seadog
Angry
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 6:14 pm

[quote="Earwegoagain"]You are all choosing to ignore the point that I'm trying to make which is I was hoping we had a squad that would stick together like the Luggy and Ollie era's did. Don't you think that Friio, Coughoan and Halmosi weren't offered jobs elsewhere? I get the feeling this squad is nearly, very nearly a promotion side but Pan is one of our better players and even if we had the money we received for him to spend on another player (which we were won't) players like him don't grow on trees. Let's not forget it took a couple of years for him to become the player he is now.
Selling our best players can only make us weaker no matter how you spin it.[/quote]

Why can't you get in better players than the ones that leave?

Micky Evans retired, SEB came in. Three shyte defenders left at the end of last season, better players came in.

Randell Tomlinson Law might well make the step up.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 6:50 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
You are all choosing to ignore the point that I'm trying to make which is I was hoping we had a squad that would stick together like the Luggy and Ollie era's did. Don't you think that Friio, Coughoan and Halmosi weren't offered jobs elsewhere? I get the feeling this squad is nearly, very nearly a promotion side but Pan is one of our better players and even if we had the money we received for him to spend on another player (which we were won't) players like him don't grow on trees. Let's not forget it took a couple of years for him to become the player he is now.
Selling our best players can only make us weaker no matter how you spin it.[/quote]

Micky Evans retired, SEB came in. Three shyte defenders left at the end of last season, better players came in.

This is it. If Pan doesn’t stay then the fee must be used to replace at the very least, like for like. He cost us fcuk all, so a decent replacement using the fee received should be more than feasible.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
You are all choosing to ignore the point that I'm trying to make which is I was hoping we had a squad that would stick together like the Luggy and Ollie era's did. Don't you think that Friio, Coughoan and Halmosi weren't offered jobs elsewhere? I get the feeling this squad is nearly, very nearly a promotion side but Pan is one of our better players and even if we had the money we received for him to spend on another player (which we were won't) players like him don't grow on trees. Let's not forget it took a couple of years for him to become the player he is now.

On the other hand,Norris,SEB,Gosling,Akos and Halmosi left,McClean,Folly,Clark,Paterson and Duguid came in.

Not to mention Mariner and Rafferty making way for Terry Austin and Bruce Bannister
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 7:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

On the other hand,Norris,SEB,Gosling,Akos and Halmosi left,McClean,Folly,Clark,Paterson and Duguid came in.

Not to mention Mariner and Rafferty making way for Terry Austin and Bruce Bannister

Nail on head as usual Skinny. Anyway the day we use the £2m or £200k that we received to actually replace a player is the day we will get taken seriously as a promotion club.for every Pan we sign a couple of firemen and ten George Coopers hit the dirt if it were that easy we'd be Man City.
Anyway back to the point that I made all of the players mentioned did leave the club, they all do and several get binned by us but all those I mentioned left AFTER we got to the CCC and left when it all started to go wrong not before we over achieved the same old Argyle the fans strive for so not relevant at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 8:22 pm

We can all mention many players who’ve left and signed for the club to suit our own opinions, but the question remains what does the club do if he doesn’t sign a new contract ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 9:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
We can all mention many players who’ve left and signed for the club to suit our own opinions, but the question remains what does the club do if he doesn’t sign a new contract ?

Kill him, but make it look like an accident obvs.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 9:24 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

If we are ever to rid ourselves of the most Jannerist of Jannerisms - “we’re little Plymouth, we’ll always be shit....” then the mindset of looking to the past and meekly accepting it’ll always be that way, at some point, needs to stop.
Particularly when currently there is more evidence than ever before that we are professionalizing (if that’s even a word) at a rate never before heard of in little Argyle World.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 10:29 pm

Said all along if X player leaves, long as we don't get an Argyle price for them and are able to get a competent replacement, all should be well in the world
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 8:52 am

Jethro wrote:
Said all along if X player leaves, long as we don't get an Argyle price for them and are able to get a competent replacement, all should be well in the world

Who cares about promotion eh? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 10:04 am

Jethro wrote:

Jethro you need to be careful posting common sense on here!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 10:12 am

Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Competent replacement. Sounds easy but why would a CCC club pay two or three hundred K for Pan when there are soooo many players of his ilk to be had for fook all? The reason is like I've said before firstly it's taken two years to get Pan to the standard he is and secondly to find a Pan you have to sign five or six injured duffers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 12:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Competent replacement. Sounds easy but why would a CCC club pay two or three hundred K for Pan when there are soooo many players of his ilk to be had for fook all? The reason is like I've said before firstly it's taken two years to get Pan to the standard he is and secondly to find a Pan you have to sign five or six injured duffers.

So not much chance of him moving anyway then ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 1:05 pm

Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Yeah, Not sure where the other narrative has been spun from.

Looks like wum tactics.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 4:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Make up your mind mate.

You're worried about losing him then say that there's replacements around "for fook all"
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 6:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Make up your mind mate.

You're worried about losing him then say that there's replacements around "for fook all"

Jeez I was being sarcastic look at how many players we have signed since Pan and then tell me how many are not only first team regulars but able to play in the next level from what I can see it's only Ryan Broom and we don't own him. I can understand why he would want to go for more wages what I can't fathom is why our fans would celebrate it happening and ignore all the facts about how easy it is to replace one of if not our best player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 6:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Make up your mind mate.

Jeez I was being sarcastic look at how many players we have signed since Pan and then tell me how many are not only first team regulars but able to play in the next level from what I can see it's only Ryan Broom and we don't own him. I can understand why he would want to go for more wages what I can't fathom is why our fans would celebrate it happening and ignore all the facts about how easy it is to replace one of if not our best player.

