Earwegoagain
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 1:11 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Some people clearly still don't understand what pre seasons are all about.lol.

Exactly but it can give a good impression of the problems we have.

Last time we played Yeovil in a friendly you could see we was in trouble after recruitment and Del took us down.

From the sounds of it we are still trying to pump target man style balls into players that aren't Target men,

Feel like we need 3-4 coming in 2 of the strikers, cover for RWB and a midfielder
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 2:23 pm

Talking of strikers I've just met Ryan Hardie, believe it or not I bought a plastic seat from him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 2:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Parkway certainly didn't. Lol. I do get your point but I did wonder when I saw that lineup whether it was picked by Gareth Southgate? Fair enough trying out some youngsters but where was Mikel? Shorely the pre season would help him to suss out how we play? Not only that but winning and losing are habit forming and we can't go turning out against teams like these and not winning it's embarrassing.

Mikel has only trained for two days,

Not sure what that has to do with anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 2:50 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
It's all about the fitness ... LOL

PS. If Argyle took a cut of the gate money as alluded to above that is shocking! Imo

Thats just wrong of the club to take a cut from parkway when that money makes a difference to them unlike us who will waste it on more shit in and around the stadium.

If Parkway want to play the big boys game and pay extortionate wages to attract players then I don’t see why argyle should be supplementing that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 2:59 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

PS. If Argyle took a cut of the gate money as alluded to above that is shocking! Imo

Thats just wrong of the club to take a cut from parkway when that money makes a difference to them unlike us who will waste it on more shit in and around the stadium.

If Parkway want to play the big boys game and pay extortionate wages to attract players then I don’t see why argyle should be supplementing that.

Aren't we a "community club"? Apart from anything else the better that Parkway do the better for us, we can loan players to them and even poach their young or developing players, it would be better if they played a few leagues higher imo, most cities have two league teams , I would love to see us in the CCC and them in league 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 3:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Aren't we a "community club"? Apart from anything else the better that Parkway do the better for us, we can loan players to them and even poach their young or developing players, it would be better if they played a few leagues higher imo, most cities have two league teams , I would love to see us in the CCC and them in league 2.

We are and we’re also a commercial entity trying to live within our means which Parkway also should be working towards, strangely enough everything else you wrote I agree with, think I might have to have a lay down !
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 3:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Talking of strikers I've just met Ryan Hardie, believe it or not I bought a plastic seat from him.
lol! was he flogging any spare remote controls for The jumbotron of SI’s as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 3:26 pm

akagreengull wrote:

When Argo are shit pre-season they always carry that on into the season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 3:50 pm

Heres the goals
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

When Argo are shit pre-season they always carry that on into the season.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 5:48 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
lol! was he flogging any spare remote controls for The jumbotron of SI’s as well Very Happy

Very Happy straight up mate, bought a high chair for grandson on FB marketplace when I turn up it was our very own RH selling it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 5:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

We are and we’re also a commercial entity trying to live within our means which Parkway also should be working towards, strangely enough everything else you wrote I agree with, think I might have to have a lay down !

I've said on here before when Warnock brings his teams to Tavvy he always takes half the gate money but with him I think it goes in the pocket. I still think it's tight, these teams really are run by volunteers and a couple of grand goes a long way with them.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 7:17 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I've said on here before when Warnock brings his teams to Tavvy he always takes half the gate money but with him I think it goes in the pocket. I still think it's tight, these teams really are run by volunteers and a couple of grand goes a long way with them.

exactly and its not like the club needs the money that badly they raised the season ticket prices and have all that money that isnt going on transfers it seems so its just greed.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 7:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

exactly and its not like the club needs the money that badly they raised the season ticket prices and have all that money that isnt going on transfers it seems so its just greed.

The club isn't a charity, I think you will find 99.9% of other clubs take a cut of the gate, in games like this.

How else are they meant to cover the expenses, or shall we go back to rattling buckets?

Oh wait there's no point in asking you questions is there,

Cause the only thing you're good at apart from being dim, is ducking questions.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 8:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Angers do you think Parkway are operating beyond their means ?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 8:26 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

well they seem to be able to attract ex pro with ease so i guess they got some backing behind them of sorts, Wouldnt be putting them in the kevin heaney truro city bracket though.

hey on another unrelated topic for sec who remembers on the farm when they thought truro was going to surpass Plymouth Argyle in terms of league placing and lose fans to them when they where moving up the non leagues?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 8:42 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

well they seem to be able to attract ex pro with ease so i guess they got some backing behind them of sorts, Wouldnt  be putting them in the kevin heaney truro city bracket though.

hey on another unrelated topic for sec who remembers on the farm when they thought truro was going to surpass Plymouth Argyle in terms of league placing and lose fans to them when they where moving up the non leagues?

I think those people disappeared in a haze of LSD!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parkway v Argyle   Parkway v Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parkway v Argyle
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3