akagreengull
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 10:32 pm

Doesn't really matter a rats arse about shots on target or possession stats, Argyle have two things going for them which oddly enough are the hallmarks of any successful team. Firstly they have players on the pitch now with enough quality to score goals and secondly a defence with enough resolution to limit clear cut chances to but a few, backed up by a goalkeeper fast becoming an influential even dominant factor. Not sure what poor old Harv makes of it all but that goal from Mayor was a season highlight and a flicked ball to Ennis [who had his best all round game for Argyle tonight imho] early in the second half was almost as good. No reason for Argyle to fear anyone in the run in now-hard games certainly but then again, teams are not going to relish coming to HP with Argyle on a good run and a raucous crowd behind them, bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 2:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 3:17 am

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 6:36 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Other results still going our way.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:03 am

Good win but 6 out of the remaining 7 games look absolutely horrendous.  Still think we'll just miss out on the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:12 am

Freathy wrote:
Good win but 6 out of the remaining 7 games look absolutely horrendous.  Still think we'll just miss out on the play-offs.

The Doomeister strikes again.lol.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:18 am

Greenskin wrote:
Doesn't really matter a rats arse about shots on target or possession stats, Argyle have two things going for them which oddly enough are the hallmarks of any successful team. Firstly they have players on the pitch now with enough quality to score goals and secondly a defence with enough resolution to limit clear cut chances to but a few, backed up by a goalkeeper fast becoming an influential even dominant factor. Not sure what poor old Harv makes of it all but that goal from Mayor was a season highlight and a flicked ball to Ennis [who had his best all round game for Argyle tonight imho] early in the second half was almost as good. No reason for Argyle to fear anyone in the run in now-hard games certainly but then again, teams are not going to relish coming to HP with Argyle on a good run and a raucous crowd behind them, bring it on.

I said from the first game we will be up there for promotion, I see no reason to change that opinion, in fact with 7 or 8 games to go for teams, I don't even think it is a done deal that Rotherham and Wigan will go up automatically. Certainly will be an exciting run in.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:39 am

once again feck that janner song and if the club must play it one verse only we dont need the whole thing before kickoffits complete overkill especially when its not following on after it stops meaning its not working.

another good win last night, particularly a very good performance from the back three and goalkeeper as Cheltenham looked dangerous going forward and where very lively. Two good goals aswell on show, Ennis is finding his form at the right time this season after injury hampered most of it and is going to make the 60 minute man Jephcott work to get him out of the side atm which is the sort competition i like to see in a squad. Mayor's goal was a beauty and there's no way Hardie could have claimed that one so i was pleased for him he seems to be playing better since Lowe's left i've noticed. I'm still mystified to the reasons we aren't giving more minutes to sessengon given his talent. Scarr is back very soon aswell if not by Ipswich so Schuey is going to have to upset someone in defence to figure him back in if at all. We may aswell send critchlow back unfortunately hes a good defender but hes not getting any game time and its been a waste of time for all parties bringing him in imo.

Got a very tough run coming up but we have made a buffer to give us some breathing space if we do slip up once or twice in the final 7 but securing a playoff spot is firmly in our hands.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:47 am

akagreengull wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I said from the first game we will be up there for promotion, I see no reason to change that opinion, in fact with 7 or 8 games to go for teams, I don't even think it is a done deal that Rotherham and Wigan will go up automatically. Certainly will be an exciting run in.
COYG cheers

Rotherhams spot is up for the taking imo its a shame they are the only ones we aren't playing in the run in.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 8:48 am

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:

The Doomeister strikes again.lol.

Freathy has made progress to be fair, bit of a surprise that the words "play offs" rather than "relegation" feature in his posts.

Offisde was pretty tight, just about but bleddy close.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 9:54 am

Another three points in the bag !!
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 11:18 am

another banana skin avoided. 2 more wins should secure a play off position. Tough run in for sure but on current form I'm not too concerned

Game management has improved immensely, we played well within ourselves and just did what we needed to win the game with the minimum of fuss.

We were organised at the back and the chances they did fashion were ably dealt with by Michael Cooper he seems to really improved the aerial aspect of his game in recent months.

Edwards and Broom in particular were absolutely everywhere!

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 5:30 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

COYG cheers

Take a look on the "Good Bad indifferent" thread from August You said you were more inclined to Freathy's view:-

Well it doesn't look like we have a squad that will get promotion, which is openly the aim of the club. Agree with Freathers points to some extent, concerns over striking power with the players we have, defence opening up as demonstrated by the Championship games. And yes although I'm a supporter of Lowe would agree - he was well and truly out thought tactically by some very able experienced managers last season.
So fingers crossed!
COYG cheers

TBF, no one though we would be where we are today.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 7:46 pm

Grovehill wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

COYG cheers

Take a look on the "Good Bad indifferent" thread from August You said you were more inclined to Freathy's view:-

Well it doesn't look like we have a squad that will get promotion, which is openly the aim of the club. Agree with Freathers points to some extent, concerns over striking power with the players we have, defence opening up as demonstrated by the Championship games. And yes although I'm a supporter of Lowe would agree - he was well and truly out thought tactically by some very able experienced managers last season.
So fingers crossed!
COYG cheers

TBF, no one though we would be where we are today.

i tthink i said i would be happy with staying up, a top mid table flirting with playoffs placing and im very happy the club have exceeded my predictions. 7 games to go with a potential 3 to follow.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 12:35 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town    Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle vs Cheltenham Town
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2