Freathy
Rickler
Mock Cuncher
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:24 pm

"Meanwhile, former Argyle chiefs have been seeking a return to the Home Park boardroom, it has emerged.

At least two of the Pilgrims' former directors have sounded out acting chairman Peter Ridsdale about the possibility of joining his new board.

But Ridsdale said he was yet to consider who he would appoint. "It will be as small a number as possible and it will only be people who can contribute to this club's rehabilitation."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Assuming Todd, Gardner, Kagami and Synan have nothing in them to do with the area and rarely visited Home Park anyway, I'd say it would be a couple of the local goons...

Stapletit and Wrathall?

Jones and Lenszner?

Fat Dan and Foot?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:30 pm

There's a few desperate for power and a board position at the moment, esp. Jones. But I can't help believe that Stapes still thinks he's loved and has the front to beg.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:41 pm

GOB wrote:
"Meanwhile, former Argyle chiefs have been seeking a return to the Home Park boardroom, it has emerged.

At least two of the Pilgrims' former directors have sounded out acting chairman Peter Ridsdale about the possibility of joining his new board.

But Ridsdale said he was yet to consider who he would appoint. "It will be as small a number as possible and it will only be people who can contribute to this club's rehabilitation."

Shouldn't the Riddlers reply have been... "I and Plymouth Argyle will rot in hell before any of the previous directors who were anyway responsible for any of this, are ever involved again"!

So, it's a done deal (a rapson fact) - all that is left to learn is which two it is?

This is a big blow... Half the farm animals have vowed never to watch Argyle again if something like this happened. It will be interesting to see who will stick by their word.

Despite his grunting, I know one little piggy that I bet will always go to market.

Last edited by Rickler on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 pm

The thing is, is it the old directors of the old board or is it the directors of the very old board?

Can't see it being Jones as he set up his stall firmly behind Brent and Lenszner has been very critical of the new owners, so who?
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 pm

I think by a process of elimination, we can safely say it won't be Michael Foot.

Lenszner is my bet. He's come to the fore lately for no good reason.

"Off the christmas card list" is just flim flam. I've been saying this ever since they appeared after a meeting with Ridsdale, those Taverners are in a hurry ... they can't wait to get into a nice plush chair. Of course Napoleon has not liked my opinion. There's a charity ruse in it somewhere, all Ridsdale's idea, probably suggested by planning consultants ... a right old number. Those Taverners would fit like a glove in a Ridsdale boardroom.
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 am

Lenszner won't be a director at any company any time soon.
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:06 am

Why's that posty ? disqualified ? ... you keep an eye on such matters.

I still contend something isn't right about that set up.
Can't think who else it would be apart from Peter Jones and AAAArrrrggghhhhh 666. He must have been approached along with Dawson etc. And then there's Wrathall who has more reason than any of the locals to want his money back

What we really need to know is whether the Heaney and Brent thing is all part of the same plan.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:10 am

It would stink of desperation if it was Jones having stood firmly behind Brent. Interesting about Lenszner too and I think we can be assured it's not the return of Dan because he would wipe the floor with Ridders.

Gotta be our old mate Stapes, surely?

Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:16 am

Edit, probably better by PM.  Laughing

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 17)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:56 am

C'mon Posty....

Not the way things have been done on this site so far...

Out with it!
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:46 am

I suppose the way we should look at it is the most obvious.
All the previous, including Kagami, Todd, Stapleton, are just going through a process of divesting themselves of the liability for as much unsecured debt as possible and ongoing high player wages. Then they pay themselves in effect and are back in the hunt, say, £9 or 10m better off. And while they're at it, take a punt with the council. The whole public charade in Feb/March with the Japan money thing was all a ruse created by the ringmaster.
Just because we fans think they wouldn't dare, doesn't mean they wouldn't ... they want their money.
The absolute desire for anonimity I would guess should confirm it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 am

It's old "not my fault" *****wallet. The recent charm offensive in the 'Erald is the big giveaway clue. And he's been officially forgiven by the farm hierarchy so the red carpet will be rolled out and celebration and jubilation will reign among the terminally stupid as the white mullet returns.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:21 am

Freathy wrote:
It's old "not my fault" *****wallet. The recent charm offensive in the 'Erald is the big giveaway clue. And he's been officially forgiven by the farm hierarchy so the red carpet will be rolled out and celebration and jubilation will reign among the terminally stupid as the white mullet returns.

