Earwegoagain
Clodagh Rubbish
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 8:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I’m just wondering which player do you drop, given that these players have got us to the top of the league, to accommodate a player that doesn’t want to be here?

And add to that we’re two months into the League season and Camara ain’t contributed a minute, yet.

The player most likely to have missed out would be Randell, who is getting better and better with every game.

It’s actually looking like one of the best transfers Argyle have ever been forced into. sunny sunny sunny

Ok so if you re write what I said then makes perfect sense. Also let's not forget Pan had signed up to this season of his own free will. You don't need to drop anyone if we get three injuries to say Hardie, Edwards and Mumba or Azaz. It's about having a squad not a team and I don't know why any football fan would argue against us having a squad with depth? last season it cost us the playoffs this year it could cost us promotion but hey money in the bank is more highly rated it would seem?

Prediction time....

6th May 16.50pm

Argyle aren’t promoted.

Everything else will be irrelevant. Argyle didn’t go up ‘cos Hallett sold Pan. bom
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 8:45 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I’m just wondering which player do you drop, given that these players have got us to the top of the league, to accommodate a player that doesn’t want to be here?

And add to that we’re two months into the League season and Camara ain’t contributed a minute, yet.

The player most likely to have missed out would be Randell, who is getting better and better with every game.

It’s actually looking like one of the best transfers Argyle have ever been forced into. sunny sunny sunny

Ok so if you re write what I said then makes perfect sense. Also let's not forget Pan had signed up to this season of his own free will. You don't need to drop anyone if we get three injuries to say Hardie, Edwards and Mumba or Azaz. It's about having a squad not a team and I don't know why any football fan would argue against us having a squad with depth? last season it cost us the playoffs this year it could cost us promotion but hey money in the bank is more highly rated it would seem?

Prediction time....

6th May 16.50pm

Argyle aren’t promoted.

Everything else will be irrelevant. Argyle didn’t go up ‘cos Hallett sold Pan. bom

No Argyle didn't go up because Sigh didn't use any of the £10.8m in the bank (including the new Yank money) to provide enough strength in the squad to get over the line. Fair enough if we didn't have the money but carry on defending the indefensible.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 8:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Must say that karma does cross the mind when thinking about Ipswich unloading a player with a career ending skull weakness on Argyle as part of the Mariner deal. John Peddelty was the half time guest last Sunday, good player but a serious problem up top was not really a major asset for a centre back, to say the least. Not that there's any malevolent desire to see Pan go the same way of course, hope he recovers and goes on to a long and successful career.

Interesting question about who's place he would take. Squad game these days and it probably wouldn't be a question of like for like replacement, certainly don't think that the Argyle management would object to the availability of a strong running and industrious midfield player to either start matches or to come off the bench-maybe Azaz wouldn't have been signed if Pan had stayed, who knows. Argyle are top at the moment and long may it continue but the proof of the pudding will come over the next 36 games as to the wisdom or otherwise of selling what most people involved in the division seemed to think of as a major asset, although there is of course the January window to come. With a bit of cash apparently in the bank and gates likely to be healthy, hopefully the higher powers would be helpful to the manager should he think that some additions are needed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 9:26 am

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Must say that karma does cross the mind when thinking about Ipswich unloading a player with a career ending skull weakness on Argyle as part of the Mariner deal. John Peddelty was the half time guest last Sunday, good player but a serious problem up top was not really a major asset for a centre back, to say the least. Not that there's any malevolent desire to see Pan go the same way of course, hope he recovers and goes on to a long and successful career.

Interesting question about who's place he would take. Squad game these days and it probably wouldn't be a question of like for like replacement, certainly don't think that the Argyle management would object to the availability of a strong running and industrious midfield player to either start matches or to come off the bench-maybe Azaz wouldn't have been signed if Pan had stayed, who knows. Argyle are top at the moment and long may it continue but the proof of the pudding will come over the next 36 games as to the wisdom or otherwise of selling what most people involved in the division seemed to think of as a major asset, although there is of course the January window to come. With a bit of cash apparently in the bank and gates likely to be healthy, hopefully the higher powers would be helpful to the manager should he think that some additions are needed.