Whose celebrating, just stating the obvious that’s all
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 8:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

If we are ever to rid ourselves of the most Jannerist of Jannerisms - “we’re little Plymouth, we’ll always be shit....” then the mindset of looking to the past and meekly accepting it’ll always be that way, at some point, needs to stop.
Particularly when currently there is more evidence than ever before that we are professionalizing (if that’s even a word) at a rate never before heard of in little Argyle World.

This is it.

Everything around the club is different class since those days, we have Neil Dewsnip running the football operation, Dewsnips record in the game is for all to see at Everton and Englandf youth . If we're going to get anywhere it will won't be chucking silly money at half decent pro's when we can get a a few quid for them and reinvesting in the infrastructure or Ryan Broom for iinstance.

I genuinely think we've got one of the best young managers in the game.

We have a CEO that came to us from Liverpool.

The days of out of their depth provincial businessmen and carpet bagging reluctant bidders is over
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

This is it.

Everything around the club is different class since those days, we have Neil Dewsnip running the football operation, Dewsnips record in the game is for all to see at Everton and Englandf youth . If we're going to get anywhere it will won't be chucking silly money at half decent pro's when we can get a a few quid for them and reinvesting in the infrastructure or Ryan Broom for iinstance.

The days of out of their depth provincial businessmen and carpet bagging reluctant bidders is over

If Argyle don't attract sufficient investment to compete at championship level then they will firstly not progress, then stagnate and eventually regress ,no matter how professional the background staff is. It would be nice to think that you're right when you say that the days of "out of their depth businessmen" are over-it wouldn't seem to quite fit with Simon Hallett's very honest and admirable public statement that someone else with deeper pockets would be needed to take the club forward should it reach the championship.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 10:36 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

This is it.

If Argyle don't attract sufficient investment to compete at championship level then they will firstly not progress, then stagnate and eventually regress ,no matter how professional the background staff is. It would be nice to think that you're right when you say that the days of "out of their depth businessmen" are over-it wouldn't seem to quite fit with Simon Hallett's very honest and admirable public statement that someone else with deeper pockets would be needed to take the club forward should it reach the championship.

It’s pretty clear the “out of their depth provincial businessmen” Clodagh refers to, are Bloom, Stapes, Wrathall etc.

Hallett is a huge jump in pay-grade compared to those lot. It does stand to reason though that the higher you go, the bigger the investment needs to be, if you are to have a real go and kick on at the next level again. Nothing ground-breaking there, just common sense.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 9:00 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

This is it.

It’s pretty clear the “out of their depth provincial businessmen” Clodagh refers to, are Bloom, Stapes, Wrathall etc.

Hallett is a huge jump in pay-grade compared to those lot. It does stand to reason though that the higher you go, the bigger the investment needs to be, if you are to have a real go and kick on at the next level again. Nothing ground-breaking there, just common sense.

I wouldn't argue with any of that however I will never agree that selling our best players makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 11:07 am

Unless you are at the very top of the food chain, you are always going to be in a position where you are selling your best players, if they have a value which Camara does in a way that Danny Mayor for instance doesn't.

The difference here the eyes people making the decisions are going to ching with pound signs at the thought of £35,000. They'll be a rational decision made on what bests suits the club I'mn confident of that.

Hallett doesn't make day to day decisions, when he got quizzed by the local rag about deadline day incomings his response was "how the hell would I know".

Also I would think when the time comes, he will seek that further investment. However the correction going on at the top of the game might actually work in our favour for once.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Is Hallett any better placed financially than the Bloom or Mc666 Boards of the 80's and 90's?

Given how everything football related has jumped in prices, I don't think so. Mark Smith an experienced CB from a top ten Championship Club cost about £250K when he joined Argyle, a similar player these days would be nearer £2.5million, I reckon.

Mariner and Rafferty were exceptional players, very hard to replace no matter how much money you spent, I don't think there's anyone in that category at Home Park these day.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 1:30 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Is Hallett any better placed financially than the Bloom or Mc666 Boards of the  80's  and 90's?

Given how everything football related has jumped in prices, I don't think so.   Mark Smith an experienced CB from a top ten Championship Club cost about £250K when he joined Argyle, a similar player these days would be nearer £2.5million, I reckon.

Mariner and Rafferty were exceptional players, very hard to replace  no matter how much money you spent, I don't think there's anyone in that category at Home  Park these day.

Yes. Hallett is infinitely better placed financially than Bloom. I’m surprised you even need to ask that question.

Mad Dan had cash. But he was, well, mad. And he bonkersness is well documented. Although he did stump up the few hundred grand needed at the end to get the horseshoe built.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 3:50 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Is Hallett any better placed financially than the Bloom or Mc666 Boards of the  80's  and 90's?

Given how everything football related has jumped in prices, I don't think so.   Mark Smith an experienced CB from a top ten Championship Club cost about £250K when he joined Argyle, a similar player these days would be nearer £2.5million, I reckon.

Mariner and Rafferty were exceptional players, very hard to replace  no matter how much money you spent, I don't think there's anyone in that category at Home  Park these day.

Doubt if he's as loaded as Blindell was in comparative terms-Argyle did used to splash a bit of cash back in those days, no coincidence that the second highest post war league position was attained alongside the league cup semi final and all the rest of it. Another controversial and divisive figure though, seems to have been a common thread as far as wealthy Argyle owners are concerned.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

This is it.

yep absolutely common sense

Those out of there depth provincial businessman he refer to to were blinded by greed they wanted both ways one foot in the football club & one foot in other business activities outside the club..took there eye off the ball for £££..and we all know how that ended ….by the way this very honest statement from Simon …didn’t Brent say the same just saying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next