Angry
Greenskin
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Gas v Class - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 9:53 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
If we can avoid Bolton in the semi’s then there’s potentially a huge Wembley crowd if we play them in the final.

we wouldnt play them its a north/south divide till the final for this competition. Get them in the final if we and they get there agreed it would be a huge crowd.

There's no regional divide now. Portsmouth were at Bolton tonight, and Cheltenham played Salford.

Anyhoo, decent performance on a tricky pitch. Never looked like losing to be honest.

Matate looks a good signing.

they must have changed it then :O ok i stand corrected
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 10:05 pm

Good win, in the SFs now. Just need to draw Cheltenham or Accrington
at home and a real chance of making the final.

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 10:10 pm

Efficient performance only one team in it, well done bheys
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2023 10:11 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
If we can avoid Bolton in the semi’s then there’s potentially a huge Wembley crowd if we play them in the final.

we wouldnt play them its a north/south divide till the final for this competition. Get them in the final if we and they get there agreed it would be a huge crowd.

There's no regional divide now. Portsmouth were at Bolton tonight, and Cheltenham played Salford.

Anyhoo, decent performance on a tricky pitch. Never looked like losing to be honest.

Matate looks a good signing.

First 45 mins was the most dominant half I’ve seen in a long long time. Could and should have been home and hosed by then.

Agree about Matate too. Sunderland must have some squad to let him go.

Home to Accy or Cheltenham in the semi’s please.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 3:45 am

As we edge closer to the final in the tin pot
I’ve boycotted this competition from the very start like a few others
So if we got to the final i for one wouldn’t go out of principal and would be very hypocritical to do so basically the Competition in my opinion should be used just to give squad players a run out & for 1st team players coming back from injuries
As with not got No reserve team football no more which might be a idea to bring
It back locally for instance for south west clubs of all leagues even for one lower in the pyramid as well maybe
Attendances for these games have been piss poor anyway  but would be intresting to see just how many jizzers suddenly change there mind & principals
When they suddenly get a sniff of Wembley be very interesting to see just how many would go and change there mind & principals though
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 11:02 am

if by some miracle we manage to win both the league and the pizza trophy where would that place Schuey in the table of our best manager of all time in your opinion.

Have we ever done a "double" before in our history?

btw Reg, i agree with you on the reserve football stance its benefits would help not just the first team but the youth team too so i hope no matter what our fate is this season the club address this and bring it back even if its a friendly every 2-3 weeks thats better than no football.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 12:25 pm

RegGreen wrote:
So if we got to the final i for one wouldn’t go out of principal and would be very hypocritical to do so basically the Competition in my opinion should be used just to give squad players a run out & for 1st team players coming back from injuries
It back locally for instance for south west clubs of all leagues even for one lower in the pyramid as well maybe
Attendances for these games have been piss poor anyway  but would be intresting to see just how many jizzers suddenly change there mind & principals
When they suddenly get a sniff of Wembley be very interesting to see just how many would go and change there mind & principals though

If Argyle get a home draw in SFs, the crowd be a decent one no doubt and if a trip to Wembley was achieved, then a fair few would go for a day out in London and a chance to win some silverware.

Fair shout to the 600+ Argyle that went last night.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 12:42 pm

RegGreen wrote:

Not really any difference between people showing an interest in a Cup when things are looking good, to people all of a sudden going to a few games when it looked like we may be promoted last year?

I wouldn’t really call it a boycott. More so being selective and a tad fairweather innit.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 12:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Not really any difference between people showing an interest in a Cup when things are looking good, to people all of a sudden going to a few games when it looked like we may be promoted last year?

I wouldn’t really call it a boycott. More so being selective and a tad fairweather innit.

I disagree, look at all the chatter about the PJ from it's inception not only on here but on any messageboard in the country the main gripe was that we in the lower leagues we lost our reserve team league and the prem got an extra competition to blood their youngsters, it was seen as favouring them not us. The only thing that has changed is that we and other league 1 teams have done well and the prem have done shite.
As Angers said we really have done well and credit to Schuey and the bheys but I will continue to boycott it and save myself for the playoffs, after Wombledon I hope I never have to be there ever again.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 1:52 pm

At least Argyle shut Barton up last night. Roll on the league game at Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 3:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

I disagree, look at all the chatter about the PJ from it's inception not only on here but on any messageboard in the country the main gripe was that we in the lower leagues we lost our reserve team league and the prem got an extra competition to blood their youngsters, it was seen as favouring them not us. The only thing that has changed is that we and other league 1 teams have done well and the prem have done shite.
As Angers said we really have done well and credit to Schuey and the bheys but I will continue to boycott it and save myself for the playoffs, after Wombledon I hope I never have to be there ever again.

Geddon. You’ll be there at Wembley with your half n half scarf. Basketball
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 4:54 pm

Angry wrote:
if by some miracle we manage to win both the league and the pizza trophy where would that place Schuey in the table of our best manager of all time in your opinion.

Have we ever done a "double" before in our history?

btw Reg, i agree with you on the reserve football stance its benefits would help not just the first team but the youth team too so i hope no matter what our fate is this season the club address this and bring it back even if its a friendly every 2-3 weeks thats better than no football.
surely it’s in Schuey best intrested to get the club up and focus on winning the title and still go on to be one of our best managers in history anyway he gets us up and stay up on the kind of money the board will put in the team if we do stay up will be close to a miracle anyway ..so how would this pan out we don’t go up for some reason cos we took our eye off the boil with the tin pot how would you / us /me feel.
I for one would be extremely gutted and wouldn’t want to be flag waving at the tin pot as some kind of consolation instead ..it’s kind of hypocritical in my opinion the fans didn’t want to grace the earlier rounds to just show up at Wembley in there hoards saying never mind were punching above our weight when we should have focused 100% on what really mattered instead from the start our fans are to easily pleased that’s the problem through lack of success like the tin pot when we should expect more a lot more as a football club the days of the shyster are over when fans were told to be just greatful instead
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 5:20 pm

Obviously it's down to the individual, but if your club is playing in a cup final at Wembley, possibly a once in a lifetime chance, no matter what the competition, it seems odd to choose not to go.

Anyway, have to get there first.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 5:40 pm

I’ve watched all the matches on Argyle TV and if we get to Wembley I’ll be there, because quite frankly at my time of life the amount of times that Argyle May get there are fast running out for me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 6:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

No I really won't, if anyone else wants to that's up to them. There is a more honest thread on PASOTI titled "hypocrite" the author is poking fun at himself and taking one on the chin admitting he's always boycotted it but like he says we don't often get a chance of silverware so he will boycott the boycott, and I think most will.
Believe it or not there are the odd ones among us that still have principles.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 7:41 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

No I really won't, if anyone else wants to that's up to them. There is a more honest thread on PASOTI titled "hypocrite" the author is poking fun at himself and taking one on the chin admitting he's always boycotted it but like he says we don't often get a chance of silverware so he will boycott the boycott, and I think most will.

Oh there are some that will take a genuinely principled stance.

If someone had been to every league game, and then stated they were boycotting the Papa even if we got to the final, due to Prem teams being in it, then I’d respect them as being truly principled.

Most other scenarios don’t really fall into the ‘principled’ bracket.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2023 9:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Oh there are some that will take a genuinely principled stance.

If someone had been to every league game, and then stated they were boycotting the Papa even if we got to the final, due to Prem teams being in it, then I’d respect them as being truly principled.

Most other scenarios don’t really fall into the ‘principled’ bracket.

YNAPF innit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas v Class   Gas v Class - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas v Class
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5