature?

Just saying, init!

Pfft, I'm to the Royal Oak, Meavy to talk about sheep, beef prices and Massey Fergusons - and of course consume lashings of frothing ale.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 6:25 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

the Azaz injury was the kick up bollox since he got injured it’s seems it’s been down hill ever since a big miss

The defence has been woeful for ever it seems, we get away with it when Azaz and the bheys are firing on all cylinders when they aren't the defence is shocking I wonder if that is where Sigh should be spending although I reckon I will spend more than Sigh in the January sales when I buy a new washing machine.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 9:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The defence has been woeful for ever it seems, we get away with it when Azaz and the bheys are firing on all cylinders when they aren't the defence is shocking I wonder if that is where Sigh should be spending although I reckon I will spend more than Sigh in the January sales when I buy a new washing machine.
defence was shocking we had 7 players behind the ball for there first one & there equaliser even more shocking 4 free headers in the box unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 10:14 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

defence was shocking we had 7 players behind the ball for there first one & there equaliser even more shocking 4 free headers in the box unbelievable

Yep, the lack of a commanding centre back who can actually win a fecking ball in the air cost Argyle dear today-where was Wilson, injured or suspended presumably? Should be one of the areas to be addressed in January-signing a CB of the right quality isn't going to be easy at that time of the season but any promotion chasing team just can't afford to give away two goals per game from simple balls bombed into the box. Superb goal from Mumba though, Argyle at their precise and pacy best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 10:29 pm

why did Wilson miss today btw i didnt catch as to why? gilesphrey playing the full game after 7 weeks out im sire wouldnt have happen if we had a defender on the bench.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 am

Two poor goals to concede and two points binned, which may or may not prove very costly - football innit, bring on the next game.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 9:06 am

Still top of the League, still picking up points and on course for promotion while some of our most influential players are sidelined.

Not a lot to worry about in my book.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 12:38 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Still top of the League, still picking up points and on course for promotion while some of our most influential players are sidelined.

First shot on goal was Hardies pen on 57 minutes and dropped points to second bottom in league. Two very soft goals conceded mounting injury list not a reason for hysteria but if alarm bells aren't ringing in Schueys ears he needs a clump round the head.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 12:56 pm

Miller gets sort of 'fit' again so now it's Wilson's turn to take up his place on the long term injured list along with Mayor, Scarr, Bolton, Azaz and Grant.  Someone needs to investigate why we're getting all these long term injuries.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 1:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

First shot on goal was Hardies pen on 57 minutes and dropped points to second bottom in league. Two very soft goals conceded mounting injury list not a reason for hysteria but if alarm bells aren't ringing in Schueys ears he needs a clump round the head.

So we are playing poorly?

But still picking up points at a rate needed to secure automatic promotion (Win our home games, draw away games would see us finish with 97 points)

Still top of the League.

No need for alarm bells imo.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 3:41 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Two poor goals to concede and two points binned, which may or may not prove very costly - football innit, bring on the next game.
shocking defending for both there goals the first one we had 7 players in and around the six yard box plus cooper could have done better tbh …but the equaliser don’t give me the crap about the foul /drop ball you play to the refs whistle …but to give them 4 FREE HEADERS IN BOX ffs even schoolboy defending They don’t make mistakes like that ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING DEFENDING defending starting to get shit again needs to be addressed yet again
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 6:18 pm

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
shocking defending for both there goals the first one we had 7 players in and around the six yard box plus cooper could have done better tbh …but the equaliser don’t give me the crap about the foul /drop ball you play to the refs whistle …but to give them 4 FREE HEADERS IN BOX ffs even schoolboy defending They don’t make mistakes like that ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING DEFENDING defending starting to get shit again needs to be addressed yet again
Agree Reg.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 6:48 pm

He had no chance for the 1st but should've done better for the 2nd
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 12:52 pm

I see Schuey has been charged by the FA following the Burton game, under rule E3, whatever that is.

Presumably comments about the ref. although there was nothing in his post match interview that warranted a charge. I suppose a different opinion these days isn't allowed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 7:34 pm

You can criticize any player why not the Ref? I know they are trying to get more respect in the game and assaulting the ref or even threatening them is not on but I doubt Schuey advised him to watch his fooking back or anything like it. It would help their case if refs don't didn't revel in being such twats, I knew a lower league fer once and his main job was as a traffic warden and he was also a special police man. Not the sort of guy you want to get stuck with at a party foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Argyle    Burton v Argyle  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burton v Argyle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2