Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

lockdown 4 coming soon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

lockdown 4 coming soon Empty
PostSubject: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:24 pm

only its for men and at 1800 each night Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

some woke baroness wrote:
Green Party peer Jenny Jones has called for a 6pm curfew for men after the disappearance of Sarah Everard.

Human remains have been found and a male police officer is being held on suspicion of murder after Ms Everard, 33, vanished while walking home from a friend’s flat in south London on Wednesday March 3.

Baroness Jones, who was a member of the London Assembly for many years, told peers during a debate on Wednesday: “In the week that Sarah Everard was abducted and, we suppose, killed—because remains have been found in a woodland in Kent—I argue that, at the next opportunity for any Bill that is appropriate, I might put in an amendment to create a curfew for men on the streets after 6 pm. I feel this would make women a lot safer, and discrimination of all kinds would be lessened.”

The case has sparked a debate on the safety of women with many going online to recount their own experiences ahead of a planned vigil this weekend.

“I remember a man following me as I was walking home asking for my number once and I was like ‘oh great now I have to detour so he doesn’t know where I live’,” posted journalist and writer Mollie Goodfellow.

Other women said they regularly message their friends to share their location so that they can keep track of each other and take alternative routes home when they feel they are being followed.

A vigil called “Reclaim these streets” has been organised on Facebook and is due to take place at Clapham Common bandstand in south London at 6pm on Saturday.

Women who have organised the vigil said they are “tired of being afraid” to walk in the street.

Baroness Jones’ suggestion of a curfew faced criticism,with commentators online posting it was not was not realistic for all men to face a curfew.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 10:10 pm

She says ‘discrimination of all kinds would be lessened’ except against men.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 10:17 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
She says ‘discrimination of all kinds would be lessened’ except against men.

nothing like mass hysteria by social media being promoted in the mainstream that could bring about yet another wave of riots and protests cause its easier to blame everyone for one persons crime than direct anger at the individual in question.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 10:59 am

Need way more police on foot patrols day and night like it used to be. That would deter a lot of crime , including incidents of this nature, and make everyone feel safer. Only time I see a copper these days is in a car usually speeding to an incident with blue lights.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 11:04 am

Freathy wrote:
Need way more police on foot patrols day and night like it used to be. That would deter a lot of crime , including incidents of this nature, and make everyone feel safer.  Only time I see a copper these days is in a car usually speeding to an incident with blue lights.

And when there is a murder or bad car crash there will be ten cars and twenty coppers stood around for days. Like you say prevention is better than cure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Need way more police on foot patrols day and night like it used to be. That would deter a lot of crime , including incidents of this nature, and make everyone feel safer.  Only time I see a copper these days is in a car usually speeding to an incident with blue lights.

And when there is a murder or bad car crash there will be ten cars and twenty coppers stood around for days. Like you say prevention is better than cure.

or a tv camera any of you seen the scenes in efford tonight?

more police on the streets would be great but the police need more resources to be able to do just that its not just women where the streets aren't safe to walk at night for whatever purpose men get attacked quite often aswell not to mention the knife crime in most big cities spiraling out of control and set to pick up again once all the restrictions are lifted.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 9:15 pm

World has gone mad
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 11:25 pm

What happened in Efford?
Ps tried to quote Angry but went wierd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 12:55 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
What happened in Efford?

sketchy details but its on the herald site but in short some guy walking out of the co op on pike road was hit over the head with an axe and the guy who did it drove off. The guy got taken to hospital as the police hunt for the guy who did it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 10:58 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
What happened in Efford?

sketchy details but its on the herald site but in short some guy walking out of the co op on pike road was hit over the head with an axe and the guy who did it drove off. The guy got taken to hospital as the police hunt for the guy who did it.

Business as usual then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 10:33 pm

I see the rent a mob that hijacked those BLM protests to cause trouble have strike up again tonight at the vigil in clapham. Even though that event was cancelled in favour of a doorstep one due to covid concerns this gathering was still going to go regardless and for what was i guess suppose to be a peaceful thing has now turned into another f the police night and several arrests made.

Met handled it very poorly tonight it has to be said. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lockdown 4 coming soon   lockdown 4 coming soon Empty

Back to top Go down

lockdown 4 coming soon
Page 1 of 1