You goin the Pasoti summer party Sad Act ? Newell has invited us all to eat burgers and sing rugby songs with Ponty leaping on our backs.
Why would he want to involve us when he won't even let us speak on the farm and tries to silence us on other forums ?

What did we do to upset him........... make accurate predictions and fail to Trust in Stapes ? You'd think he'd be apologising for being such a tw@t

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

You goin the Pasoti summer party Sad Act ? Newell has invited us all to eat burgers, sing rugby songs with Ponty .
Why would he do that when he won't even let us speak on the farm and tries to silence us on other forums ?

What did we do to upset him........... make accurate predictions and fail to Trust in Stapes ? You'd think he'd be apologising for being such a tw@t

jocolor

See you there Ginge. We can talk with Naps about getting one over on the mighty Crawley and plan the fan fest v Accrington. Don't forget yer collection bucket!

lol! lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Well it won't be Damon Lenszner.

I gather that his Limited companies went bust and liquidated so he's been disqualified from being a director at any company for seven years.

I also gather the he wasn't so keen to pay the staff of his liquidated companies. what is it is with these director types?
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 pm

GOB wrote:
Well it won't be Damon Lenszner.

I gather that his Limited companies went bust and liquidated so he's been disqualified from being a director at any company for seven years.

I also gather the he wasn't so keen to pay the staff of his liquidated companies. what is it is with these director types?

He was also vice chairman of Plymouth Raiders but stood down last year.

I had a few dealings with him regarding some of the staff he employed at Pacific Staff Recruitment. He seemed quite pleasant.

Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm not so sure that Bobby Williamson would agree with you Frank! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sharkbait

Sharkbait

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Staplecock for sure, I wonder who let who down on the agreement to get Ridsdale in, did Ridsdale shaft Staplecock or did staplecock not know who he was dealing with and thought he'd get his job back on the board or is it all blowing smoke to let Staplecock have a job and picking the right time to unveil him as some sort of saviour that knows the job and is local blah blah blah bollox either way Staplecock has something to do with it all I can smell that c@nt a mile away.
Back to top Go down
Ponty

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

You goin the Pasoti summer party Sad Act ? Newell has invited us all to eat burgers and sing rugby songs with Ponty leaping on our backs.
Why would he want to involve us when he won't even let us speak on the farm and tries to silence us on other forums ?

jocolor

Laughing Laughing

I'm not going Tring, I'm safely in Pontypool, I was up there best part of the day yesterday for a private function, good venue if more people knew about it.

Couldn't take another night in Plymouth, shame coz it's a good night out, pop along if you're in Plymouth, food and a pint plus entertainment for a tenner, ask Postey, he's been to a few with his lady and I think he enjoyed them.

people ARE different away from the PC...
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

jocolor

Laughing Laughing

I'm not going Tring, I'm safely in Pontypool, I was up there best part of the day yesterday for a private function, good venue if more people knew about it.

Couldn't take another night in Plymouth, shame coz it's a good night out, pop along if you're in Plymouth, food and a pint plus entertainment for a tenner, ask Postey, he's been to a few with his lady and I think he enjoyed them.

I'm well aware that people are different away from the pc but in cyberspace, as in the real world, you reap what you sow.
The way Pasoti has been run has resulted in the unpleasantness. You can't honestly expect to meet up for a jolly time,in the real world with fellow fans, when you have spent years trying to deny them a voice.

Back to top Go down
Ponty

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

jocolor

Laughing Laughing

I'm well aware that people are different away from the pc but in cyberspace, as in the real world, you reap what you sow.
The way Pasoti has been run has resulted in the unpleasantness. You can't honestly expect to meet up for a jolly time,in the real world with fellow fans, when you have spent years trying to deny them a voice.

I don't believe I have, you were certainly banned before I was a mod.
Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Yep, I've been to two Fan Fests' and enjoyed both, the atmosphere is like the old days in the Far Post Club.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:23 am

Ponty wrote:
I'm not going Tring, I'm safely in Pontypool,

Freudian slip..?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:51 am

Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

jocolor

Laughing Laughing

I don't believe I have, you were certainly banned before I was a mod.

You were about though. We had a few jousts. Anyway, now that you are a mod, are you going to encourage peace and forgiveness among all Argyle fans and persuade your fellow mods to reinstate us all, or are you, as I've stated elsewhere, on a damage limitation exercise ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fancy a laugh?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fancy a laugh?    Fancy a laugh?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fancy a laugh?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next