2021 Six Nations thread.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

2021 Six Nations thread. Empty
PostSubject: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 9:23 am

England didn't turn up and lost their 38yr unbeaten Twickers record to the sweaties, France had routine fifty point win against the team that should be binned from the comp and Wales struggled to beat a fourteen man Ireland. Jones is only hope of saving his job is to smash, Wales, France and Ireland now by big scores.
Highlight of the weekend for me watching Wales kick a ball down the left hand side with ten seconds to go and a five point lead which then led to five minutes of twitching spchincters and only a kick out of play at the death stopped Ireland having a five metre line out. Wtf where they thinking?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:39 am

Don't mention the 6 nations. I did but I think I got away with it. Jones has been found out. Drawing against Frances 3rd team in the Autumn showed his tactics weren't working. He has the players, he doesn't use then them the right way. Meanwhile down in Exeter the European Player of the year scored and the captain of the euro and prem champs converted 61 out of his 62 kicks this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:31 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
well england suffered it first casulaty of the new vaccinated england

they lost to a bunch of wildlings from beyond the wall in rugby yesterday in a disgraceful manner.  

And lost a record we have held at Twickers for 38yrs FFS! Wilko summed it up nicely when he said that there have been obvious problems with this on off team for a couple of years but then we win the six nations last year so they say if it's not broken don't fix it yet after that debacle yesterday questions must be asked and we must ring the changes, whether he was talking players, team captain or Eddie Jones I wasn't sure?

eddie jones cause why play saracens players who haven't played in months and those season hasn't even started and isnt likely too for a while yet in a game like that. RFU are not fit for purpose the best of times but giving Eddie a new contract rather than say thankyou and goodbye and usher in a new era was crazy.

save repeating my point from the other thread. shonbo makes a great point about players getting overlooked half that exeter chiefs team should be in the 6 nations squad ahead of the Saracens lot tll they start playing regularly but no matter what the do eddie has his favourites and wont budge just look at cipriani.

I honestly hope England tank this campaign and force the RFU to move Eddie on and bring ina new head coach with new ideas and freshens up the squad with sometime to do that before 2023 World up comes.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

they lost to a bunch of wildlings from beyond the wall in rugby yesterday in a disgraceful manner.  

And lost a record we have held at Twickers for 38yrs FFS! Wilko summed it up nicely when he said that there have been obvious problems with this on off team for a couple of years but then we win the six nations last year so they say if it's not broken don't fix it yet after that debacle yesterday questions must be asked and we must ring the changes, whether he was talking players, team captain or Eddie Jones I wasn't sure?

eddie jones cause why play saracens players who haven't played in months and those season hasn't even started and isnt likely too for a while yet in a game like that. RFU are not fit for purpose the best of times but giving Eddie a new contract rather than say thankyou and goodbye and usher in a new era was crazy.

save repeating my point from the other thread. shonbo makes a great point about players getting overlooked half that exeter chiefs team should be in the 6 nations squad ahead of the Saracens lot tll they start playing regularly but no matter what the do eddie has his favourites and wont budge just look at cipriani.

I honestly hope England tank this campaign and force the RFU to move Eddie on and bring ina new head coach with new ideas and freshens up the squad with sometime to do that before 2023 World up comes.

Cips, you just metioned Cips. See how well Gloucester have got on since he left. My bromance is Cips and Itoje, the only Sarries player aprt from the Scottish winger MAitland to play anything like they can. Did I mention I love Cips?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 12:14 pm

shonbo wrote:
Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

Cips, you just metioned Cips. See how well Gloucester have got on since he left. My bromance is Cips and Itoje, the only Sarries player aprt from the Scottish winger MAitland to play anything like they can. Did I mention I love Cips?

you should be his agent as atm hes not attracting any offers since leaving Gloucester as mad as that sounds.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 12:49 pm

Cipriani is an incredible talent but like many geniuses in sport he’s flawed. Certainly not a team player.
Eddie is a victim of his own intransigence regarding selection.
He won’t budge from his love of Sarries players despite them being unfit & in some cases well past it.
Billy Vunipola & his glass arm is well past his best & about 2 stone too heavy & Owen Farrell isn’t even the best fly-half in his own family.
Ignoring the current European player of the year & leading premiership try scorer, Sam Simmonds is criminal.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm

There were many disbelieving people last Autumn when Simmonds wasn't picked I would have thought he was a shoe in for the six nations. As for Farrell his kicking at goal is quality, what isn't so good is the couple of proper awful passes he plays every game and on Staurday he just ran about bemusedly at times. Scotland gained field position or touch where they wanted it almost every time they kicked, we just kicked away possession every time. Why the fook were we playing the Scottish game at Twickers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 4:57 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Cipriani is an incredible talent but like many geniuses in sport he’s flawed. Certainly not a team player.
He won’t budge from his love of Sarries players despite them being unfit & in some cases well past it.
Billy Vunipola & his glass arm is well past his best & about 2 stone too heavy & Owen Farrell isn’t even the best fly-half in his own family.
Ignoring the current European player of the year & leading premiership try scorer, Sam Simmonds is criminal.

agreed that just shows how out of touch Eddie is with the game now and why the RFU should have moved him on after the last world cup cause its criminal he wont call up Sam Simmonds you cant do no more than win European player of the year to earn a call up at least.
Olly Woodburn produces some great rugby time and time again over the years and Eddie just wont even give him a call up let alone a cap but some reservist comes on for saracens and instant call up.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 1:46 pm

England need to win by more than fifty points today. Jones looking less and less secure a bad result or even display will heap it on him. Farrell needs to improve massively today tbh I wouldn't have been surprised if he were dropped after last week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
England need to win by more than fifty points today. Jones looking less and less secure a bad result or even display will heap it on him. Farrell needs to improve massively today tbh I wouldn't have been surprised if he were dropped after last week.

hes a saracens darling and eddie likes them. There is no reason at all why we shouldnt hammer italy today if we dont Eddie's pressure will mount even more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:19 pm

so far italy 5-0 all over england :O

you know what i hope italy win i just want eddie gone now.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:20 pm

2.30 Italy 5 England 0. Italy should go on to win this easily now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:38 pm

Meh!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:57 pm

15-8 to england at the moment.

This Italy side are young and i dont think its going to be too long maybe a year or two before Italy really step a level and become more competitive in the 6 (probably 7 very soon if South Africa get their way) nations with a win or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 3:03 pm

well i might be an england fan but was no try as that ball dropped before it was grounded.. their VAR is as shit as footballs lol.20-8
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 3:05 pm

Didn't see anything wrong with that try luckily neither did var. Made hard work of it but should pile on the points second half, still giving away stupid pens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:55 pm

he was lucky the refs were librel as the fact the ball dropped inches from the ground probably would have been taken off him on other days but lucky for him it wasnt.

bonus point win but not the convincingly win i was hoping for to restore some belief in eddie jones led England. I Was a bit supprised itv made a meal out of that injury to jack willis like it was up there with david busst leg break all those years ago just because he screamed.

Overall simmonds again played out of his skin for Chiefs today and should be in this squad.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Watched that try about ten times and can't see the ball leave his hand. Not convincing we're we?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Not convincing at all. Any half decent side will always rip Italy a new one, oh, & Farrell still can’t tackle legally.
Could easily have been carded twice.
BTW Eddie, Sam Simmonds scored another two tries today. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:09 am

Lord Melbury wrote:

Cipriani has certainly had many a magic moment throughout a career that has also been peppered with some pretty unsavoury drink-filled escapades. At 33 years of age there can't be many coaches willing to take a chance on him although I had heard that Bath might be interested considering the lowly league position they currently occupy.

