Grovehill
Greenskin
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey Empty
PostSubject: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 2:52 pm

We beaten Walsall today Very Happy i wonder who it could be

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 3:00 pm

Macaulay Gillesphey

cant say I've ever heard of him but a former newcastle unite yts and was at Carlisle before going down under in 2019.

Welcome to the club
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 4:11 pm

They have been saying this for a some time that we will have

DAN (Scarr)  Macaulay (Gillesphey) back at Argyle cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 4:48 pm

Machine guns full of shite locked and loaded, let the negativity commence.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 5:46 pm

lol! Genuinely thought that he was coming from Leyton Orient when i read the tweet,even had a look at their forums-what an unobservant numpty! No idea what the guy is like but good luck to him and at least Grovey can't say that Brisbane is in the same vicinity as Bury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
They have been saying this for a some time that we will have

DAN (Scarr)  Macaulay (Gillesphey) back at Argyle cheers drunken

What a way to put fans off lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 6:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
lol! Genuinely thought that he was coming from Leyton Orient when i read the tweet,even had a look at their forums-what an unobservant numpty! No idea what the guy is like but good luck to him and at least Grovey can't say that Brisbane is in the same vicinity as Bury.

hes going to have to move close if not in Plymouth cause its a bit of trip to commute from Brisbane Australia

surely groovey you can accept that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Same birthplace as the Charlton brothers and was once signed by Robbie Fowler.

Is Robbie another of Ryan's bezzy mates so recommended him. Or does  the  PAFC stats analysis cover the whole world?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 6:22 pm

Why the fook have we signed him? He's a fookin Aussie cnut. What would some overseas twat know about playing football?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Rickler wrote:
Why the fook have we signed him?  He's a fookin Aussie cnut.  What would some overseas twat know about playing football?

newcastle england or near abouts actually sarcasm sarcasm

coming home on parole Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 pm

May be part of the new trade deal.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Rickler wrote:
Why the fook have we signed him?  He's a fookin Aussie cnut.  What would some overseas twat know about playing football?

I would imagine its because of Covid led cash shortages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Brisbane Roar can confirm that defender Macaulay Gillesphey will depart the Club after two seasons to return home to his native England.

Gillesphey has agreed to join EFL League One side Plymouth Argyle following his 50th A-League appearance and second successive Finals Series campaign with the Roar.

"For me it feels like the right time to head home – it's been a long two years being away from my girlfriend and family," Gillesphey said.

"I feel I've come out here and done well. I've progressed as a player. It was a big step to move to the other side of the world by myself, but I'm glad it's paid off and I've loved every minute, both the football and the lifestyle.

"I want to thank the Club for giving me the opportunity and everyone for being so welcoming, from my team-mates to the fans and all the coaches, right down to the physio and fitness staff in Jas [Sidhu] and Nathan [Sherlock] who have been amazing for me.

"I'm thankful to everybody."

Gillesphey, 25, joined Brisbane from Carlisle United ahead of the 2019/20 Season and went on to win the Gary Wilkins Medal as the Club's A-League Player of the Season.

He scored once during that campaign and added another three goals this term as the Roar recorded a top-four finish for the second year running.

"While we would have loved to have kept Macaulay, we respect his desire to head home and be closer to family and friends," Head Coach Warren Moon said.

"He has been a very reliable part our defence, a well-liked member of the team, and I'm sure he will be fondly remembered by Brisbane Roar fans.

"Myself and everyone at the Club wishes him good luck for this next chapter."
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Near enough....it starts with a B....... red card
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 5:48 am

Its a keeper we need otherwise we'll start the season effectively 10 goals adrift
Its all there on youtube for last season.

Good to see RL is addressing defensive issues though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 8:32 am

Grovehill wrote:
Same birthplace as the Charlton brothers and was once signed by Robbie Fowler.

Is Robbie another of Ryan's bezzy mates so recommended him. Or does  the  PAFC stats analysis cover the whole world?

your on the money here Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 3:05 pm

Quote from down under

Christopher Harper

He was a standout player for us at the Roar. One of the A-League’s better defenders. Sorry to see him go, but you’re picking up a good one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 5:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Quote from down under

Christopher Harper

He was a standout player for us at the Roar. One of the A-League’s better defenders. Sorry to see him go, but you’re picking up a good one!

was he in neighbours or home and away?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 1:28 pm

He's Come From a Land Down under
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 2:32 pm

Presumably scouted by video?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 5:59 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Recommended by Robbie Fowler.

Owner says Analytics is the way to recruit players.

Manager signs players he's played in the same side as or on mates recommendations
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 6:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Manager signs players he's played in the same side as or on mates recommendations
Guess we will see, how recruiting a ex Carlisle player from the Aussie A league pans out,  on the face of it seems a big gamble.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Grovehill wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

The Plymouth Live version:

The Pilgrims' boss has talked about the signing of Macaulay Gillesphey from A-League club Brisbane Roar

Ryan Lowe has revealed that his former Bury player Jay O’Shea first raised the prospect of him signing defender Macaulay Gillesphey for Plymouth Argyle.

