Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jephcott being sold should be met with disbelief and anger by the Green Army not meek acceptance of perineal shiteness.

You and some others in the Green Army never get 'it', do you?

If Jephcott goes, it's because he wants to.  He will want to for two reasons.  More money than Argyle can pay him and the chance to play at a better level.

He will go..  Sure as the sun sets in the west.  Every 'good' player does.

He has another season left on his contract.

Oh feck off. Of course I "get it" Argyle develop a good player the sell him for fook all replace him with injury prone shite and we stay a league 1, league 2 Yoyo team. I thought that maybe Hallett would break the mould of "that" type of chairman but we will see. Whatever Si decides to do the Green Army will lap it up and pile on the excuses about why the star player should go for feck all as well. We deserve to be crap with supporters like ours. Posh, Millwall, Pompey or Brizzle City fans would kick up fook in the same situation and rightly so.
Ollie showed you can get players down here of the right pedigree but they have to believe their ambition is going to be matched by the chairman, if Jephcott goes it will be very telling about the players view of Hallett and his ambitions for Argyle.
Time will tell but I'm not confident.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jephcott being sold should be met with disbelief and anger by the Green Army not meek acceptance of perineal shiteness.

If Jephcott goes, it's because he wants to.  He will want to for two reasons.  More money than Argyle can pay him and the chance to play at a better level.

Oh feck off. Of course I "get it" Argyle develop a good player the sell him for fook all replace him with injury prone shite and we stay a league 1, league 2 Yoyo team. I thought that maybe Hallett would break the mould of "that" type of chairman but we will see. Whatever Si decides to do the Green Army will lap it up and pile on the excuses about why the star player should go for feck all as well. We deserve to be crap with supporters like ours. Posh, Millwall, Pompey or Brizzle City fans would kick up fook in the same situation and rightly so.
Ollie showed you can get players down here of the right pedigree but they have to believe their ambition is going to be matched by the chairman, if Jephcott goes it will be very telling about the players view of Hallett and his ambitions for Argyle.

You don't like Lowe and you don't like Hallett, so no matter what happens, you are going to bitch like a little girl non-stop.

As for "deserving to be crap with supporters like ours"? Fuckk off then. Argyle would be a lot better off without 'fans' like you, Grovy and Freathy.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Exeter City are a "selling club" as they are owned by the fans and don't have a "sugar daddy" owner.

Last year they sold Stockley to PNE as that's what they need to do to keep going.

Several on here have allude to Saint Simon's alleged wealth. If he is serious about turning PAFC into a Championship level Club, the club should be getting in some quality players to allow Jephcott to reach the Championship with PAFC.

If Jephcott leaves in order to play at Championship level, it will signal that PAFC are no better than Exeter City- just another selling club.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 7:59 pm

There are very few clubs in the world that are not selling clubs. I'm not sure how to break it to some of you, but we are not one of those clubs.

Cardiff just grabbed a 21yr-old from Crawley for IRO £1m. Anything north of £1.5m for Jephcott would be nigh on impossible for the club to turn down, I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Geddon Ryan (with Hallet's backing), here's to progressive football and a vision for the future keep on signing young players with a future in the game. cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 8:37 pm

I hope this new player from Wolves is crap. That way we won’t have the worry about him scoring for fun and won’t have to lament Argyle being a selling club and having to accept a 7 figure sum for him. Rolling Eyes

But anyway, I can’t see Jephcott going anywhere in this window. If he’s going to go, best do it in the summer after he’s possibly hit 25 goals for the season.

Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I hope this new player from Wolves is crap. That way we won’t have the worry about him scoring for fun and won’t have to lament Argyle being a selling club and having to accept a 7 figure sum for him. Rolling Eyes

But anyway, I can’t see Jephcott going anywhere in this window. If he’s going to go, best do it in the summer after he’s possibly hit 25 goals for the season.  

Agreed makes far more sense to sell him then for all concerned as we will get more for him for a start and can find another striker without it impacting on current form.

Everyone has a price and if a club makes a very good offer too good to turn down then i cant blame the club for accepting but i certainly wouldn't be advertising he is available till Jephcott says he wants to go which im sure he will do come summer.
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 8:48 pm

I hope LJ stays for at least this season but we shouldn’t be surprised if he is sold, let’s not forget we’ve lost a lot of income playing behind closed doors and SH warned last year the club needs to wash its face financially, so we can wail and moan as much as we like but if a very good offer comes in for him then off he goes.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 11:36 pm

Wolves fans react as Niall Ennis seals Plymouth move

On social media, Wolves fans have been reacting to the news of Ennis’ departure.

