Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Argyle v Oxford

Go down 
+11
Tgwu
PlymptonPilgrim
Grovehill
Freathy
RegGreen
VillageGreen
Greenskin
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
Les Miserable
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7435
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 8:51 am

Yes, made hard work of it against an under par Oxford, but vital 3 points, especially as all those around us won. Watched it on ifollow and at times it seemed as though the players and fans didn't really want to be there, very subdued.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6063
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 9:02 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Er, did this game take place tonight?Question  Do believe i'm fated not to go to HP anymore-fecking car started smoking behind the drivers side back wheel and a smell similar to when the clutch burns out-anyone know what that may be, brake cylinder perhaps? 3 games missed now when i've had a ticket, a real piss off. Anyway, good win tonight, should have been more by all accounts but a welcome 3 points-all the others won as per usual though.

Sounds like the brake shoe or pad binding? Only time I've had it was when I fitted new rear shoes and had them just ever so slightly touching the metal surface which then heats up and locks the whole thing up. Shoes and disks have the same compound on them hence the clutch smell. Hard to say without looking at it but deffo needs to be looked at. May just be a clip or something come adrift.
Other thing maybe the handbrake binding on? Chock your wheels well, release handbrake and jack the offending wheel up, spin the wheel and you will hear  it binding or it won't turn.banging the wheel with hammer and working handbrake may free it up.

Cheers mate, think it must be pads but getting it checked out this morning-hopefully the short drive to Tavvy won't be too risky. Damn nuisance really, already lost £50 in unrefundable ticket money after that big smack between Yelvy and Roborough stopped any chance of getting to the Bolton game but at least the team is doing pretty well without me.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 9:37 am

Argyle should have put Oxford to bed but, as usual poor finishing let the side down. Not a bad goal and it's three points in the bag. Well observed minute silence for HRH Queen Elizabeth II.


Got well soaked sat in the lower Mayflower seats.


Up next is the top of the table clash against Pompey and that should be a cracking game.


The screen looks OK.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 10:01 am

I naively thought Village we would be dry in row F in the lower Mayflower, but no we got soaked also. Guess I will need to book my tickets a bit sooner.
Maybe Hallett should go and sit in the first few rows on a rainy Tuesday night to soak up the matchday experience ha ha.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 10:04 am

Agree also the screen was quite impressive.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander


Posts : 436
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : at the edge of the sea

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 12:14 pm

Saying this is going means the end of it next time out but 11 clean sheets in the last 12 home league games is beyond impressive.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 351
Join date : 2020-05-28

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 12:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
God knows how many we’d have scored if it weren’t for some woeful finishing. Should have been way more than one. Then rode our luck when their lad missed a proper sitter.

Big screen really adds something with all the chances being replayed via ArgyleTV.

Needed the three points badly and deserved them with the sheer number of chances carved out.

Was very odd seeing Mayor sprint to the changing rooms after being subbed. As if his missus waters had just broke or summat!

I think he had the shits or something. The reason given for being subbed was that he was "unwell", when I would have thought Azaz (who was poor, in terms of the standards seen thus far) would have been the more obvious switch.

Ironically given the heavy weather, we made heavy weather of limited opponents. We really ought to have scored in the first 15 minutes had we taken any of at least 3 acceptable chances. The passing and movement was slick in general but often broke down by sloppy execution in the final 3rd . The goal when it came was well taken, although the goalie might have done better. 

A good 3 points but will need to be sharper especially in next couple of games.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I naively thought Village we would be dry in row F in the lower Mayflower, but no we got soaked also. Guess I will need to book my tickets a bit sooner.
Maybe Hallett should go and sit in the first few rows on a rainy Tuesday night to soak up the matchday experience ha ha.



Excellent idea !!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
God knows how many we’d have scored if it weren’t for some woeful finishing. Should have been way more than one. Then rode our luck when their lad missed a proper sitter.

