+4
Lord Melbury
Dog Bone Malone
mouldyoldgoat
harvetheslayer
8 posters

Should we have a lockdown
Yes
Should we have a full UK lockdown? Vote_lcap77%Should we have a full UK lockdown? Vote_rcap
 77% [ 10 ]
No
Should we have a full UK lockdown? Vote_lcap23%Should we have a full UK lockdown? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Should we have a full UK lockdown? Empty
PostSubject: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Is the Lockdown what we need or is it a tool to control us?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 3:48 pm

Where do you fruitcakes get this nonsense from ?? Control us ??
Yesterday I was having a serious discussion with one of the very best twitter investors/traders I know online. All she was going on about was vaccines to "chip" us and 5G masts to "control" our brains and Bill Gates one of the ringleaders......for once I had to hold off telling her what I really thought as couldnt afford to get blocked

This is a multi millionaire many times over. Covid-19 Roadmap they call it to "The New World".....terminally dimwitted didlows

Yes Ears to answer your question I agree with Johnsons lockdown no choice
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 4:31 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Where do you fruitcakes get this nonsense from ??  Control us ??
Yesterday I was having a serious discussion with one of the very best twitter investors/traders I know online. All she was going on about was vaccines to "chip" us and 5G masts to "control" our brains and Bill Gates one of the ringleaders......for once I had to hold off telling her what I really thought as couldnt afford to get blocked

This is a multi millionaire many times over. Covid-19 Roadmap they call it to "The New World".....terminally dimwitted didlows

Yes Ears to answer your question I agree with Johnsons lockdown  no choice

The control us bit was added because I've talked to several people who think its just that, one even went as far to say its all made up but he is a total anti vax nutter. I reckon about thirty or forty percent of people I know are manking about the lockdown.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 pm

I don’t think we should. It should be a targeted lockdown by keeping old, infirm and those with underlying health issues in isolation and let the rest of us carry on with masks, social distancing and the other measures we are meant to use.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 10:04 pm

If the schools, colleges & Unis are keeping going it’s anything but a full lockdown, as doubtless the figures will show in 4 weeks.
Basically just shutting some shops, pubs & restaurants.
Several businesses I spoke to today are staying open despite being non essential, but then it’s ambiguous as the advice is also, “goto work if you can’t work from home.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 pm

As the good lord says this is not a lockdown, just a fudge.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
If the schools, colleges & Unis are keeping going it’s anything but a full lockdown, as doubtless the figures will show in 4 weeks.
Basically just shutting some shops, pubs & restaurants.
Several businesses I spoke to today are staying open despite being non essential, but then it’s ambiguous as the advice is also, “goto work if you can’t work from home.

Very true. Last time round a half-arsed lockdown took a good two months to get infections under control. This time round the lockdown isn’t even quarter-arsed. Hopefully it can reduce it enough so we can have some semblance of a Christmas. Not confident, mind. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 10:47 pm

Lodger 1 has been told by her university that they are getting a new member to their 'bubble' from China. None of them are happy about it. He or she will need to isolate for 2 weeks.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 10:13 am

In a properly run country incomers would be tested.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 10:46 am

seadog wrote:
In a properly run country incomers would be tested.
Absolutely Seadog.
Just common sense innit.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 11:20 am

Look at Australia, run by a right wing religious looney too but........they still managed to sort out test and trace, quarantine and local lock downs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 11:26 am

dont want another lockdown but its a virus there's no controlling it in truth so needs must especially as there are too many dickheads doing there best to pass it on by not following the rules ruining the sacrifices we are all making. Probably wont be the last one see imo till the treatment program all but eradicated corona. lockdowns bring out the best and the very worst in people as im still seeing panic buying at the expense of those who actually need it.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Lockdown just supresses the R rate. Once lifted, the old Rona is off again. Until a vaccine is found, this will be the endless cycle of fuckwittery. Personally, I don't want that.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps about another lockdown. I think the old Rona/bad news/Bumbling government/BS MSM shit is starting to get to me. I'm usually optimistic, but I just can't see that light at the end of the tunnel. I think there's a lot worse to come. I hope I'm wrong.

Imho, either a full law/army enforced lockdown for a period of time. Wuhan stylee, or option B would be at the other end of the tin-foil hat spectrum - which is shield the vulnerable and let every one else choose to do what they want.

Pfft. Meh, what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 1:07 pm

I thought the first lockdown was to suppress it long enough to allow the government to make substantial contingency plans to cope with the 2nd wave.
Truth is they did feck all & even exacerbated the problem with wat out to help out & allowing everyone to jet off around the world.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 4:37 pm

I’m struggling to think how this next one can even be classed as a lockdown. Unless you work in the hospitality sector or non-food retail, then people are pretty much all still going to work. Manufacturing, construction, transport, health service, any tradespeople....they’ll all be working still. Schools and Uni’s all open. Difficult to see how the infection rate is gonna drop quickly.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:17 pm

If this Covid-19 treated everyone the same...regardless of age...then it would be well under control by now......what we need to do is to isolate all those below the age of 25 (some island in the Pacific maybe)....or exterminate them....one of the two..... and the rest of us would get our lives back...AND OUR FOOTBALL.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:37 pm

Even if we suppress it in the UK we are still letting everybody in and letting them go wherever they like and do whatever they like.

As long as rich folks and their relatives can stroll to and from their holidays who cares?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 5:37 pm

Even if we suppress it in the UK we are still letting everybody in and letting them go wherever they like and do whatever they like.

As long as rich folks and their relatives can stroll to and from their holidays who cares?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Holidays and travel are off aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we have a full UK lockdown?   Should we have a full UK lockdown? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we have a full UK lockdown?
Page 1 of 1