Tgwu
akagreengull
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GreenSnake

GreenSnake

Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:27 pm

Jesus Christ, same old Argyle away from home.

Look alright going forward giving us hope, but can't hit a barn door or mess up the final ball.

Then the defense brain farts and it's automatically punished EVERY f*cking time.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Hope a weeks worth of wages from wilson and Gillesphey pays for a refund for everyone who has to watch this
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:33 pm

feck this can i settle for £5 back
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:33 pm

Schuey needs to get them in for HT and give them a good fisting. This could be a cricket score sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 pm

if we charged £5 a punch to give Gillesphey a slap I'm sure we could afford to send the cnut one way to oz,
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:42 pm

piss poor first half. we cant cross a ball nor strike from distance,

We cant play this system that Schumacher sets us up with away from home it does not work away from home park and it leaves us too exposed to counter attacks and when you have slow coaches like Wilson unable to sprint back to pick up their man its no wonder the other team have a field day.

Only positive for me is Wilson will be missing the next few games meaning we get to see if Lonwijk can make the difference i hope he can to the right side of our back three especially with the pace. Hope he stays out of the team for awhile i have no faith in the guy anymore. Galloway needs to comeback in the side asap too.

Charlton's 3rd was a good goal i have to say.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:45 pm

Giving the ball away all over the park which has led to each of the goals.

Having said that, Whittaker was brought down in their area, which was more of a penalty than the one that was given. Wilson's arm was up but he was trying to block with his body and their forward blasted it at him from a yard away.

Doubtful pen, and certainly not a red card.

Deserve to be behind but not by 3.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:49 pm

Argyle owe me ten quid.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:51 pm

how the feck is Gillesphey still on the pitch.

Hardie, Randell and Mumba replaced by Ennis, Butcher and Galloway.

feck this shit
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 pm

Angry wrote:

We cant play this system that Schumacher sets us up with away from home it does not work away from home park and it leaves us too exposed to counter attacks and when you have slow coaches like Wilson unable to sprint back to pick up their man its no wonder the other team have a field day.

Only positive for me is Wilson will be missing the next few games meaning we get to see if Lonwijk can make the difference i hope he can to the right side of our back three especially with the pace. Hope he stays out of the team for awhile i have no faith in the guy anymore. Galloway needs to comeback in the side asap too.

You chat a load of shite nothing to do with Wilson, are you blind as well as special educational needs ?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:53 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Giving the ball away all over the park which has led to each of the goals.

Having said that, Whittaker was brought down in their area, which was more of a penalty than the one that was given. Wilson's arm was up but he was trying to block with his body and their forward blasted it at him from a yard away.

Doubtful pen, and certainly not a red card.

Deserve to be behind but not by 3.

its the rules he got his hand in the way of a certain goal trying to block it harsh but there have been others who have been sent off for the samething and they got screwed by var. i hope the suspensions stands i truly do not want to see Wilson in the line up anymore he is a liability in that team.

I see we are settling on the 3-0 defeat by taking Hardie off and bringing Ennis on so we are not looking to score now. Not that we would do in any case
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:54 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

You chat a load of shite nothing to do with Wilson, are you blind as well as special educational needs ?

You'll be taking a break. You've been warned several times.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:56 pm

We have a very very very poor team. Going to be a long hard miserable season of terrible performances and heavy defeats, Just about scraping survival is all anyone can hope for now however unlikely. We are utter shit.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:17 pm

Nice goal from Wittaker
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:17 pm

good goal from whittaker nice solo effort. At least the away fans have something to cheer at least tonight.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:21 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

Completely out of order comment. Time for a break from ATD.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 pm

4-1 now

bad day for Argyle time to hit the training ground ready for the vegan warriors on saturday. Time to invest in a new tactic too for away days too Schumacher this system doesnt work aswell against teams with pace and can cross a ball.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:23 pm

Did they let us have one because they were feeling sorry for us? Mid table budget = mid table team.
Back to top Go down
GreenSnake

GreenSnake

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm

I might be over-reacting, but under Schumacher there have been some really shambolic performances (Cambridge, Wycombe and tonight away. MK Dons home are examples)

There have been really good ones as well, if we are going to be this depressingly inconsistent - Can we start asking questions about him?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Did they let us have one because they were feeling sorry for us? Mid table budget = mid table team.

seems that way to be fair....

No idea how schumacher is going to spin this to be honest cause at the risk of repeating myself he has to understand that away from home we need a different tactic and when like with Lowe and Del Bhey only play with one tactic home and away its not going to work especially as any manager worth their salt who does his homework on us will know exactly how we will break for attacks and how exposed we are when faced with a fast paced counter attack.

I feel for the fans who went to the Valley tonight all 1,160 of them who had to watch us get treated like rookies.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm

GreenSnake wrote:
I might be over-reacting, but under Schumacher there have been some really shambolic performances (Cambridge, Wycombe and tonight away. MK Dons home are examples)

There have been really good ones as well, if we are going to be this depressingly inconsistent - Can we start asking questions about him?

this is exactly why not having an experienced assistant alongside him like he had with Downing last season was a good idea going forward into this season. He still has much to learn and he still gets it wrong tactically at times like tonight and the games you mentioned.

Mark Hughes maybe his mate and a up and coming coach he is not been around the block to be of any use to schumacher as his number 2 when faced with situations like tonight as hes never been in that situation himself.

we are very inconsistent i will agree and i feel we need to be looking in the transfer market as the squad needs more depth and quality.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm

GreenSnake wrote:

Bit early for that, first goal is piss poor defending, 2nd goal poor clearance from Cooper, the penalty and sending off isn’t Schumacher’s fault it’s the players, bad night, put it to bed and move on
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:49 pm

GreenSnake wrote:

There were also hammerings and shocking performances under Lowe and Adams. Argyle 0 Charlton 6 seems to ring a bell somehow as does Accrington 5 Argyle 1, no doubt other horror shows could be reluctantly dredged from the murk of our memory banks. Certainly you can ask questions-TBH i was a bit worried as to whether the back players who did so well last year were capable of producing the same again given their age and previous pedigree but it isn't all about them-defending is a team requirement and don't remember too many maulings last year when Pan and Grant were in the team. Sooner those two are fit and in contention the better AFAIC but hey-if Argyle were to win on Saturday then it won't have been a bad return from the two away trips, better than two draws in fact.
Back to top Go down
GreenSnake

GreenSnake

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:57 pm

Graiser wrote:
GreenSnake wrote:

Bit early for that, first goal is piss poor defending, 2nd goal poor clearance from Cooper, the penalty and sending off isn’t Schumacher’s fault it’s the players, bad night, put it to bed and move on

Very fair assessment of tonight, in all fairness Charlton were excellent and any team in this league would have struggled against them.

Very right in saying bad night and move on. Has to be forgotten and we're now on to Forest Green.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Graiser wrote:
GreenSnake wrote:

Yep I'm pretty relaxed about the embarrassing cave in as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next