Big screen really adds something with all the chances being replayed via ArgyleTV.

Needed the three points badly and deserved them with the sheer number of chances carved out.

Was very odd seeing Mayor sprint to the changing rooms after being subbed. As if his missus waters had just broke or summat!

I think he had the shits or something. The reason given for being subbed was that he was "unwell", when I would have thought Azaz (who was poor, in terms of the standards seen thus far) would have been the more obvious switch.

Ironically given the heavy weather, we made heavy weather of limited opponents. We really ought to have scored in the first 15 minutes had we taken any of at least 3 acceptable chances. The passing and movement was slick in general but often broke down by sloppy execution in the final 3rd . The goal when it came was well taken, although the goalie might have done better. 

A good 3 points but will need to be sharper especially in next couple of games.




Got a feeling the Portsmouth game will be a cracking contest, both sides are in-form. On fire Ipswich Town at home should also be a corker of a game. Probably the best time to be playing these two sides and should Argyle get six to four points from the two games, then that will send out a message to the other sides.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 15753
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 61
Location : Berkshire

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 1:33 pm

Good win!

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10206
Join date : 2011-10-23

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 1:57 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
God knows how many we’d have scored if it weren’t for some woeful finishing. Should have been way more than one. Then rode our luck when their lad missed a proper sitter.

Big screen really adds something with all the chances being replayed via ArgyleTV.

Needed the three points badly and deserved them with the sheer number of chances carved out.

Was very odd seeing Mayor sprint to the changing rooms after being subbed. As if his missus waters had just broke or summat!

I think he had the shits or something. The reason given for being subbed was that he was "unwell", when I would have thought Azaz (who was poor, in terms of the standards seen thus far) would have been the more obvious switch.

Ironically given the heavy weather, we made heavy weather of limited opponents. We really ought to have scored in the first 15 minutes had we taken any of at least 3 acceptable chances. The passing and movement was slick in general but often broke down by sloppy execution in the final 3rd . The goal when it came was well taken, although the goalie might have done better. 

A good 3 points but will need to be sharper especially in next couple of games.

That would explain it then. Shame as he was outstanding in the first half.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7435
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 2:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
God knows how many we’d have scored if it weren’t for some woeful finishing. Should have been way more than one. Then rode our luck when their lad missed a proper sitter.

Big screen really adds something with all the chances being replayed via ArgyleTV.

Needed the three points badly and deserved them with the sheer number of chances carved out.

Was very odd seeing Mayor sprint to the changing rooms after being subbed. As if his missus waters had just broke or summat!

I think he had the shits or something. The reason given for being subbed was that he was "unwell", when I would have thought Azaz (who was poor, in terms of the standards seen thus far) would have been the more obvious switch.

Ironically given the heavy weather, we made heavy weather of limited opponents. We really ought to have scored in the first 15 minutes had we taken any of at least 3 acceptable chances. The passing and movement was slick in general but often broke down by sloppy execution in the final 3rd . The goal when it came was well taken, although the goalie might have done better. 

A good 3 points but will need to be sharper especially in next couple of games.

That would explain it then. Shame as he was outstanding in the first half.


They're eating too much of that 'artisan' shite from early bird after training.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 7:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
God knows how many we’d have scored if it weren’t for some woeful finishing. Should have been way more than one. Then rode our luck when their lad missed a proper sitter.

Big screen really adds something with all the chances being replayed via ArgyleTV.

Needed the three points badly and deserved them with the sheer number of chances carved out.

Was very odd seeing Mayor sprint to the changing rooms after being subbed. As if his missus waters had just broke or summat!

I think he had the shits or something. The reason given for being subbed was that he was "unwell", when I would have thought Azaz (who was poor, in terms of the standards seen thus far) would have been the more obvious switch.

Ironically given the heavy weather, we made heavy weather of limited opponents. We really ought to have scored in the first 15 minutes had we taken any of at least 3 acceptable chances. The passing and movement was slick in general but often broke down by sloppy execution in the final 3rd . The goal when it came was well taken, although the goalie might have done better. 

A good 3 points but will need to be sharper especially in next couple of games.

That would explain it then. Shame as he was outstanding in the first half.


They're eating too much of that 'artisan' shite from early bird after training.

He actually caught a whiff of Nool from the stands.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2177
Join date : 2012-01-24

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 8:10 pm

He had the shits

Didn't just smell one
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2596
Join date : 2021-12-06

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 9:04 pm

we where lively lots of pressing plays shooting was awful for both teams at times. How mumba missed that 1 yard shot i will never know. It was a good win whittaker took his opportunity well to break the deadlock in a game that was destined to end 0-0 otherwise...Shame two fans in teh devonport end decided to pitch invade then get into a punch up with the stewards afterwards when they went to detain them but thats what happens when kids drink on a school night.

very respectful silence and singing of the national anthem in tribute to the late Queen not on a par with Rangers tonight however but still great never the less,

we are on a roll and looking strong Smile
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 351
Join date : 2020-05-28

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 8:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
God knows how many we’d have scored if it weren’t for some woeful finishing. Should have been way more than one. Then rode our luck when their lad missed a proper sitter.

Big screen really adds something with all the chances being replayed via ArgyleTV.

Needed the three points badly and deserved them with the sheer number of chances carved out.

Was very odd seeing Mayor sprint to the changing rooms after being subbed. As if his missus waters had just broke or summat!

I think he had the shits or something. The reason given for being subbed was that he was "unwell", when I would have thought Azaz (who was poor, in terms of the standards seen thus far) would have been the more obvious switch.

Ironically given the heavy weather, we made heavy weather of limited opponents. We really ought to have scored in the first 15 minutes had we taken any of at least 3 acceptable chances. The passing and movement was slick in general but often broke down by sloppy execution in the final 3rd . The goal when it came was well taken, although the goalie might have done better. 

A good 3 points but will need to be sharper especially in next couple of games.

That would explain it then. Shame as he was outstanding in the first half.


They're eating too much of that 'artisan' shite from early bird after training.

He actually caught a whiff of Nool from the stands.

Speaking of which Nool seems to be maitaining his residence in the Directors box, is that still Brents residual patronage or what?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 8:43 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
God knows how many we’d have scored if it weren’t for some woeful finishing. Should have been way more than one. Then rode our luck when their lad missed a proper sitter.

Big screen really adds something with all the chances being replayed via ArgyleTV.

Needed the three points badly and deserved them with the sheer number of chances carved out.

Was very odd seeing Mayor sprint to the changing rooms after being subbed. As if his missus waters had just broke or summat!

I think he had the shits or something. The reason given for being subbed was that he was "unwell", when I would have thought Azaz (who was poor, in terms of the standards seen thus far) would have been the more obvious switch.

Ironically given the heavy weather, we made heavy weather of limited opponents. We really ought to have scored in the first 15 minutes had we taken any of at least 3 acceptable chances. The passing and movement was slick in general but often broke down by sloppy execution in the final 3rd . The goal when it came was well taken, although the goalie might have done better. 

A good 3 points but will need to be sharper especially in next couple of games.

That would explain it then. Shame as he was outstanding in the first half.


They're eating too much of that 'artisan' shite from early bird after training.

He actually caught a whiff of Nool from the stands.

Speaking of which Nool seems to be maitaining his residence in the Directors box, is that still Brents residual patronage or what?

Must be paid for by someone. He is a beacon of hope to social climbers everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Oxford   Argyle v Oxford - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Argyle v Oxford
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Oxford v Argyle
» PLYMOUTH ARGYLE Vs OXFORD UTD
» PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED
» Oxford United 15:00 Plymouth Argyle
» Oxford vs Argyle sponsored by serious bumlickin.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: