Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Danny Mayor signs new contract Empty
PostSubject: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 3:10 pm

Midfield playmaker Danny Mayor has signed a two-year contract extension at Home Park.

Midfield talisman Danny Mayor has committed his future to Argyle, penning a two-year deal at Home Park.

The 30-year-old made 49 appearances for the Greens in all competitions last season, scoring two goals - in victories over QPR and Lincoln City at Home Park.

The Preston North End youth graduate followed manager Ryan Lowe and his back-room team to Argyle from Bury in the summer of 2019, making an instant impact in Devon.

Danny's trademark driving runs from midfield and creative spark earned him a place in the PFA League Two Team of the Year in the Pilgrims' promotion-winning 19/20 campaign - and he maintained his influence as the Greens retained their Sky Bet League One status the following season.

The Leyland-born playmaker joins Argyle Player of the Season Joe Edwards and young prospects Ollie Tomlinson and Ryan Law in signing on for the upcoming campaign, alongside new signing James Wilson and a core of already contracted players.

Danny expressed his delight in extending his spell at Home Park, saying: “I'm just excited, really. We've got a young manager who is ambitious, I think the club is ambitious, and I'm really excited to continue to be a part of it.

“I have always been really keen to sign on again if the opportunity arose, and, as soon as I had the blessing from my family, it was a no brainer for me to keep playing my football at Argyle."

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: “I’m obviously delighted that Danny has signed a new deal with us, he’s one of the most exciting players in the division. I always had confidence that he would stay on, he loves it at Argyle, and his role at the club.

“To sign on for two more years, bringing him to four at Argyle and five under my management, shows his commitment to the project, and he’s a big part of what we’re about.”
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 3:34 pm

Great news!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Most underrated player at Argyle in fifty years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Most underrated player at Argyle in fifty years.

According to many posters on here he’s the most overrated player in 50 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Bleddy good news, made my day
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 5:23 pm

Good news indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 5:52 pm

shouted feckin get in there so loudly the rabbi i think it was came out of the synagogue in town i was walking passed to see if i was ok lol.

Great news obviously he is a key player even though i do think he needs to work on creating more goal scoring chances and work on his own shooting at goal more so than his flair at times but cant deny he is a joy to watch and we will need him next season for sure.

Just Conor Grant to wait on now hopefully he does sign his deal as he created the most goals last season.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Great news for us decent and normal fans.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Great news, he's got that something extra about him that makes him stand out in games.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 7:13 pm

For L1 last season the stats say: D Mayor 44 games 1 goal, 3 assists

G Cooper 12 games 1 goal, 2 assists

Don't shoot the messenger!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Grovehill wrote:

i dont think anyone is going to disagree that creating more goals is must throughout the team especially from those two aswell.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:07 pm

Grovehill wrote:

I didn't think you put much worth in stats?

Which one do you think is the better player?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:

There’s always a smart arse, or to be correct someone who thinks he’s a smart arse, didn’t think statistics was your thing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 4:20 am

Ohh just brilliant. Most overrated player in 50 years re signs and the church bells are ringing. The race to the bottom continues.
Just reread TGWU's 3rd sentence in OP...(go on)

Further words superfluous. Farcical.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 am

The stats I put up seem to indicate Mayor is more reputation than reality. Certainly Argyle wouldn't be trying to sign a player based on those stats (if that is the only criteria)

Would love to see George Cooper play in midfield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 11:15 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Ohh just brilliant. Most overrated player in 50 years re signs and the church bells are ringing. The race to the bottom continues.
Just reread TGWU's 3rd sentence in OP...(go on)

Further words superfluous. Farcical.

and this coming from a dickhead who only wanted a 38 year old backup goalie passed his best who made 2 cameo appearances all season offered a new contract Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Ex Argyle lad Lloyd Jones has turned down a new contract at Northampton as he wants to stay in L1

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Ex Argyle lad Lloyd Jones has turned down a new contract at Northampton as he wants to stay in L1

wrong thread
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 1:57 pm

[quote="Grovehill"]For L1 last season the stats say: D Mayor 44 games 1 goal, 3 assists

So which is wrong? Using stats as a basis for recruiting players, or the general opinion that Danny Mayor is one of Argyle's best current players?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 5:13 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

So which is wrong? Using stats as a basis for recruiting players, or the general opinion that Danny Mayor is one  of Argyle's best current players?

Neither.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 5:17 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

So which is wrong? Using stats as a basis for recruiting players, or the general opinion that Danny Mayor is one  of Argyle's best current players?

I’d hazard a guess that analytic data used to assess a players recruitment-worthiness, goes a little deeper than ‘how many did he score or assist’?

Mayor would be the perfect example.

I remember at one point last season somebody pulled up a table and Mayor was top of the league for the number of ‘goal involvements’ stats. Anyone who has watched Argyle with their eyes open in the last two years will know that Mayors principle role has been to receive the ball out of defence, drive forward, and many times play in an overlapping wing-back who crosses......and hey presto, gets an assist to his name if his intended target hits the net.
Mayor won’t be recognised in the bulk assist/score category, but he’s played an equally crucial part in the goal.

And before anyone says “Mayor should assist/score more”....there’s a reason he’s spent his career chiefly in the bottom two tiers. If he added that to his game on a regular basis he’d be in the upper echelons of the Championship, and a long way from Home Park.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm

ive said it elsewhere but go watch the movie moneyball with brad pitt and jonah hill its a truse story about the oakland A's who practically invented this way of doing transfers. It will help the likes of groovy understand it better cause he hasnt got a club atm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 7:43 pm

I’m late to this item but he is a very talented player and I’m shocked he actually signed up for 2 more years - with the right players around him, he will be electric!! Let’s hope we shore up around the team and storm this league - he at least knows the fans will flock to see a winning side. 😀😀
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Angry wrote:
ive said it elsewhere but go watch the movie moneyball with brad pitt and jonah hill its  a truse story about the oakland A's who practically invented this way of doing transfers. It will help the likes of groovy understand it better cause he hasnt got a club atm.

I understand the theory. I read the book. I just think that an estimation of an individual based  purely on statistical analysis is more suited to baseball where each player competes more as an individual that football where the players have to work as a team.

For example a  Pitcher doesn't have to rely on and interact with the other individuals in the "team" in the same way as say a centre forward does.

Jamie Vardy is an excellent player, buy if his team mates don't provide the passes he thrives on, he won't score goals. When he was in non league football he wasn't the outstanding player he later became when he was in a team set up to create goal scoring opportunities for him.

A scout saw his "potential," he didn't analysis the team's shots per game ratio when Vardy played compared to when he didn't
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Mayor signs new contract    Danny Mayor signs new contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Danny Mayor signs new contract
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next