harvetheslayer
Rickler
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

The Chairman's Chat Empty
PostSubject: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 6:27 pm

The 'Chairman's Chat'.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Full steam ahead...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 7:05 pm

Refreshing, can’t be more transparent than that.
What a pity SH wasn’t around prior to the previous owner.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Graiser wrote:
Refreshing, can’t be more transparent than that.
What a pity SH wasn’t around prior to the previous owner.

previous owners they were all shit.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 5:56 am

Looking good has to be said Hallett clearly knows his onions

Wonder how McGuires investors are getting on. Fiasco from day 1 if only someone had warned them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 7:29 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Wonder how McGuires investors are getting on. Fiasco from day 1 if only someone had warned them

Quite apt wording for you Harve on your latest avatar
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 8:38 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I'll take the bait.....out with it
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 8:41 am

Haven't felt this confident about P.A.F.C. returning to the Championship, since we left it. The conditions seem to be in place for ambitions to be fulfilled. I like this paragraph : "All managers say they will give a chance to young players, but few have the courage to do so consistently. That is partly at least because football managers are rarely given the opportunity to think about the future beyond the next match, or the most recent results. One reason for extending Ryan and Schuey’s contracts was to give them the confidence that the board accepts that the road to sustainable success will not be straightforward, and that they will receive our support in the tough moments as well as the good times."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 10:12 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

You can read, although thinking about I’m not so sure about that
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 11:38 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Just post it on Facebook or twatter and Harve will have to believe it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 3:04 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Cmon Graiser out with it fella. Whats your beef this time....??
I'll help you old man because I think you're hinting that I didnt warn investors over McGuires shack and what would happen from outset (exclude Covid)
I even warned one of the educated wankers friends who wanted to put £50,000 of her pension money into it but who thankfully saw sense

You may have no memory but I do

Now if that wasn't your point what is ?

Perhaps you dont like viewing your alcoholic line snorting hero being depicted in an avatar along with the title the lying bastard but simply a more apt description would be difficult to find.....133,000 dead fella
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 6:24 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Cmon Graiser out with it fella. Whats your beef this time....??
I'll help you old man because I think you're hinting that I didnt warn investors over McGuires shack and what would happen from outset (exclude Covid)
I even warned one of the educated wankers friends who wanted to put £50,000 of her pension money into it but who thankfully saw sense

You may have no memory but I do

Now if that wasn't your point what is ?

Perhaps you dont like viewing your alcoholic line snorting hero being depicted in an avatar along with the title the lying bastard but simply a more apt description would be difficult to find.....133,000 dead fella

Your deluded old chap, you last paragraph gets it, unfortunately your allegations against Johnson are typical of what’s been highlighted this week on social media, enjoy your little war while you can.

Oh and you never did answer why your fatality figures differ from the government’s figures, can you enlighten us please ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 8:42 am

Is Hallett capable of delivering more than just a L2/L1 yo yo club? We can but hope.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 8:48 am

Freathy wrote:
Is Hallett capable of delivering more than just a L2/L1 yo yo club?  We can but hope.

"We" freathy? I don't know of another Argyle fan who would align himself with your idea of 'hope'!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 8:55 am

As ever it's the hope that kills you.
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 11:59 am

Freathy wrote:
Is Hallett capable of delivering more than just a L2/L1 yo yo club?  We can but hope.

I believe Hallett is capable of getting us to the championship in a few years.
I don't think he'll be capable of keeping us there.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Ye of little faith. geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 1:00 pm

TJOA wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I happen to agree with you IMO a sustainable club with no cash injections from the Chairman could get us to the CCC but I don't think crowds of <20,000 can compete at that level now a days. Anyway you have to get there first.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I happen to agree with you IMO a sustainable club with no cash injections from the Chairman could get us to the CCC but I don't think crowds of <20,000 can compete at that level now a days. Anyway you have to get there first.
and that’s where i can see mr chairman really coining the bunce in (new stadium 😉)
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 2:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Freathy wrote:

One way of being sustainable at CCC level is to have a "production line" of good players coming through from the Academy. PAFC are a long way from that.

As for all the talk about "hospitality" revenue being the golden egg, that's just what it is--talk.

When Kagami and Co were suggesting a similar thing 10? years ago, I asked if anyone could show where a football Club got a serious percentage of their profit from non-football sources. I didn't get an answer then, and I wont now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Freathy wrote:

One way of being sustainable at CCC level is to have a "production line" of good players coming through from the Academy. PAFC are a long way from that.

As for all the talk about "hospitality" revenue being the golden egg, that's just what it is--talk.

When Kagami and Co were suggesting a similar thing 10? years ago, I asked if anyone could show where a football Club got a serious percentage  of their profit from non-football sources. I didn't get an answer then, and I wont now.  

Hospitality at Argyle will only support us at this level the main source of income is still match day income. Tbf to Lowe and Hallett they don't have a problem with bringing on young players like Jeppers.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 6:44 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Freathy wrote:

When Kagami and Co were suggesting a similar thing 10? years ago, I asked if anyone could show where a football Club got a serious percentage  of their profit from non-football sources. I didn't get an answer then, and I wont now.  

I don't remember Kagami suggesting anything at all. I thought he was a mute? Did he ever actually say anything regarding Argyle? Perhaps you can point to Kagami's words, Grovey?

As for a "serious percentage" of profit from non-football sources? Is an average of 25% from 'commercial activities' for Championship clubs not "serious" enough for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Hospitality at Argyle will only support us at this level the main source of income is still match day income. Tbf to Lowe and Hallett they don't have a problem with bringing on young players like Jeppers.

which makes the stupidity of brent for building that mankover smaller than the original shite stand even more stupid when you think about it.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I don't remember Kagami suggesting anything at all. I thought he was a mute? Did he ever actually say anything regarding Argyle?  Perhaps you can point to Kagami's words, Grovey?

As for a "serious percentage" of profit from non-football sources?  Is an average of 25% from 'commercial activities' for Championship clubs not "serious" enough for you?

Posts would have been on that other site. By Kagami & Co I was referring to the full Board at the time. They were talking about a Hotel, Student accommodation, retail outlets etc etc. Kagami never even saw the team play, he was solely interested in property development.

Seeing as hardly any Championship Clubs make a profit (as SH pointed out in one of his chats) please tell us which ones are making a decent profit from non football related "hospitality"
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 6:06 pm

The aim of being a sustainable Championship side by 2024 is admirable. I do think that gets harder and harder with each year that passes though. The resources needed to stay in Tier2 and remain competitive are obviously considerably higher than in league 1. I’m optimistic that the infrastructure improvements being put in place at Home Park will give us a great chance of going up in the next year or two. But unless Hallett decides to change tack and pump many millions more into the club, I feel the only way to stay up would be for him to seek additional investment from elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 6:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The aim of being a sustainable Championship side by 2024 is admirable. I do think that gets harder and harder with each year that passes though. The resources needed to stay in Tier2 and remain competitive are obviously considerably higher than in league 1. I’m optimistic that the infrastructure improvements being put in place at Home Park will give us a great chance of going up in the next year or two. But unless Hallett decides to change tack and pump many millions more into the club, I feel the only way to  stay up would be for him to seek additional investment from elsewhere.

Bringing in income is going to be crucial to any plans of being a championship hallett may well end up putting in his money again but i see his point that if the club isnt able to provide for itself beyond his input we will end up like we were under staplewallet and his band of idiots and in the financially mire. I have this belief that simon will look for outsider investors a new owner who can take us to the next level once we reach the championship rather than carry on like staplewallet did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chairman's Chat   The Chairman's Chat Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chairman's Chat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next