Watching the England match I thought Luke Cowan-Dickie had a cracking game and feel that Eddie Jones should now promote him above Jamie George in his pecking order. I confidently predict Luke will again get the shirt next time out.

I heartily agree that Jones' continual overlooking of Sam Simmons is a travesty. The only reason I can come up with is that Sam is only 16 stone which is mighty light for a No8. I also believe that Jones is the sort of bloke who dislikes pundits and the hoi polloi picking the team for him.

Here is the player ratings vs London Irish. The pitch looks pretty cut-up which must be down to the fact that it is under constant use what with the ladies team.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 am

Angry wrote:
so far italy 5-0 all over england :O

you know what i hope italy win i just want eddie gone now.

I said the same thing. That was our first choice side, something is wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 10:10 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

Cipriani has certainly had many a magic moment throughout a career that has also been peppered with some pretty unsavoury drink-filled escapades. At 33 years of age there can't be many coaches willing to take a chance on him although I had heard that Bath might be interested considering the lowly league position they currently occupy.

Watching the England match I thought Luke Cowan-Dickie had a cracking game and feel that Eddie Jones should now promote him above Jamie George in his pecking order. I confidently predict Luke will again get the shirt next time out.

I heartily agree that Jones' continual overlooking of Sam Simmons is a travesty. The only reason I can come up with is that Sam is only 16 stone which is mighty light for a No8. I also believe that Jones is the sort of bloke who dislikes pundits and the hoi polloi picking the team for him.

Here is the player ratings vs London Irish. The pitch looks pretty cut-up which must be down to the fact that it is under constant use what with the ladies team.

Cipriani can still do the job so a team like Bath would be ideal for him as his chances of playing for a top 4 side are very thin now.
and Cowan-Dickie unfortunately doesn't play for Saracens so he's not going to be a starter for Eddie Jones regardless to how good he is, its the number one requirement.

Rob Baxter would be my choice to replace Eddie when the time comes. He has an eye for young talent and can mould teams around that to produce winning rugby teams without ignoring experience so he surely would be a front runner when the job comes up.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

Cipriani can still do the job so a team like Bath would be ideal for him as his chances of playing for a top 4 side are very thin now.
and Cowan-Dickie unfortunately doesn't play for Saracens so he's not going to be a starter for Eddie Jones regardless to how good he is, its the number one requirement.

Rob Baxter would be my choice to replace Eddie when the time comes. He has an eye for young talent and can mould teams around that to produce winning rugby teams without ignoring experience so he surely would be a front runner when the job comes up.

The bush telegraph tells me that Bath tried to sign Cipriane but it looks like they will have to wait until next season as the man has been mulling over his options.

Check out the many forums like that of Leicester and Northampton and you can't help but notice that Rob Baxter is the firm favourite to take over from Eddie Jones. However, most are aware that along with brother Ritchie he still helps out on his dad's farm. Aparently he still lives on the premises in adjoining houses. I'll admit to worrying that should he later decide to leave that he would take Ali Hepher with him.

Hmm, I'm still of the opinion that LCD will hold on to the No2 shirt on account of his superior performance in the Italy game.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 7:28 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
The bush telegraph tells me that Bath tried to sign Cipriane but it looks like they will have to wait until next season as the man has been mulling over his options.
No real urgency to improve squads now that PRL have scrapped relegation, supposedly just for this season.
Hopefully they’ll stick to that. Be farcical to carry on like that beyond one season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 11:32 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
No real urgency to improve squads now that PRL have scrapped relegation, supposedly just for this season.
Hopefully they’ll stick to that. Be farcical to carry on like that beyond one season.

said it many times the RFU dont give a feck about the game below the premiership and the funding gets cut from them towards the championship and down every year so they may aswell cut the premiership off from the rest and let the other no prem teams compete in their own league pyramid.

*saracens obviously will go up first before they lock it off permanently as the rfu wouldn't want to loose its franchise Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Six Nations thread.   2021 Six Nations thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 Six Nations thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next