seadog
Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Danny Mayor signs new contract - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
ive said it elsewhere but go watch the movie moneyball with brad pitt and jonah hill its  a truse story about the oakland A's who practically invented this way of doing transfers. It will help the likes of groovy understand it better cause he hasnt got a club atm.

I understand the theory. I read the book. I just think that an estimation of an individual based  purely on statistical analysis is more suited to baseball where each player competes more as an individual that football where the players have to work as a team.

For example a  Pitcher doesn't have to rely on and interact with the other individuals in the "team" in the same way as say a centre forward does.

Jamie Vardy is an excellent player, buy if his team mates don't provide the passes he thrives on, he won't score goals. When he was in non league football he wasn't the outstanding player he later became when he was in a team set up to create goal scoring opportunities for him.

A scout saw his "potential,"  he didn't analysis the team's shots per game ratio when Vardy played compared to when he didn't

i get your point there and i certainly hope Ryan is watching these players before giving the green light on pursuing them and not just going with the stats. It wouldn't be wise to trust the word of statso when you could manipulate stats to say what you want really so it would be wise of him to watch tapes of targets identified using this system.

With the movie/book it would be a good tool for those to watch/read it so they can see how this works in theory and why its becoming more popular with all sports. Oakland A's used it as they where strapped for cash and had no money to sign top players so had to look for certain types of players to do certain roles and often those players where injury prone and where retrained to play other positions.
Back to top Go down

Danny Mayor signs new contract
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2