Les Miserable
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Like Owls to the slaughter. Not sure how we won that? Hardie lit the place up after a pinpoint cross from Azaz (I think?) But 3 minutes later all square. Cooper kept us in it tbf to him. They were causing us massive problems down our left second half and Shoey swapped Houghton for Lonwic and fecked and f I could hear who else but it worked real well, we should have been 3 1 down in the second half but we hung on and when we bought Ennis and Cosgrove on after a few minutes Wednesday were hanging on for dear life. We were sat in 20 so couldn't really see the goal mouth action but other end were sure Cosgrove's first header over the line, no doubt with his second, quality goal and quality player, Wednesday are a big side and he matched them up well. That was one of the best games I've ever been to, not in terms of non stop action but the end of the match winner to silence the fans of one of the best teams in the league made it special.
Think I've got arc eye cream m that fecking telly. I hate it, I was watching it looking for replays not seeing them and missing real play. It's just a distraction really really bright and covered with filthy pbay adverts at the end.
Skinny must have been going mad when he saw the road crews at the George. cheers not even a diversion killed the mood. Great night out.

WTF was that all about? Tried three times to get on the Tavvy road at Derriford roundabout and had to go down to Tamerton in the end-just said road closed, no diverted traffic signs or anything. Got through no problem at all on the way down, is it something to do with the road widening scheme?

Just tarmacing it would seem, we drove down  Loosely Lane then up Southway drive to the George which was fine, it was the piece between George and Powislwnd drive at derriford they were doing.

Absolutely fantastic night out, didn't quite understand what they were doing with their subs can only assume Bannan had asked to come off because he was controlling the game up to that point. There really isn't a better player in the division. 

Our subs once again changed the game, Houghton steadied the ship as up to then our passing was sloppy and Cosgrove once again put himself about. Couldn't comment on the first head, it looked over as the defender had hooked the ball off the underside of the crossbar but couldn't tell from my seat. Looked a definite penalty but no question about the winner!

A couple of gripes, we are still truly shocking from the dead ball. We seem to come out from the break asleep and it takes the subs to liven things up and we seem vulnerable to the counter attack. How they didn't score a 2nd is beyond me, although Cooper once again proved the difference!

Not even an unscheduled tour of Estover on the way home dampened the mood.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 9:56 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Like Owls to the slaughter. Not sure how we won that? Hardie lit the place up after a pinpoint cross from Azaz (I think?) But 3 minutes later all square. Cooper kept us in it tbf to him. They were causing us massive problems down our left second half and Shoey swapped Houghton for Lonwic and fecked and f I could hear who else but it worked real well, we should have been 3 1 down in the second half but we hung on and when we bought Ennis and Cosgrove on after a few minutes Wednesday were hanging on for dear life. We were sat in 20 so couldn't really see the goal mouth action but other end were sure Cosgrove's first header over the line, no doubt with his second, quality goal and quality player, Wednesday are a big side and he matched them up well. That was one of the best games I've ever been to, not in terms of non stop action but the end of the match winner to silence the fans of one of the best teams in the league made it special.
Think I've got arc eye cream m that fecking telly. I hate it, I was watching it looking for replays not seeing them and missing real play. It's just a distraction really really bright and covered with filthy pbay adverts at the end.
Skinny must have been going mad when he saw the road crews at the George. cheers not even a diversion killed the mood. Great night out.

WTF was that all about? Tried three times to get on the Tavvy road at Derriford roundabout and had to go down to Tamerton in the end-just said road closed, no diverted traffic signs or anything. Got through no problem at all on the way down, is it something to do with the road widening scheme?

Just tarmacing it would seem, we drove down  Loosely Lane then up Southway drive to the George which was fine, it was the piece between George and Powislwnd drive at derriford they were doing.

Absolutely fantastic night out, didn't quite understand what they were doing with their subs can only assume Bannan had asked to come off because he was controlling the game up to that point. There really isn't a better player in the division. 

Our subs once again changed the game, Houghton steadied the ship as up to then our passing was sloppy and Cosgrove once again put himself about. Couldn't comment on the first head, it looked over as the defender had hooked the ball off the underside of the crossbar but couldn't tell from my seat. Looked a definite penalty but no question about the winner!

A couple of gripes, we are still truly shocking from the dead ball. We seem to come out from the break asleep and it takes the subs to liven things up and we seem vulnerable to the counter attack. How they didn't score a 2nd is beyond me, although Cooper once again proved the difference!

Owls fans on their forum are slagging Moores decision to sub Bannan and Windass as costing them the game and it's hard to argue with that. We did ride our luck at times but when we went for it at the end they just buckled under the pressure and sat further and further back all the time. Sure they may have made a break via Bannan but Ennis was terrorizing them relentlessly. They all picked out Whitiiker as our main threat along with Azaz, Whitiiker has turned out the be a great signing with Hardie been Ng his usual hard work and dangerous self. As you said Cosgrove is a real handful and made a huge difference against a quite big Wednesday side. T looked to me like a definite pen when he had both legs chopped from under him crossing the box. Grinding out wins against sides you maybe should have lost against isn't a bad habit to be getting though. Our main downside is giving the ball away cheaply.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 10:30 am

I was in block 7 so had a perfect veiw of the over the line shout, I'm still not sure tbh, and the pen shout, I've definitely seen them given, especially in front of a baying home crowd ... but nonetheless a fantastic 3 points against a very decent team at this level, we weren't at our best but our dogged persistence paid off, along with a bit of luck and decent goalkeeping. Not a fan of the dumbotron at all and it's position in the stadium is criminal. Hallett out
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 11:12 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Owls fans on their forum are slagging Moores decision to sub Bannan and Windass as costing them the game and it's hard to argue with that. We did ride our luck at times but when we went for it at the end they just buckled under the pressure and sat further and further back all the time. Sure they may have made a break via Bannan but Ennis was terrorizing them relentlessly. They all picked out Whitiiker as our main threat along with Azaz, Whitiiker has turned out the be a great signing with Hardie been Ng his usual hard work and dangerous self. As you said Cosgrove is a real handful and made a huge difference against a quite big Wednesday side. T looked to me like a definite pen when he had both legs chopped from under him crossing the box. Grinding out wins against sides you maybe should have lost against isn't a bad habit to be getting though. Our main downside is giving the ball away cheaply.

The physio came on for Bannan 10 mins earlier so he must have had taken a knock. Also good to see Ennis bang in form again.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 1:28 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Regretting not going now, the idea of seeing Wednesday again put me off a bit, was quite a game from watching it on the radio. Good times are definitely back at The Theatre of greens.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I was in block 7 so had a perfect veiw of the over the line shout, I'm still not sure tbh, and the pen shout, I've definitely seen them given, especially in front of a baying home crowd ... but nonetheless a fantastic 3 points against a very decent team at this level, we weren't at our best but our dogged persistence paid off, along with a bit of luck and decent goalkeeping. Not a fan of the dumbotron at all and it's position in the stadium is criminal. Hallett out

That massive telly is brighter than the floodlights and really distracting, I hate it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 4:11 pm

A win is a win, so I will take it with both hands. We have had a tough old start and have come through it with flying colours. It's the lesser and lower teams Argyle face now.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 5:33 pm

Brilliant game and really fantastic atmosphere, i thought for most of the game sheffield were the best side but hey ho we got the win........ cosmic. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 8:12 pm

Matchday moments:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still not conclusive even after slowing it down on youtube but very difficult to see how you can put a ball against the underside of the bar at the angle/trajectory that the ball followed without it having crossed the line. Could have done with a linesman from Azerbaijan really.

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 9:20 am

Greenskin wrote:
Matchday moments:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still not conclusive even after slowing it down on youtube but very difficult to see how you can put a ball against the underside of the bar at the angle/trajectory that the ball followed without it having crossed the line. Could have done with a linesman from Azerbaijan really.

Slowing it down myself it's hard to say the whole of the ball crossed the line for sure, even the though the defender has cleared it via the underside of the crossbar. Some in 7/8 certain it had crossed the line and the players seemed very sure but it has to be the whole of the ball and I just don't think it was clear cut enough to give.

Also to the penalty looked stonewall at the time, looked pretty clear watching back.

Finally how good was that pass from Azaz for the opener?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Wednesday    Argyle v Wednesday  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Wednesday
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2