+3
Grovehill
Czarcasm
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

A Message From the Manager Empty
PostSubject: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:52 pm

Dear Green Army,

I am writing to you at the end of a whirlwind 20/21 Sky Bet League One season to thank you for your unbelievable support.

Without fans in the stands, this season has not felt to the same to me, or any of my staff. Your passion for our club is what makes it great, and we have certainly missed your presence cheering us on in games up and down the country.

When reflecting on our season, I am, first and foremost, satisfied that we achieved our requirement to stay in Sky Bet League One. Given the uncertainty surrounding football when we made our contract offers 12 months ago, I think this represents progress for the club in our long-term ambitions – and leaves us in a great place for when fans can return to Home Park.

That said, I am a competitive man, I want to win every game and do the best I possibly can for this great football club that I am proud to manage. We have a staff full of winners, and the final few weeks was hard to take for all of us.

At Argyle, a project is underway - from the owner Simon Hallett down through the Board of Directors and into the football staff. We reflect on our season as a whole, not just recent form, when making decisions about the future.

We played some exciting football at times – I can only imagine the scenes in the stands for moments like the last-minute 4-3 win over Lincoln City, or the away win at Sunderland. Ultimately, though, we need to reach those levels on a more regular basis if we are to achieve the ambitions that we all hold for Argyle.

I feel very confident that we understand the factors behind our season tailing off, and I have been quite honest and open with the media when discussing this. Without going into too much detail, I think our retained list speaks for itself in terms of how we want to go about our business next season. We have learned a lot from this year, and will take that with us into 21/22.

I want to take a moment to thank every player who departs the club this summer. Having worked with this group day in, day out, I have no doubt that they put their all into representing the club. It is never easy saying goodbye to players who you have worked and played alongside, but the decisions had to be made to take this football club to where we all want to go.

What currently remains is the nucleus of a young, exciting, talented squad – with a number of home-grown Academy graduates representing the club, which is a huge source of pride for everyone associated with Argyle.

It is now about using the budget to add players to the mix who can take us to that next level. We know what we have to spend, we have been working on recruitment for a while now, and we will look to spend it wisely over the summer.

One thing that cannot be underestimated, though, is how much difference your support can make for our team. I am not just talking about buying season tickets, merchandise from the club shop, or attending the hospitality and events side of things at Home Park, but also your influence during match days. During my time as manager, I have not been able to experience that nearly as much as I’d have liked, and that is the thing I am most excited about heading into next season.

The idea of a full and rocking Home Park is what motivates me, and I can assure you that we will work long and hard, every day, to build a team that you can be proud of.

I can’t wait to see you back in the stands. In the meantime, I hope you all have a happy and healthy summer.

21/22 season tickets are on sale now. Click here to get yours.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 2:06 pm

Tgwu wrote:

I feel very confident that we understand the factors behind our season tailing off, and I have been quite honest and open with the media when discussing this. Without going into too much detail, I think our retained list speaks for itself in terms of how we want to go about our business next season. We have learned a lot from this year, and will take that with us into 21/22.

No you dont not yet Ryan cause we will only see if you have learnt if we have a squad with strength and depth to use and not just a strong 11 and whatever the budget left can get you for the others.

Who we bring in for the defenders will also be another telling moment as if they are young and unproven loanees again then we are just going to see a repeat of last season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm

I’m not interested in words, tbh. Scousers tend to have a lot of words. It’s actions that need to be happening right now. Starting with a new experienced dedicated defensive coach.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 2:39 pm

Crowd reaction? Give me the last minute winner against Lincoln, and I'll raise you the silence as Charlton's sixth goal went in. And lets nail this lie about "exciting" football once and for all-Argyle have a god awful record of less than 20% of shots actually being on target-belting the ball vaguely in the direction of the opposition is not good attacking football, it's just a variation of the "hit & hope" that Lowe is so critical of.

As  for knowing what's wanted for next season, weren't the 7 Lowe signings that got the push this week not what was wanted for last season?  And as Lowe says these guys "put their all into representing this club" it must follow that Lowe signed players who were not good enough.

So who does Lowe hold accountable for the poor recruitment? Was it his fault (he played in the same team as three of them) Dewsnip's? Or recruitment by data analytics? He needs to know what went wrong so the same  mistakes aren't repeated.

I see that Keith Hill has been dumped by Tranmere Rovers- straight swap anybody?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Some of the statement is the usual manager hyperbole about learning and bring on next season stuff, etc, etc, but I think overall the tone is good, The positive for me is, is that the club are focussed and coherent in aiming for the Championship, I agree there is the nucleus of a good and successful squad to move to the next level.
If it looks like it is all going to shit next season and league status is at risk, I have no doubt Hallett will remove Lowe.
So onwards and upwards.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 5:59 pm

What worries me is the ability we have of turning adequate players and loanees into no hopers by the end of January.....and then we end up getting only 8pts from the last available 45 pts....the worst finish ever in a season.....plus of course a leaky 80 goal defence....with an all time 39 of them at home.

Covid brought its problems....but that effected ALL teams....what we achieved can only be laid at the managers feet.....are we going to bring in players better than Aimson, Reeves, Macleod....or even Canavan and Wootton who seemed to have settled elsewhere since leaving Argyle funny that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 8:37 pm

"Without fans in the stands, this season has not felt to the same to me, or any of my staff. Your passion for our club is what makes it great, and we have certainly missed your presence cheering us on in games up and down the country."

You're bloody lucky there were no fans Lowe!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 9:30 pm

I think he was probably thinking the very same thing Freathers, as Charlton knocked in their sixth easy goal.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 10:55 pm

Freathy wrote:
"Without fans in the stands, this season has not felt to the same to me, or any of my staff. Your passion for our club is what makes it great, and we have certainly missed your presence cheering us on in games up and down the country."

Somehow I don't think he was talking about you, Freathy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager EmptyTue May 11, 2021 11:11 pm

Freathy wrote:

the fans would have almost rioted had they been there to watch that disgusting performance against charlton thats for certain. Ryan must never take the fans that go to games loyalty and support for granted cause if they arent happy they will let him know it/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message From the Manager   A Message From the Manager Empty

Back to top Go down

A Message From the Manager
Page 1 of 1