19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 9:07 am

POI wrote:
Dozens killed and hundreds injured by carpet bombing in residential areas of Kharkiv as peace talks were being held.

This snake doesn't want peace. FFS. You'd have thought all hostilities would have halted whilst talks took place. Sheesh.

This isn't going to end well. I can feel it in my knee replacement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 10:15 am

That's actually the queue for petrol in Callington.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 10:25 am

Russia's military might seems to be using medieval principles.

And that is....we've got more soldier fodder than you've gor weapons to stop us from winning.

The body bags going back to Russia... is maybe the strongest case for the Russian people to grow a pair...and depose the tyrant Putin for sanity to return.

Rumour that Putin is demanding that the Kremlin needs to be rebuilt....because his new conference table is too long to fit into any existing area available....he is now having to use table mounted binoculars....so he can see his 'team' at the other end of the table and the fear and sweat on their faces.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 11:13 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
That's actually the queue for petrol in Callington.

Feck all in Callington, Feck all fuel in Tavi, or Yelverton. WTF is wrong with people? Uh? I'm back to work on Friday. I have 150 miles left in the tank, and I need 120 for the week! Ohhhh, it's going to be tight. After that - feck knows.

laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 11:18 am

zyph wrote:
Russia's military might seems to be using medieval principles.

And that is....we've got more soldier fodder than you've gor weapons to stop us from winning.

The body bags going back to Russia... is maybe the strongest case for the Russian people to grow a pair...and depose the tyrant Putin for sanity to return.

Rumour that Putin is demanding that the Kremlin needs to be rebuilt....because his new conference table is too long to fit into any existing area available....he is now having to use table mounted binoculars....so he can see his 'team' at the other end of the table and the fear and sweat on their faces.

The Russians are using field crematoriums. They burn the dead on site as to minimise the amount of body bags going back for the Russian public to see.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 11:29 am

Reports from 'The Kyiv Insider' on Twitter:

"Belarusian troops have entered Chernihiv region" in Ukraine.

Great. Another country involved. This certainly has the potential to spiral out of control.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 11:32 am

I like to think the BBC with their chief war correspondent lady who sounds like she learnt English watching the Muppets (seriously listen to her its clear kermit was her fave) truly doesnt believe that Russia was going to invade and takeover Ukraine in less than a week!! on top of not meeting any resistance or setbacks and I believe Russia too also thought that hence why they haven't deploy all its troops at once.

Ukraine and its people are doing what any country any person (except the French) would do when faced with invasion force trying to take their country and that's fight back with all you got and so far thankfully to their credit they are keeping the soviets at bay. Unless they push on and drive them out soon the line behind the Russians only gets reinforced and the outcome becomes inevitable.

If I were there president i wouldn't be using the fact you pissed Russia off into this action causing misery and destruction to your country and continuing by the day with no end in sight by demanding membership of NATO which is a hot topic for them and always has been and that wont change under any president of Russia and then afterwards when it kicks off demand membership in the EU and that application is getting fast tracked... that seems like crass opportunism to me.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 12:13 pm

FFS. The world has officially gone mad.

Orlov and Sergei, the 'Compare The Market' Meerkats, have been pulled from TV screens due to 'sensitivities' surrounding the Russian invasion. I shit you not! laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 12:16 pm

Joining NATO and/or the EU is the only way he can protect himself. What's mad is that it was only 2014 when the Ukrainian people rose up and deposed their puppet Russian led government so wtf is Putin's long term plan? Destroy Ukraine and all it's infrastructure, displace half it's people and then wait for it all to happen again?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 12:17 pm

POI wrote:
FFS. The world has officially gone mad.

Orlov and Sergei, the 'Compare The Market' Meerkats, have been pulled from TV screens due to 'sensitivities' surrounding the Russian invasion. I shit you not! laugh

i guess it didnt take long for the cancel everything we dont agree with to get their teeth into anything russian they can find but that is a stretch too far lol.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 1:37 pm

Meerkats are not even Russian they couldn’t live in that climate 😁
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 2:59 pm

A spokesperson for the site said: “The Compare the Market meerkats are fictional characters. They have no association with Russia and the current situation. “We are continually reviewing our advertising to ensure we're being sensitive to the current situation.”
Lol they always were a Russian billionaire and his sidekick.
They should turn it to their advantage and have them chucking darts at a photo of Putin.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 4:58 pm

can someone please shrink villages photo. thankyou
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:19 am