It seems that some are a sorry to see the talented 21-year-old leave Molineux before he’s made a league appearance, he has been at the club since the age of 8:

Shame but injuries ruined it for him. All the best Nial

So disappointed to not see you play at Molineux. I was waiting to see an ex pupil play for my club. Best wishes

Wish him all the best. But for injuries who knows. Still plenty of time good luck.

A real shame things didn't happen for him at Wolves. Injuries and the rise to the Prem curtailed his opportunities.

Always always rated Niall. Good luck . To be honest I'm gutted

Little bit gutted about this one. On you go @Niall_ennis46, do us all proud
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 11:53 pm

Welcome to Argyle Niall. Hope it works out for both you and the club.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 11:58 pm

has the wannabe yank de liar posted his usual bs welcoming Niall to the good ship mayflower yet?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 4:45 am

Czarcasm wrote:

This was from last Saturday I think it was. I knew I had saved it somewhere.....apologies for size

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 8:44 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You don't like Lowe and you don't like Hallett, so no matter what happens, you are going to bitch like a little girl non-stop.  

As for "deserving to be crap with supporters like ours"?  Fuckk off then.  Argyle would be a lot better off without 'fans' like you, Grovy and Freathy.

I support Plymouth Argyle football team not nessecarily the owner. I've been supporting them since I first went to see them with my old man over fifty years ago and in that time I bet a pound to pinch of pigs shit I've given more money to the club than you have and if Argyle didn't have "fans like me" they wouldn't have any fans you twat.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 10:01 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

As for "deserving to be crap with supporters like ours"?  Fuckk off then.  Argyle would be a lot better off without 'fans' like you, Grovy and Freathy.

I support Plymouth Argyle football team not nessecarily the owner. I've been supporting them since I first went to see them with my old man over fifty years ago and in that time I bet a pound to pinch of pigs shit I've given more money to the club than you have and if Argyle didn't have "fans like me" they wouldn't have any fans you twat.

Ditto
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

This was from last Saturday I think it was. I knew I had saved it somewhere.....apologies for size

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

is this the same guy who thought mayor was a better player than carey and lamerias combined and ryan taylor would score 20 goals?  We will be lucky to get that for him. Of course it might rise to that with add ons perhaps but that those add ons are never a guarantee.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 am

MikeWN wrote:
There are very few clubs in the world that are not selling clubs. I'm not sure how to break it to some of you, but we are not one of those clubs.

Cardiff just grabbed a 21yr-old from Crawley for IRO £1m. Anything north of £1.5m for Jephcott would be nigh on impossible for the club to turn down, I would have thought.

There's a big difference between being a selling club (having to accept virtually any off for a player, as ECFC where before the Watkins sell on bonus) and being willing and able to decline unreasonable offers. I would like to think Argyle are in the second category, but I expect that when LJ moves on and the final fee is revealed, a lot of supporters will be thinking "is that all?"

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 10:47 am

MikeWN wrote:

But that's the difference isn't it?  

At the present time Argyle seem more like Crawley than Cardiff.

I very much doubt that we would get a seven figure up front fee for LJ.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Come seasons end suspect we'll see a big enough offer to tempt Hallett. Assuming same rate of scoring for the rest of season I'd say £2 million up front with additional fees for appearances plus sell on clause

Hallett must be hemorrhaging money and that would go a long way to offset at least some of it. Grovey Hallett is wealthy but that doesnt mean he wants to be forever pumping money in with no return

Wouldn't like to hazard a guess how much so far with Grandstand, Brents Shares, Part of Brents HHP land reclaimed, his pumping in on at least two occasions millions that we know of to keep the club afloat plus a lot doubtless that we dont know about (Adams and his clans removal)

£20 Million ??
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 6:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You really are feckin thick. Argyle have many fans (like you) who have also supported longer and given more money but don't bitch non-stop. That will go for future generations too.

and "Ditto" for Grovy

Capisce? No, of course not. It's above your intelligence grade.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 7:55 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 pm

The new boy has started well.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:21 pm

WOT STILL NO DEFENDER INCOMING YET???
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 6:41 pm

RegGreen wrote:

We got until Monday evening reg
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 7:30 pm

Tgwu wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

We got until Monday evening reg
yeah I know but you’d thought it would have been more of a priority it aint as if we ain’t been struggling in that department for ages now though
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 8:38 pm

A defender is a must not another striker so i hope ryan isnt looking to add another striker with 5 probably 6 options already (jephcott, hardie, nouble, ennis, moore and lolos) its not a priority. As tgwu we have until monday evening so still time. I see rumours Ryan is looking at midfielders too :S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

incoming
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: