Grovehill
Earwegoagain
Clodagh Rubbish
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Clodagh Rubbish

PAFC FInancial Statement Empty
PostSubject: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 10:04 am

Released just now 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't find the section detailing the strategy of selling Panutche Camara so Sigh could spend it all on new seats and a big screen, perhaps its in the unredacted statement
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 10:14 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Released just now 

Can't find the section detailing the strategy of selling Panutche Camara so Sigh could spend it all on new seats and a big screen, perhaps its in the unredacted statement

Says more about you than me then, it should be obvious to anybody with even a modicum of intelligence. If Brent had done it you all would have gone mental, in fact you all should have gone mental.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 12:01 pm

Can't see anywhere where it says we have cash to spend on the team, only infrastructure, I guess that means seats, tellies and car parks? I await some clever fooker to tell me where I am reading it wrong?
Highest revenue ever, £6.8m cash surplus and a team of loanees. Good job we sold Pan when we did.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 1:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Can't see anywhere where it says we have cash to spend on the team, only infrastructure, I guess that means seats, tellies and car parks? I await some clever fooker to tell me where I am reading it wrong?
Highest revenue ever, £6.8m cash surplus and a team of loanees. Good job we sold Pan when we did.

Over 6 million quid sat in a Bank Account! Probably getting 0.25% interest, what good is that? Thought St Simon was a shrewd banker?

Does he not understand that the whole point of a football Club is to try to win games, not squirrel away cash?

We must be the Man Utd of League 1- owner more interested in pounds than points.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 3:13 pm

Classic ATD. cheers

Hallett needs to be having a word with the team. Fookin disgrace being in a stable financial position, and looking at the league table, having more points than pounds.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 3:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Released just now 

Says more about you than me then, it should be obvious to anybody with even a modicum of intelligence. If Brent had done it you all would have gone mental, in fact you all should have gone mental.

You've lost me now.

If Brent had done what?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 3:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

I know, isn't it terrible that you know we've £6.8 million cash at bank. Ian Newell didn't want to know the i"ns and outs of cats arse either".

Bring back Brent!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 4:42 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I know, isn't it terrible that you know we've £6.8 million cash at bank. Ian Newell didn't want to know the i"ns and outs of cats arse either".

Bring back Brent!!

You're being silly now. For starters the accounts show there was no need at all to sell Pan. We have a team that if you take away the loanees is pretty threadbare, we have a long season ahead and it would be a miracle to get through without injuries yet people are applauding having a big savings account? Like Grovey said we are a football club not a savings bank. If ever we were in a.position to really go for promotion we are there right now, but why would we want that?
I think I'm the only football fan on here sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 4:44 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Released just now 

You've lost me now.

If Brent had done what?

I'll spell it out in capitals try reading it slowly,
SELLING PAN WHEN WE DIDN'T NEED THE MONEY.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 6:33 pm

The money sat in the bank is fairly close to a whole season's gate receipts.

Hope everyone who's paid to go into Home Park in the last year is happy to know their cash is being put to such "good" use.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 6:37 pm

Everyone seems to be missing the Elephant in the room.

Hallett made his fortune by investing other people's money for them.

So why is it that his own business (PAFC) has cash in the Bank rather than being invested by such an expert?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 7:04 pm

Sorry, can no longer be arsed reading clubs accounts. Does the cash rich position include the new Yanks investment to sort out the grandstand feck up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 8:17 pm

so what is it in a nutshell? can we afford to put the heating on over the winter months and feast of roast turkey at christmas or no?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 8:19 pm

green_genie wrote:
Sorry,  can no longer be arsed reading clubs accounts.  Does the cash rich position include the new Yanks investment to sort out the grandstand feck up?

By the looks of it we had £6.8m last year at end of financial year as well as this year, so it would appear the £4m goes on top of that.

I read somewhere, can’t remember if it was on ATD, about Prestons accounts and their financial position. The family that own them has to put in £12m of their own cash every year to keep them operating in the Championship. Staying competitive in that league is very expensive by all accounts, so if we could somehow get there without throwing stupid money at players who incidentally, don’t want to be here, that £6.8m would get swallowed pretty quick.

That is completely lost on some people, mind.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 8:46 pm

Top of the League, money in the bank, supporters as Chairman and wife.

Top young manager, academy players coming through.

I Predict A Riot
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 8:03 am

Czarcasm wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Sorry,  can no longer be arsed reading clubs accounts.  Does the cash rich position include the new Yanks investment to sort out the grandstand feck up?

By the looks of it we had £6.8m last year at end of financial year as well as this year, so it would appear the £4m goes on top of that.

I read somewhere, can’t remember if it was on ATD,  about Prestons accounts and their financial position. The family that own them has to put in £12m of their own cash every year to keep them operating in the Championship. Staying competitive in that league is very expensive by all accounts, so if we could somehow get there without throwing stupid money at players who incidentally, don’t want to be here, that £6.8m would get swallowed pretty quick.

That is completely lost on some people, mind.  

What has been forgotten very quickly is how quickly we fell apart when Pan, Hardie and Edwards were injured at the end of last season. All I have asked for is that the chairman backs the team with money that we have in the bank (I,m still pissed about selling Pan but that is done) what will happen is that several posters will try and twist what I've said into something completely different because Hallet is better than Brent and I don't understand things like you all do.
If we do go up I think we would be lucky to stay there but what would rather have, a promotion and a year in the CCC or cash in the bank?
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 12:14 pm

Dear Mr Hallet. Can we now have a corner? please? Just one! preferably to cover up that perennial disgrace known as Bobby's garden.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Released just now 

You've lost me now.

If Brent had done what?

I'll spell it out in capitals try reading it slowly,
SELLING PAN WHEN WE DIDN'T NEED THE MONEY.

But Pan wanted to leave though. Or was it that his agent could not get him a pay rise which then led to him wanting to leave?

Some of the cash gained from the sale of Pan should go to team strengthening in January, as it is money that is not budgeted for and I am sure that was mentioned early doors.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 12:26 pm

Dewsnip did confirm, however, that Crawley Town, the club who Argyle signed Camara from in the summer of 2020, would receive a sell-on fee as part of the deal that took him to Ipswich. He said: "It's not abnormal practice in this modern day. I think most clubs do that at all levels."

Camara became a fans' favourite with the Green Army for his strong-running performances in central midfield and Argyle had offered him a new long-term contract last season but he declined to sign it.

Dewsnip admitted it was disappointing the way that Camara's time at Home Park came to an end. "He was very popular with all of us, from myself, the manager, his team-mates and with the spectators," he said.

"More importantly than that, he really contributed over the last couple of seasons and has helped us to become a better Argyle, in my opinion.

"But the way of the modern agent, I would say, is that they often have agendas that don't fit the same agenda as, in this case, ourselves.

"His agent felt it was appropriate for him to seek a transfer, which he ultimately has done." added the Pilgrims' director of football.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Pan was contracted until the end of this season, his agent and himself signed up to that, what he didn't want to do was extend his contract past the end of this season which is why the club transfer listed him, which they did very publicly. The club agreed to sell him now for £500k less what went to Crawley town. This money is not going on team building in January it is going to infrastructure as we were told as soon as the ST money was in and has been repeated right at the top of this page in the financial accounts release.
I don't know why people are trying to spin it when it has been written in black and white by the club many times, INFRASTRUCTURE NOT THE TEAM?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 1:48 pm

I’m just wondering which player do you drop, given that these players have got us to the top of the league, to accommodate a player that doesn’t want to be here?

And add to that we’re two months into the League season and Camara ain’t contributed a minute, yet.

The player most likely to have missed out would be Randell, who is getting better and better with every game.

It’s actually looking like one of the best transfers Argyle have ever been forced into. sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 3:06 pm

seadog wrote:
Dewsnip did confirm, however, that Crawley Town, the club who Argyle signed Camara from in the summer of 2020, would receive a sell-on fee as part of the deal that took him to Ipswich. He said: "It's not abnormal practice in this modern day. I think most clubs do that at all levels."

Camara became a fans' favourite with the Green Army for his strong-running performances in central midfield and Argyle had offered him a new long-term contract last season but he declined to sign it.

Dewsnip admitted it was disappointing the way that Camara's time at Home Park came to an end. "He was very popular with all of us, from myself, the manager, his team-mates and with the spectators," he said.

"More importantly than that, he really contributed over the last couple of seasons and has helped us to become a better Argyle, in my opinion.

"But the way of the modern agent, I would say, is that they often have agendas that don't fit the same agenda as, in this case, ourselves.

"His agent felt it was appropriate for him to seek a transfer, which he ultimately has done." added the Pilgrims' director of football.

how would crawley demand a sell on clause if he signed for us on a free??
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I’m just wondering which player do you drop, given that these players have got us to the top of the league, to accommodate a player that doesn’t want to be here?

And add to that we’re two months into the League season and Camara ain’t contributed a minute, yet.

The player most likely to have missed out would be Randell, who is getting better and better with every game.

It’s actually looking like one of the best transfers Argyle have ever been forced into. sunny sunny sunny

Ok so if you re write what I said then makes perfect sense. Also let's not forget Pan had signed up to this season of his own free will. You don't need to drop anyone if we get three injuries to say Hardie, Edwards and Mumba or Azaz. It's about having a squad not a team and I don't know why any football fan would argue against us having a squad with depth? last season it cost us the playoffs this year it could cost us promotion but hey money in the bank is more highly rated it would seem?

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 5:39 pm

Angry wrote:
seadog wrote:

Although free he was obviously still in contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 6:55 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
seadog wrote:

Although free he was obviously still in contract.

it would be a strange piece of business for a club to sell a player for free on the hope he becomes good at another club so they could get a bit of cash. I hope we too have added a sell on clause with Ipswich.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAFC FInancial Statement   PAFC FInancial Statement Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC FInancial Statement
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next