Grovehill
Angry
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Wall of legends farce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 8:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Has anyone actually contacted the club about this, Or is venting here all your gonna do to try to solve the issues

piss off you stupid twat

How mature.

That's gonna get you a response from the club, isn't it?

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 8:44 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Has anyone actually contacted the club about this, Or is venting here all your gonna do to try to solve the issues

piss off you stupid twat

How mature.

so no one on a forum is allowed to mention anything unless its pre approved by you now??

again piss off you stupid twat and shove your preachy nature and telling users of a forum what they can or cant post on here.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 8:50 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

piss off you stupid twat

How mature.

so no one on a forum is allowed to mention anything unless its pre approved by you now??

again piss off you stupid twat and shove your preachy nature and telling users of a forum what they can or cant post on here.

You continue to yell at clouds.

It's not going to solve anything, is it?

But go on then I'll indulge you.

How is asking a question about if you have spoken to the club preachy?

Or should I ask you that while throwing insults at you, Is that the only way you will understand the question?
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 12:24 am

Based on games played a Legends side should maybe look something like this. The starting 11 includes top 10 on the appearance list. All players who reached the 300 game milestone are included which gives a slightly bigger than World Cup squad of 26.

For me, to be a legend there has to be a cut-off regarding number of games played. To be in our current top 100 in the appearance list you have to hit 159 which is John Matthews (who might well be in a few 11s and right above him is Kevin Nugent who I doubt will, then Steve McCall who certainly will make it in more than one list, then Rory Fallon who, well, I'll scratch my chin on that one).

My point is to get to that number of games someone will have to have been around Home Park for at least four years. We've had 1121 first teamers according to GoS. I reckon those 100 deserve the opportunity to make the XI. Anyone outside that, sorry, you're only eligible for the Cult Heroes XI.

1 Fred Craig
2 George Robertson
3 Pat Jones
4 Moses Russell
5 Paul Wotton
6 John Hore
7 Johnny Williams
8 Jack Leslie
9 Sammy Black
10 Mickey Evans
11 Kevin Hodges

Subs:
GKs: Geoff Crudington/ Bill Shortt/ Luke McCormick/ Romain Larrieu
Defenders: Leigh Cooper/ Chris Harrison/ Septimus Atterbury/ John Uzzell/ Gordon Nisbet/ Adrian Burrows
Midfield: Martin Barlow/ Johnny Newman/ Jimmy McCormick
Forwards: Harry Willcox/ Tommy Tynan
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 am

Greenlander wrote:
Based on games played a Legends side should maybe look something like this. The starting 11 includes top 10 on the appearance list. All players who reached the 300 game milestone are included which gives a slightly bigger than World Cup squad of 26.

For me, to be a legend there has to be a cut-off regarding number of games played. To be in our current top 100 in the appearance list you have to hit 159 which is John Matthews (who might well be in a few 11s and right above him is Kevin Nugent who I doubt will, then Steve McCall who certainly will make it in more than one list, then Rory Fallon who, well, I'll scratch my chin on that one).

My point is to get to that number of games someone will have to have been around Home Park for at least four years. We've had 1121 first teamers according to GoS. I reckon those 100 deserve the opportunity to make the XI. Anyone outside that, sorry, you're only eligible for the Cult Heroes XI.

1 Fred Craig
2 George Robertson
3 Pat Jones
4 Moses Russell
5 Paul Wotton
6 John Hore
7 Johnny Williams
8 Jack Leslie
9 Sammy Black
10 Mickey Evans
11 Kevin Hodges

Subs:
GKs: Geoff Crudington/ Bill Shortt/ Luke McCormick/ Romain Larrieu
Defenders: Leigh Cooper/ Chris Harrison/ Septimus Atterbury/ John Uzzell/ Gordon Nisbet/ Adrian Burrows
Midfield: Martin Barlow/ Johnny Newman/ Jimmy McCormick
Forwards: Harry Willcox/ Tommy Tynan