Just been having a good read of Russian media regarding the Ukraine conflict, very interesting. Reading Russia today you could be excused for thinking their is a few small skirmishes in the breakaway regions and no actual war, its about as believable as the Guardian was about Brexit. Actual state sponsored Russian news in English is hard to find and makes you wonder if we are getting as paranoid as they are in the East? I do often read Moscow Today which is written in Russia but has a definite Western slant to it but it is interesting because it is written by in the know Russians who understand Russia much better than the BBC (who are biased as fook in so many areas they have lost a lot of credibility in my eyes).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This story says that we are hitting the population of Russia very hard and Putin doesn't care less about them, he also says that the sanctions against wealthy Russians will just make them re locate their money to Russia where Putin will use it he also says that the only way to hurt him is for the west to take a hit now by stopping his hydrocarbon exports and stopping the flow of the money received back to him, very interesting reading and makes you wonder if we really have a scooby about how to react against him.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 1:49 pm

I think the only thing we can do is hit Russia very hard with sanctions and that means everybody including arts, all of the eu, industry, banking, sport etc.  It will hurt ordinary Russians hard but there is no other way to do it except all out war, nato verses Russia and I am against that. When there are pictures of people queuing for food and shortages of technology it will be up to the generals to sort putin out.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 2:29 pm

Putin is ordering a new conference table for his inner circle meetings.

It will need to be next to a very large storage room.....where he can keep his multiple spare extension leaves.

When he is feeling confident the table will only be a mere 30 ft long.

When things are going wrong you will be able to tell the state of things be how many extension leaves he needs to feel safe.

He will be in a real bad way...if he moves it out of the Kremlin and into Red Square...with him sitting one end and the remaining of his inner circle sitting the other end of Red Square.

Putins end of course will be protected by a bullet proof glass screen.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 2:39 pm

Chelsea could be sold to a Swiss billionaire.

LINK
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 4:31 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I think the only thing we can do is hit Russia very hard with sanctions and that means everybody including arts, all of the eu, industry, banking, sport etc.  It will hurt ordinary Russians hard but there is no other way to do it except all out war, nato verses Russia and I am against that. When there are pictures of people queuing for food and shortages of technology it will be up to the generals to sort putin out.

You should read that opinion piece above Mouldy, Putin couldn't give a fook about his people and what's more how many people do you think want him dead already? He looks after all the police chiefs and military bosses and lives a separate life from the rest of the population. The only way we can hurt him is take money away from military spending yet he already has a warchest of £650bn if only he had Gordon Brown running his finances we would be laughing.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Roman Abramovich is selling Chelsea and donating the profits of the sale to the casualties of the war.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:07 pm

European countries can stop buying russian oil and gas.  Russia wouldn't last 5 minutes with that on top of all the other sanctions. The russian people would have no choice but to kill putin.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:26 pm

Freathy wrote:
European countries can stop buying russian oil and gas.  Russia wouldn't last 5 minutes with that on top of all the other sanctions. The russian people would have no choice but to kill putin.

Germany isn't going to stop buying gas from Russia anytime soon. Not exactly sure of the figures, but Germany imports, I think, around 60% of it's gas from them. They're fecked after caving into the green mob and decommissioning all of their nuclear power plants. They're now pretty much reliant on the smelly stuff from those commie bastards, and old Putler knows this.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 8:59 pm

Freathy wrote:

no one is going  to stop buying oil and gas from Russia which is why we will probably see the return of oil for food programs in order to still obtain it but not pay or it but still keep sanctions while appearing weak and getting what they want.

I am getting concerned that the media and western countries are running a witch hunt on any and all Russians of any standing who have nothing to do with Putin but are being targeted which is only going to cause cold war like problems the longer they continue doing that. Putin is the one in the wrong not some F1 driver or Paralympian
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 7:26 am

UK to spend over £2bn on imported Russian liquefied natural gas (LNG) this year, despite sanctions. UK imports of Russian gas doubled in 4 years. Ban on Russian-owned ships docking in British ports, doesn’t cover Russian LNG brought to UK by ships from third countries.

Years of underinvestment have left us too reliant on other countries, even in war, for our energy supplies. What's the answer? More green alternatives? nuclear? fracking?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 7:40 am

Time to stop importing all russian oil and gas until putin is dead
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 7:44 am

What if Putins dead? Is that the answer just like if Bojo gets replaced by Gove we are still fecked and I can't imagine there are many moderate and compassionate generals ready and able to take on the running of the Russian state. Fag packet politics imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ukraine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ukraine
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next