Yeah I think what’s encouraging right now is that we evidently (from the calibre of players brought in) seem to be shopping at a clearly higher level than last season.

I don’t think anyone truly expects Argyle to maintain their current position, but I’m not sure I can ever remember a season where such a number of loans have come in, and almost to a man, have been so impressive thus far.

Breath of fresh air to see Argyle moving with the times, and a big tick in the box for the data analytics and new Head of Recruitment guy, Jimmy Dickinson.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 3:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Peddelty sustained his head injury after he joined Argyle, not before.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 5:36 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

He fractured his skull playing for Ipswich which left him with a weakness which was only discovered when he sustained a further injury at Argyle and was so serious that he was forced to retire at 22-see GOS. Does make you wonder what the Argyle medical staff were about.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 9:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

He fractured his skull playing for Ipswich which left him with a weakness which was only discovered when he sustained a further injury at Argyle and was so serious that he was forced to retire at 22-see GOS. Does make you wonder what the Argyle medical staff were about.

Different times completely, he probably took the doctor out for eight pints and a few whiskey chasers instead of having a checkup then played the game an hour later.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 11:11 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Different times completely, he probably took the doctor out for eight pints and a few whiskey chasers instead of having a checkup then played the game an hour later.

I'm reminded of the story of John Wark's "Medical" prior to joining Liverpool, in which he claimed he had his blood pressure taken, was told to touch his toes before being told he'd passed!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 11:00 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Can't see anywhere where it says we have cash to spend on the team, only infrastructure, I guess that means seats, tellies and car parks? I await some clever fooker to tell me where I am reading it wrong?
Highest revenue ever, £6.8m cash surplus and a team of loanees. Good job we sold Pan when we did.

I know, isn't it terrible that you know we've £6.8 million cash at bank. Ian Newell didn't want to know the i"ns and outs of cats arse either".

Bring back Brent!!

You're being silly now. For starters the accounts show there was no need at all to sell Pan. We have a team that if you take away the loanees is pretty threadbare, we have a long season ahead and it would be a miracle to get through without injuries yet people are applauding having a big savings account? Like Grovey said we are a football club not a savings bank. If ever we were in a.position to really go for promotion we are there right now, but why would we want that?
I think I'm the only football fan on here sometimes.

Wise words. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 3:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Can't see anywhere where it says we have cash to spend on the team, only infrastructure, I guess that means seats, tellies and car parks? I await some clever fooker to tell me where I am reading it wrong?
Highest revenue ever, £6.8m cash surplus and a team of loanees. Good job we sold Pan when we did.

I know, isn't it terrible that you know we've £6.8 million cash at bank. Ian Newell didn't want to know the i"ns and outs of cats arse either".

Bring back Brent!!

You're being silly now. For starters the accounts show there was no need at all to sell Pan. We have a team that if you take away the loanees is pretty threadbare, we have a long season ahead and it would be a miracle to get through without injuries yet people are applauding having a big savings account? Like Grovey said we are a football club not a savings bank. If ever we were in a.position to really go for promotion we are there right now, but why would we want that?

Wise words. cheers

may not have been a need bt if the guy doesnt want to be here and ois out of contract on top of being injured it would make more sense to cash in then rather than let him walk for free like the club has done with alot of talent over the years better than Camara and where would the business and the fotball logic be in that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 3:16 pm

What I said on October 3rd is as true today as it was then. Disregard Pan if you oike but red what else I said around that time, more egg on the yes bheys faces than mine.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 4:05 pm

Don't forget that Argyle have signed two prospects this week so perhaps the overall quality of the squad has risen and MW was never going to be at Home Park next season anyway.

I don't think anyone can deny that the current squad is superior to the one Lowe left us with so we just need to hope the recruitment team continue to do their stuff. As long as the squad improves in each window, that's all we can ask for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 5:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
What I said on October 3rd is as true today as it was then. Disregard Pan if you oike but red what else I said around that time, more egg on the yes bheys faces than mine.

we wont clearly agree on how to have dealt with pan's reject of a contract here but i genuinely dont see your pov of keeping him here regardless and letting him walk for free? its not good business nor good football logic when you have a player who clearly doesnt want to stay. No club would tolerate that rich or poor.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2023 10:22 pm

Man united certainly didn’t tolerate CR and his games.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 8:40 am

Disregard what I said about Pan and read the rest, you would struggle to argue with it.

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 12:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
 Disregard what I said about Pan and read the rest, you would struggle to argue with it.

I don’t think anybody’s applauding a decent bank account more to do with operating to sound financial common sense, which in Camara’s case also applies.
If we’d offered him a new contract for say 8k a week which is £768, 000 over 2 years, one year we would have paid him £384, 000 for doing virtually sod all, I’m not sure how the club can be criticised for getting rid of him.
As to him being one of our better players, I ask again what criteria do you use to make that assumption?

I’ve watched Argyle since the 59/60 season and the only transferred players I’ve ever got the hump about is Tynan and Mariner.
Camara’s history, Whittaker is history for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 2:09 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I don’t think anybody’s applauding a decent bank account more to do with operating to sound financial common sense, which in Camara’s case also applies.
If we’d offered him a new contract for say 8k a week which is £768, 000 over 2 years, one year we would have paid him £384, 000 for doing virtually sod all, I’m not sure how the club can be criticised for getting rid of him.
As to him being one of our better players, I ask again what criteria do you use to make that assumption?

I’ve watched Argyle since the 59/60 season and the only transferred players I’ve ever got the hump about is Tynan and Mariner.

Read the first line," Disregard what I said about Pan and read the rest, you would struggle to argue with it." And I only made the point about the bank account because other posters remarked on it including Grovey. That thread was from October. Try reading it again.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 9:00 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

PL say Argyle made improved loan agreement at first but Swansea refused, Argyle then made a permanent move attempt for MW but Swansea refused.

Shuey says they may make a move for him if promoted and he is available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 9:10 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

PL say Argyle made improved loan agreement at first but Swansea refused, Argyle then made a permanent move attempt for MW but Swansea refused.

providing he hasnt moved on since.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 7:19 am

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

providing he hasnt moved on since.
just heard a shoe E on Radio Devon sounds to like they done everythink they could to renegotiate a LOAN Deal but regarding a permanent move sounds like they offered them a piss poor deal to otherwise they would have accepted because he was saying he was gutted about and was happy here at Argyle so make off that what you will ..if there was even a offer made full stop but after hearing that interview Im slightly sceptical
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 8:07 am

Argo have to pay the going rate for Championship standard players.  And Whittaker is very much Championship standard - I don't believe for one second that Whittaker is way down the pecking order at Swansea on ability, there will be another reason he went out of favour.  I fully expect him to go to another top end L1 or maybe Championship club this window.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 11:49 am

Heard that Argyle offered £800,000 for MW but Swansea refused because Sunderland are considering offering £1.5 million. If that is true, then fair shout to Argyle for offering that much.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 11:00 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Heard that Argyle offered £800,000 for MW but Swansea refused because Sunderland are considering offering £1.5 million. If that is true, then fair shout to Argyle for offering that much.

knowing that that 800k would get knocked back anyway the board would have shit pants if Swansea would have actually took the offer lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 2:09 pm

Great  to see Si, giving shooeee top backing and letting him bring four quality players to the club, a far cry from the Brentmare days of signing job seekers after the window closed.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Very Happy Very Happy
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Great  to see Si, giving shooeee top backing and letting him bring four quality players to the club, a far cry from the Brentmare days of signing job seekers after the window closed.

I think you mean crocked job seekers Suffs. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC FInancial Statement
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2