Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread

Go down 
+3
Freathy
Earwegoagain
Angry
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 8:49 am

Congrats to France they are a very good team and no mistake. Woodward summed up our problems nicely when asked what needs to change for England to enjoy some success, "selection and training" Jonny Wilkinson added "what is our starting fifteen? You know exactly who France will pick but until we have at least eleven or so players that start every single match we will play like strangers". Nail hit on head.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde


Posts : 886
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 9:08 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol don,t mind admitting when I'm wrong and I was about this Italy squad what a match .

Wasn't it great to watch. The Italy try seemed to come from nowhere and took us all by surprise. Let us hope that this win stifles all those who wish to see the Italians chucked out of the six nations.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 9:44 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol don,t mind admitting when I'm wrong and I was about this Italy squad what a match .

Wasn't it great to watch. The Italy try seemed to come from nowhere and took us all by surprise. Let us hope that this win stifles all those who wish to see the Italians chucked out of the six nations.

One thing that was mooted yesterday was relegation from six nations to give Spain and Georgia a chance, it would add an extra competitive element.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde


Posts : 886
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 9:04 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Congrats to France they are a very good team and no mistake. Woodward summed up our problems nicely when asked what needs to change for England to enjoy some success, "selection and training" Jonny Wilkinson added "what is our starting fifteen? You know exactly who France will pick but until we have at least eleven or so players that start every single match we will play like strangers". Nail hit on head.

It won't happen on Eddie Jones' watch but many are calling for Shaun Edwards the former Wales defensive coach during the Warren Gatland era - and who many consider the architect of France's resurgence, to be offered a a job back in his native land. Edward's 'rugby league' pedigree shouldn't be a hindrance when you consider that Andy Farrell's time in league also saw him working for the RFU before his successful move to Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde


Posts : 886
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 8:24 pm

In the 'European Champions Cup' the Chief's ran out as 13 - 8 winners against Munster at Sandy Park. In the second half a Munster try pegged the Chiefs back after 2 yellow cards reduced them to 13. Stuart Hogg kicked a memorable 45 yard drop goal from just inside the Munster half.

The Irish team had 6 first teamers out for this match of attrition which tells me they will be back fully fit and fresh for the second leg next week - that's the way the Irish with their massive squad play the game.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde


Posts : 886
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 5:54 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
In the 'European Champions Cup' the Chief's ran out as 13 - 8 winners against Munster at Sandy Park. In the second half a Munster try pegged the Chiefs back after 2 yellow cards reduced them to 13. Stuart Hogg kicked a memorable 45 yard drop goal from just inside the Munster half.

The Irish team had 6 first teamers out for this match of attrition which tells me they will be back fully fit and fresh for the second leg next week - that's the way the Irish with their massive squad play the game.  

As anticipated, the Irish fielded their first teamers in the return leg and ran out winners by 26-10 thereby knocking the Chiefs out of the competition by the accumulative score of 34-23. Fly Half Joe Simmons' kicking nightmare continues when missing all his three kicks at goal. In previous seasons, Simmons' success rate was superlative but a drastic loss of form only adds to the torment when the likes of Stuart Hogg who's superior kicking ability was recently on display against Bath wasn't used. Chiefs desperately need a new fly half for next season.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 1112
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 38

Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 6:45 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
In the 'European Champions Cup' the Chief's ran out as 13 - 8 winners against Munster at Sandy Park. In the second half a Munster try pegged the Chiefs back after 2 yellow cards reduced them to 13. Stuart Hogg kicked a memorable 45 yard drop goal from just inside the Munster half.

The Irish team had 6 first teamers out for this match of attrition which tells me they will be back fully fit and fresh for the second leg next week - that's the way the Irish with their massive squad play the game.  

As anticipated, the Irish fielded their first teamers in the return leg and ran out winners by 26-10 thereby knocking the Chiefs out of the competition by the accumulative score of 34-23. Fly Half Joe Simmons' kicking nightmare continues when missing all his three kicks at goal. In previous seasons, Simmons' success rate was superlative but a drastic loss of form only adds to the torment when the likes of Stuart Hogg who's superior kicking ability was recently on display against Bath wasn't used. Chiefs desperately need a new fly half for next season.      

IMO the chiefs are approaching the stage with their current squad where they are going to have to start thinking about a rebuild and move some of their core on in place for younger talent before it gets forced upon them.

pity in a way and a relief in more than one that exeter cant go to another tea and buy a fly half off them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread   Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Jethro's 2022 6 nations thread
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» 2021 Six Nations thread.
» Six Nations
» Six nations FFS!
» The 6 nations
» Pan's off... To the cup of nations

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: