10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 2:04 pm

Calls for trevor sinclair to be sacked from talksport for his comments about the Queen in a tweet.

Racist cnut.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 2:24 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Calls for trevor sinclair to be sacked from talksport for his comments about the Queen in a tweet.

Racist cnut.

This isn't the first time he's let his mask slip. Funnily enough, he's nowhere to be seen on social media!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 2:40 pm

Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I went around the main tv channels, BBC 1, ITV and Channel 5 all covering what was happening. Channel 4 was showing a rerun of simpsons. BBC 2 was showing athletics.

as with prince Philip last year i get why the BBC would blanket cover this event in history as its the State Broadcaster and the news channels i can see why they would too but there is no reason why other channels need or have to do it aswell. Same for radio.
aint to bad if stick to cable channels you wouldn’t have known she’s passed
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 3:06 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Racist cnut.

Chap from Scotland called Sean Currie - Scottish Green party member and pro- independence - posted a nasty comment on Twitter about the Queen yesterday. He made a half hearted apology and deleted the tweet. Did not stop him getting hassle though. It was reported on the express online site.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 3:39 pm

Social media is best currently avoided, on the one hand you have cretins destroying their careers for the sake of a few likes and on the other you have outrage farmers looking for the former to get angry about.

"Disgrace" was trending on Twitter earlier today, I'm not even joking
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 3:41 pm

I wonder when  all the new coins and notes with the head
of King Charles III will be in circulation ?.  Will the Bank of England let the current coins and notes run down until it is all used up.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 4:40 pm

No doubt some tory donor is lined up for that lucrative contract, get tore in.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 4:58 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Social media is best currently avoided, on the one hand you have cretins destroying their careers for the sake of a few likes and on the other you have outrage farmers looking for the former to get angry about.

There is another Scottish individual called Jaki Picket on Facebook who went over the top with her slating of the Queen, she owns a chip shop in the Muir of Ord, absolutely disgusting what she has done.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 5:13 pm

Get it in perspective, most of the country are very respectful and just like the racist tweets towards England players this should be seen in context and best ignored like Seadogs comment on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 7:17 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
of King Charles III will be in circulation ?.  Will the Bank of England let the current coins and notes run down until it is all used up.

Apparently there are 2.6bn coins in circulation they will be gradually replaced during the next few years. Might be worth buying a full set of Chas heads when they come out it and stick them in the loft.
I wonder have a many stamps there are out there?! Pretty sure they said all the Royal warrants run out when she died and they have two years then they need to stop using them.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 8:35 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

There is another Scottish individual called Jaki Picket on Facebook who went over the top with her slating of the Queen, she owns a chip shop in the Muir of Ord,  absolutely disgusting what she has done.

She ended up with paint thrown over her chippy, and her windows smashed in, and something about removed from the national chips shop thingy ma jig, which I didn't even know existed.

Free speech is essential, but, with it comes consequences of your chosen words.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 8:38 am

VillageGreen wrote:

Was reading about all of the things that will need changing. Quite an interesting read. The more you think about it, the more it becomes apparent how everything we know in modern life revolves around QE2.

Stamps, bank notes, post boxes, government and financial institutions, coppers helmets (giggles like a child) the list is literally endless.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 8:40 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Social media is currently a vile cesspit of hatred. I give up reading Twitter yesterday. So much hate.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 11:14 am

Shamrock Rovers FC and FAI have both condemned callous chants by SRFC fans during game against Djurgardens on Thursday. The FAI described the chanting as highly insensitive.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 2:50 pm

Cheesy-Chips wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

There is another Scottish individual called Jaki Picket on Facebook who went over the top with her slating of the Queen, she owns a chip shop in the Muir of Ord,  absolutely disgusting what she has done.

She ended up with paint thrown over her chippy, and her windows smashed in, and something about removed from the national chips shop thingy ma jig, which I didn't even know existed.

Free speech is essential, but, with it comes consequences of your chosen words.

Yeah, read today that her chip shop had its windows smashed in. Those who live in Muir of Ord want to run her out of the place by all accounts. I also read that Sean Currie is still giving it large on twitter, he is now moaning about the protesters who got arrested during the proclamation of king Charles III. A former policeman on LBC this morning said they were arrested for their own protection, as others around the protesters were getting a tad annoyed and the police felt they had to remove the protesters before they got lynched.

From what I have read on other social media platforms, Sean Currie is now a marked man.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 9:07 am

Getting really feeling bored with all the coverage now and especially how hard her Maj worked compared to us and the amount of grief being poured on a national scale. I was quite fond of her but I didn't shed a tear when she died like I did when I lost both my Grandmother's. I can't wait for it all to be over now.
Poor old Hugh Edwards looked almost as sad on the day she died as he did when he announced Brexit, puts it into context really.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 11:00 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Getting really feeling bored with all the coverage now and especially how hard her Maj worked compared to us and the amount of grief being poured on a national scale. I was quite fond of her but I didn't shed a tear when she died like I did when I lost both my Grandmother's. I can't wait for it all to be over now.
Poor old Hugh Edwards looked almost as sad on the day she died as he did when he announced Brexit, puts it into context really.

As I have never seen a reigning monarch die during my life, watching it is history - centuries old protocol being played out live on tv, of which I'd only ever read about or seen in documentaries.

I was not surprised by how many Scottish people line the route from Balmoral to Edinburgh, The Queen absolutely adored the place and many adored her. Ok, a few anti-monarchy folk made points and were dealt with by security forces, which has sparked national debate on what they were being arrested for.

London will be centre stage from Wednesday and you have people from all over the UK - and the world too - flooding toward the city in huge numbers to pay respects. Will there be large anti-monarchy protests in the capital, that is the question ?

The coronation of King Charles III won't be until next year, as that will take much planning.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 5:15 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

As I have never seen a reigning monarch die during my life, watching it is history - centuries old protocol being played out live on tv, of which I'd only ever read about or seen in documentaries.

I was not surprised by how many Scottish people line the route from Balmoral to Edinburgh, The Queen absolutely adored the place and many adored her. Ok, a few anti-monarchy folk made points and were dealt with by security forces, which has sparked national debate on what they were being arrested for.

London will be centre stage from Wednesday and you have people from all over the UK - and the world too - flooding toward the city in huge numbers to pay respects. Will there be large anti-monarchy protests in the capital, that is the question ?

The coronation of King Charles III won't be until next year, as that will take much planning.

I get the pomp and ceremony and have watched a fair bit myself what I was referring to was the faux grief being peddled by the BEEB and ITV just like they did with Diana and 911, end of an era, sure she was all I've ever known as Queen but seriously grief stricken no, I didn't know her and nor did any poor person like us.
As for the protests there have been hardly any, anybody should be able to protest in this country it is what we fought two world wars for appazza but should you protest at someone's funeral? I would say no and if you got a good kicking it would serve you right.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 9:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I get the pomp and ceremony and have watched a fair bit myself what I was referring to was the faux grief being peddled by the BEEB and ITV just like they did with Diana and 911, end of an era, sure she was all I've ever known as Queen but seriously grief stricken no, I didn't know her and nor did any poor person like us.
As for the protests there have been hardly any, anybody should be able to protest in this country it is what we fought two world wars for appazza but should you protest at someone's funeral? I would say no and if you got a good kicking it would serve you right.

Yeah, agree about people not protesting at this moment in time, they could have waited until the mourning period was over. A better time would be next year for the coronation of HRH King Charles III.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 10:36 am

There are a few interesting developments regarding King Chas, I see the usual Facebook inspired fruit loops are now blaming Truss for nobbling His Maj to stop him attending COP27. Personally I have always thought he would need to be a.lot less opinionated in public once King, he will still be able to lead by example with his housing and gardening projects, yet I feel the Queen only had the support she did because she was mainly apolitical. On the very very rare occasions she made a comment it was taken with much more gravity than any of the media clowns we usually hear from.
Anyway should Charles be our first political Regent or should he follow the example set by his dear old Mum gawd bless her?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 1:08 pm

should he follow the example set by his dear old Mum gawd bless her"

What, kark it?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 12:20 pm

Yes. Get William in the hot seat.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 12:40 pm

William looks like some kind of apologetic civil servant and I'd be very worried if Kate visited Lands End in case she blew away.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 10:27 pm

Perhaps she could be pegged down?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Queen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen   The Queen - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 11:33 pm

He could fly her like a kite.