akagreengull
Freathy
Les Miserable
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 3:54 pm

Great result and good game ain’t enjoyed a game so much as this one for a while tbh some good performances out there today I thought in particular I was impressed with Mumba & lonwjik I thought played really well tbh in fact I thought they were different class today
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 4:02 pm

Lonny plays some killer passes out from the back, thought Witiker was a major factor in our win especially the latter part of second half, Mumba was class.
As for promotion it's a.long way to go yet although I still think we need a bigger squad to keep it up through the season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 4:13 pm

I tell you what, these loan signings that have, in effect, cost the club zero in any type of fee, aren’t half doing us proud.

Three cheers for data analytics. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 4:43 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Perhaps it's the change of formation during a game that wrong foots the opposition?

Could be Shoey is smarter that he gets credit for?

Agreed, in fact i thought it was the change in personnel as much as tactics that made the difference in midfield-Danny and Butcher were struggling to make an impact there and Houghton brought more assurance alongside Randell, with big Cosgrove winning some ball for them to latch onto. Having said that, Argyle had previously created chances in what was a cracking game of football-could easily have been a high scoring affair with better finishing from both sides. Good to see Dave Smith getting due appreciation and the atmosphere generally did the occasion justice. Crap inducing moment when Walton hit the bar in the last minute of injury time but Argyle held on for a great win-comeback kings again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 5:07 pm

Just seen the result after being out all day! cheers cheers

We aren't a promotion side as we don't have the squad size of Ipswich, Pompey and Sheff Wed and we know we won't strengthen in January which will see us fall away in the run in again. Still nice to be top of the pile after 10 games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 5:17 pm

great result today we truly deserved it. Thefight backafter going 1-0 down was fantastic to see and full credit to the players for that. Thought mumba, Lonwijk,whittaker and ennis ran the show today with randall battling for everything. I did have doubts when i saw wilson was back in the side and when we went 1-0 down i had liken him to be being our harry maguire in the way utd won when he wasnt playing and lose when he does but that was unfounded and he played his part in our fight back. Cooper pulled off some good saves. Ladapo seemed to enjoy his goal against us never understood his dislike for being here when the fans where on his side when he was feuding with del bhey.

If we can keep this never give up attitude when going behind in games then we are going to be very difficult to beat. Schuey changing up his tactics transformed our fortunes today which is refreshing to see after seeing del bhey and lowe refuse to do so when in the same situation. Overall fantastic win fantastic performance and we are top of the league for now Smile
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 5:20 pm

Freathy wrote:
Just seen the result after being out all day!  cheers  cheers

We aren't a promotion side as we don't have the squad size of Ipswich, Pompey and Sheff Wed and we know we won't strengthen in January which will see us fall away in the run in again.  Still nice to be top of the pile after 10 games.

I feel the need to say what was said to you recently "Oh shut up"
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 6:48 pm

Fantastic result and performance, looking forward to the wednesday game got me ticket cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 8:14 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Perhaps it's the change of formation during a game that wrong foots the opposition?

Could be Shoey is smarter that he gets credit for?

I'd love you to be right about Shoe E but I'm not buying that. Let the opposition go in front in every game then implement plan b to flummox 'em, can't keep doing that I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 9:28 pm

Great game to watch on TV though it was sometimes difficult to tell the teams apart.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 9:58 am

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Just seen the result after being out all day!  cheers  cheers

We aren't a promotion side as we don't have the squad size of Ipswich, Pompey and Sheff Wed and we know we won't strengthen in January which will see us fall away in the run in again.  Still nice to be top of the pile after 10 games.

I feel the need to say what was said to you recently "Oh shut up"

I was about to say the same on seeing that. Also I think we are a promotion side, I would say we are easily up there with the sides promoted last season and having face 2 top sides this season the fact we've come away with 4 points from those games says it all.

Was a really good day, for once the atmosphere lived up to expectations and unlike like at the same stage last season we can change the game from the bench and have genuine quality throughout the squad. Having Cosgrove is really useful as that physical presence we have never had

Slight groan, we do seem to come out at half time rather sluggish and it took the subs coming on to liven things up. 

Ipwsich supporters are the strangest bunch. On the one hand they can't seem to fathom  opposing teams in this division beating them and on the other hand they seem to be supported purely by PASOTI types, I've never seen so many replica shirts in an away end. A bit of a laugh came from them singing "Champions of Europe" which they have never been.

Great to see so many comments from neutrals remarking on the quality of the game, what with there being no other football on.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 10:58 am

Great result.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm

Ipswich did win a European (Eufa) Cup

But that was because they had Paul Mariner (Argyle trained) and Steve McCall (learning his trade before joining the Greens)

They'd have won nowt without Mariner
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 5:25 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Ipswich did win a European (Eufa) Cup

But that was because they had Paul Mariner (Argyle trained)  and Steve McCall (learning his trade before joining the Greens)

They'd have won nowt without Mariner

Which didn't make them the champions of Europe, unless you call a competition for minor cup competition winners and finishing 3rd in the league

The real Champions of Europe that year was Liverpool but as I say their fans are easily the weirdest in the league
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 9:02 pm

The local beer in Ipswich is vile, maybe that is the cause.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Ipswich    Argyle v Ipswich  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Ipswich
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2