Lowe also sought out the opinion of ex-England and Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler, who signed the 25-year-old for Australian side Brisbane Roar in 2019.

The recommendations from O’Shea and Fowler paved the way for Gillesphey to sign a two-year contract with the Pilgrims.

The deal is subject to international clearance and the passing of a medical, with the Newcastle United academy product already on his way to England.

Gillesphey’s second season with Brisbane Roar ended on Sunday when they lost 2-1 at home to Adelaide United in the first stage of the A-League Finals Series.

Also in their side was 32-year-old O’Shea, who was a team-mate of Lowe at Bury before the latter became their manager.

Lowe told Plymouth Live: “Jay O’Shea is good mates with him (Gillesphey) from over there. He played with him for the past two seasons.

“The boy had said he wanted to get back to England and Jay told him he would be perfect for the way I play because he’s a left-sided centre-half.

“Then Jay got in touch with me and Schuey (assistant manager Steven Schumacher) and that’s really where the interest came from.

“Jay said he was quality, and his agent contacted us so we sat down with him and discussed what the situation looked like and how it was going to work.

“He was their player-of-the-year last season and was probably not far off their player-of-the-year this season.

“I did my due diligence and spoke to Robbie Fowler regarding him and he said ‘Great lad, great player’.

“Obviously, he can improve, which most players can. Once we sat down the agent and then I spoke to Macaulay it was a done deal.

“It has been in the pipeline for a little while but we had to respect Brisbane because they had offered him a new contract.

“We had to wait until he told them that he wasn’t signing and then we could speak to the boy.

“There was a lot of interest in him from Australia as well, and a lot of interest from England.

“So it was one that came out of the blue in terms of an old player of ours recommending him.

“All his numbers added up of the type of player he is and here he is, he’s going to be a Plymouth Argyle once his medical has come through.”

Lowe continued: “When I first started management I always said I didn’t want to miss a call.

“So I remember having two phones at one point, because that call you might miss could be someone that you think ‘I could have had him’.

“We still speak to Jay O’Shea now. He has got a good relationship with Schuey and myself.

“He’s a good player and knows his football. He has seen a lad there with potential and has thought he would be perfect for us.

“So he recommended him to us first and foremost and then we put everything together, the due diligence and all the numbers stacked up, it was a no-brainer.

“He has got the pedigree. Players from Newcastle are no mugs.

“He went away for two years, away from his family at a young age, and tested himself.

“He was desperate to get back to England and here he is with us.”

Gillesphey joined Brisbane, the three times A-League champions, from Carlisle United.

Fowler was manager of the Roar at the time so knows all about him.

“When I spoke to Robbie about him he said he was their player-of-the-year, has a great left foot, can defend, can attack,” explained Lowe.

“They are hard to come by those types of players. We didn’t have to sell much to Macaulay.

“He knew what Plymouth Argyle was about. He’s going to move down with his girlfriend.

“So I’m really pleased. He’s a good lad, a good footballer and there is room for improvement with him also.”

Brisbane finished fourth in the 12-team A-League this season, with Gillesphey starting 22 of their 26 games and scoring three goals.

Lowe said: “It’s fast and furious. When you think of the A-League you look at all these players who are over there now.

“Craig Noone is over there (at Melbourne City) and he used to play for Argyle, and obviously there is Jay O’Shea.

“We know it’s a good league, we know it has got better year after year so we have no doubt that Macaulay will come in and hit the ground running.”
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 5:44 am

Lowe needs to come good and hit the ground running this season
Its somewhat concerning that currently we seem to be going with the same midfield and attack that hardly covered themselves in glory last season
George Cooper could be viewed as new signing I guess.

The lack of an experienced keeper is concerning. We're going to see the exact same mistakes as last season. Problem for Lowe (again) is he set his stall out by saying Cooper is a great keeper and is now stuck with that diagnosis

Rickler screenshot that because the errors will come up throughout the season and sadly most know it
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 11:05 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Lowe needs to come good and hit the ground running this season
Its somewhat concerning that currently we seem to be going with the same midfield and attack that hardly covered themselves in glory last season
George Cooper could be viewed as new signing I guess.

The lack of an experienced keeper is concerning. We're going to see the exact same mistakes as last season. Problem for Lowe (again) is he set his stall out by saying Cooper is a great keeper and is now stuck with that diagnosis

Rickler screenshot that because the errors will come up throughout the season and sadly most know it

So, in other words, another season of fixated and mostly nonsensical blame attribution from your good self is on the way. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey   incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey Empty

Back to top Go down

incoming number 3- Macaulay Gillesphey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next