Does look the way to have gone, then a public vote for the fans team,

Everyone would have been happy then, well happy for Argyle fans....
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:25 am

Jethro wrote:

I have, but alas no reply from the great and good at Home Park. I'm presuming all the office staff are busy creating an atmosphere for the coming season instead.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 8:45 am

The Cornflake wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I have, but alas no reply from the great and good at Home Park. I'm presuming all the office staff are busy creating an atmosphere for the coming season instead.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 4:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 5:48 pm

The Cornflake wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Laughing

Alot of fans are doing the same on twitter but none have managed to distract them from the goal of creating an atmosphere next season
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 8:14 pm

Akos wins

the next two votes are going to be very telling for strikers. It should be a given that Mariner and Tynan win those polls.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 am

The Cornflake wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I applaud you for doing so.

I hope you get a reply.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 3:13 pm

oh now the club is opening votes up again but only via the app for sub goalie which is a choice between the 3 keepers who missed out to Larrieu in the first round. Obviously using the runner up in the poll option was to easy for this joke of a thing being done.

Reuben Reid out voting Billy Rafferty lol but Tynan is winning this comfortably atm.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Have you seen that scene from Fawlty Towers, where Basil starts thrashing his car with a tree branch?

That’s you with this thread, Angers. king
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Have you seen that scene from Fawlty Towers, where Basil starts thrashing his car with a tree branch?

He's yelling at clouds,

I highly doubt anyone from the club, comes on here to see things so it would be much easier to contact them,

I mean it's not like 15 seconds of searching finds you a list of email addresses for important people within the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Most staff can be contacted by emailing them at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That would be much easier then throwing your toys out of the pram in a vacuum.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 8:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

i havee indeed lol but im commited to this to the end now so i suffer so you guys dont have too.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 8:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 10:02 pm

This is his Adams Jeffers.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 2:49 pm

Mariner winning with Trigger second...

Sammy Black was an awesome player who had a lethal partnership with Jack Leslie here by all accounts that i wish there was video of those two playing to have seen them for myself.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 3:45 pm

Fooking hell I am nearly sixty and that pair were way before my time.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 6:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Fooking hell I am nearly sixty and that pair were way before my time.

before pretty much everyones Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 7:27 pm

Angry wrote:

Mariner winning with Trigger second...

Sammy Black was an awesome player who had a lethal partnership with Jack Leslie here by all accounts that i wish there was video of those two playing to have seen them for myself.

Another pair who should have been included were David Jack and Raymond Bowden, both started at Argyle and went on to have very distinguished careers at first division and international level-Jack was only one of three players to score a century of goals at two different top level clubs, Greaves and Shearer being the others. My grandfather saw them both play and Mariner as well- i asked him who was the best and he unhesitatingly said that Mariner was, which surprised me as people tend to go for players from the past but maybe was an indication of just how good Paul was. Used to get my cricket and football gear from Bowden sports and met Ray Bowden once-very nice chap, think his brother was also involved in the business.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:01 am

tough one
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 11:26 am

Phillips was good but in lower leagues, Halmosi was a much better player, better even than Carey, Carey was great when he was great but his consistency wasn't the same level as Halmosi.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 12:59 pm

I can see Carey winning but i voted Halmosi despite his short stay here he was great to watch. Phillips like Worrall often overlooked when people talk about the 2 title winning squads for their contributions nelson i never saw play.

i hope they dont waste their time dong a manager lol as we all know sturrock mark 1.0 wins that
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 1:20 pm

Angry wrote:
I can see Carey winning but i voted Halmosi despite his short stay here he was great to watch. Phillips like Worrall often overlooked when people talk about the 2 title winning squads for their contributions nelson i never saw play.

i hope they dont waste their time dong a manager lol as we all know sturrock mark 1.0 wins that

I think Buster was a fans favourite because of his sheer energy and work ethic, much like Norris, Halmosi was so technically gifted he should win hands down imo. Carey was good but inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wall of legends farce   Wall of legends farce - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wall of legends farce
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next