mouldyoldgoat
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Jethro
Angry
10 posters
AuthorMessage

New Coach - Mark Hughes? Empty
PostSubject: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 10:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 9:27 pm

im not sure how to react to this if he is coming in to be steven' right hand man. At this rookie stage of his career he really needs experience and know how along side him not an unproven coach who hasnt coached before may have done badges i dnt know at this stage all because he knows him from Everton's YTS and is his friend.

if hes just coming to coach and another guy is still coming in to be the Assistant then i got no qualms about this rumored appointment after all having someone with a defensive background is very much needed on the staff and was lacking under lowe last season badly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:02 am

Confirmed
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 am

That shut gobshite Barton up.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:45 am

Welcome to the firm Mark Hughes.

Its good to have someone with an idea of defending on the team i feel we seriously lacked that under the cleaner shagger.

Does appear to me that steven will be stepping back somewhat from coaching duties now hes boss and will mostly observe with these appointments.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:46 am

CLUB NEWS

Hughes becomes a Green

We are delighted to announce that Mark Hughes has joined Steven Schumacher’s backroom staff as a first team coach.

The former Accrington Stanley defender has most recently been playing at Sky Bet League Two side Bristol Rovers.

Hughes played six times for the Gas this season where he also made his first foray into coaching alongside Rovers’ boss Joey Barton.

The 35-year-old former Everton academy graduate is currently studying for his UEFA A Licence and has stepped up in helping coach the Rovers first team this season.

Mark will work alongside Keith Downing, Kevin Nancekivell and Darren Behcet in all first team affairs.

Steven and Mark know each other very well, having been teammates at Everton, Bury and Stevenage and are close friends away from football.

On the appointment Mark said, “It is something I have always wanted to do and football is in my blood.

“Steven and I speak on the phone regularly and I am lucky to be given this opportunity alongside a friend which will make it all the more special.

“I am grateful for the opportunity I got at Bristol Rovers to start my coaching journey and am looking forward to starting a new one at Argyle.”

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip added, “We are delighted to have secured Mark's services, he will be a wonderful addition to the coaching team.

“He is someone who I have worked with before and like Steven he is first and foremost, an outstanding person whose had an excellent career in the game and has gained immense knowledge, which will be invaluable to our first team for the foreseeable future.”

Welcome to Home Park, Mark.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:55 am

Angry wrote:
Welcome to the firm Mark Hughes.

Its good to have someone with an idea of defending on the team i feel we seriously lacked that under the cleaner shagger.

Does appear to me that steven will be stepping back somewhat from coaching duties now hes boss and will mostly observe with these appointments.

From the video interview he's done sounds quite switched on knows its his first gig and that he doesn't know it all. but won't just be a yes man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:18 am

Don’t quite understand it but welcome anyway
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 1:37 pm

I welcome this one as Angers said we have looked very suspect in defence.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 6:38 am

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 8:58 am

Welcome to Argyle Mark.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Plymouth Argyle did not pay any compensation to Bristol Rovers to secure the services of new first team coach Mark Hughes, Steven Schumacher has revealed.

The Pilgrims' boss was appreciative of the fact that Hughes was allowed to join the Pilgrims, even though he was under contract as a Rovers' player until the end of the season.

Schumacher stated that 35-year-old Hughes was going to be an important part of his revamped coaching team at the League One club.

Rovers boss Joey Barton had initially declared that if Argyle wanted Hughes they would have to pay for him but eventually changed his stance on that.

Schumacher said: "Mark went to speak to Joey last week and told him what he wanted to do. Mark has been suffering with an injury - an Achilles problem - which is still a bit of an issue for him.

"He told him that this opportunity had come up and asked his permission if he was okay to go.

"At first, I think Joey was not so keen on that idea but eventually came round, thankfully, and allowed him to come and join us.

"I appreciate that because Mark's going to be a real important member of my coaching team, hopefully for years to come."
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 1:55 pm

Jethro wrote:
Plymouth Argyle did not pay any compensation to Bristol Rovers to secure the services of new first team coach Mark Hughes, Steven Schumacher has revealed.

The Pilgrims' boss was appreciative of the fact that Hughes was allowed to join the Pilgrims, even though he was under contract as a Rovers' player until the end of the season.

Schumacher stated that 35-year-old Hughes  was going to be an important part of his revamped coaching team at the League One club.

Rovers boss Joey Barton had initially declared that if Argyle wanted Hughes they would have to pay for him but eventually changed his stance on that.

Schumacher said: "Mark went to speak to Joey last week and told him what he wanted to do. Mark has been suffering with an injury - an Achilles problem - which is still a bit of an issue for him.

"He told him that this opportunity had come up and asked his permission if he was okay to go.

"At first, I think Joey was not so keen on that idea but eventually came round, thankfully, and allowed him to come and join us.

"I appreciate that because Mark's going to be a real important member of my coaching team, hopefully for years to come."
BUT ..in the meantime he will be filling in the gap left by Galloway 😉
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 3:25 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Schumacher stated that 35-year-old Hughes  was going to be an important part of his revamped coaching team at the League One club.

Not with an Achilles injury still an issue with him
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 3:42 pm

Graiser wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Not with an Achilles injury still an issue with him
yeah but his is slight Achilles injury (by now) is a lot less than 18months I reckon for Galloway busted knee cap!
Maybe he will step into that gap as well but if not you add a new centre half to the list as well
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 5:43 pm

i imagine hes now retired from playing so it matters not if hes injured or not. I truly hope he will be the spark in getting the team to defend better as a unit overtime much like John Blackley did when he came in the first time.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 7:24 pm

If we had signed him as a player I would have said WTAF? He's obviously been signed as a coach hence the first we read of him was highlighting his coaching badges.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 9:17 am

I like the fact that Schuey wants Hughes in the staff group, precisely because he is not a yes man. See how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 1:10 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I like the fact that Schuey wants Hughes in the staff group, precisely because he is not a yes man. See how it goes.

5 wins on the trot,with no goals conceded, I'd say it's going as good as it can.

I think the changes since that other fella left have worked out very well.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 10:05 am

Agree, at the moment Argo have the best form in the league and one of the best defences, and that is without Scarr and Galloway.
We have a far stronger bench this season, and the luxury of rotating four effective strikers.
Coming together nicely. geek
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 2:58 pm

Agreed after a initial sticky few games schuey beginning to roll coming along nicely hopefully to continue
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 10:53 am

The improvement in defensive organisation is there for all to see and I credit that with Hughes.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 11:47 am

What makes no sense at all, is how Bristol Rovers have improved massively since Hughes has left. 8 clean sheets in their last 10 and they’ve shot up from lower mid-table to a fair bet for automatic promotion. Fair play to that utter Cnut Barton....I’m not sure how he makes time for his coaching duties, what with all his Court appearances for attacking various people, managers, wives, etc etc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Coach - Mark Hughes?   New Coach - Mark Hughes? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Coach - Mark Hughes?
Page 1 of 1