Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:05 pm

Angry wrote:
A defender is a must not another striker so i hope ryan isnt looking to add another striker with 5 probably 6 options already (jephcott, hardie, nouble, ennis, moore and lolos) its not a priority. As tgwu we have until monday evening so still time. I see rumours Ryan is looking at midfielders too :S.

Lowe in his press briefing said he is still looking for a centre half
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 11:33 am

"Looking"? Hopefully he's talking to targets by now, or will it be a last minute panic buy?

Or someone from one of his old Clubs?
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 12:31 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
A defender is a must not another striker so i hope ryan isnt looking to add another striker with 5 probably 6 options already (jephcott, hardie, nouble, ennis, moore and lolos) its not a priority. As tgwu we have until monday evening so still time. I see rumours Ryan is looking at midfielders too :S.

Lowe in his press briefing said he is still looking for a centre half

and in others hes saying that and a midfielder while also contemplating giving Tomlinson a chance in the first team as he has been impressing him in training.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 5:57 pm

Grovehill wrote:
"Looking"? Hopefully he's talking to targets by now, or will it be a last minute panic buy?

If you kept up with what is going on, you would know there is no more 'last minute panic buying' at PAFC. The players Argyle are interested in have been identified and if there is a chance they become available then Argyle pursue their interest.

As for someone from one of his old clubs? Obviously 'loyalty' only goes so far. Ask Dom Telford.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 6:05 pm

I see Dan Gosling has turned down a move to Forest. Free agent in the summer.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 6:17 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

If you kept up with what is going on, you would know there is no more 'last minute panic buying' at PAFC.  The players Argyle are interested in have been identified and if there is a chance they become available then Argyle pursue their interest.

As for someone from one of his old clubs?  Obviously 'loyalty' only goes so far.  Ask Dom Telford.

I think Lowe is too organised with good contacts to get into a panic buying scenario. He's a bright and shrewd guy.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 8:09 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

If you kept up with what is going on, you would know there is no more 'last minute panic buying' at PAFC.  The players Argyle are interested in have been identified and if there is a chance they become available then Argyle pursue their interest.

As for someone from one of his old clubs?  Obviously 'loyalty' only goes so far.  Ask Dom Telford.

I think Lowe is too organised with good contacts to get into a panic buying scenario. He's a bright and shrewd guy.

Seriously? Who in all honesty do you think he has signed that could be described as a "good signing"?

I don't mean just good enough to get 20-30 games a year in a L2 team, but actually be a "must pick" or a stand out in the Division. You know, like Frio, Larrieu, Coughlan Hodges, Norris, Seip Halmosi SEB, FFS, even Pulis managed to get Nalis!
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 8:31 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I see Dan Gosling has turned down a move to Forest. Free agent in the summer.

that guy fecked us over in our darkest hour when he triggered a get out clause to move to newcastle for free meaning we didnt get squat for him despite havng add ons and such to his deal.
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 5:28 pm

The signing of this window would be Mayor signing an extension
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 5:47 pm

Graiser wrote:

Agreed or he will be yet another top player who leaves us on a free in the summer carrying on the tradition over leaving us for a fee.

Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 6:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Agreed or he will be yet another top player who leaves us on a free in the summer carrying on the tradition over leaving us for a fee.

If the player chooses leave there’s not much the club can do about it unless they pay the ransom money
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

If the player chooses leave there’s not much the club can do about it unless they pay the ransom money

you can you sell them in January and get what you can for them then rather than have the player run down his contract. obviously you wont get too much for that player but its better than 0. Initial Contract talks begin towards the end of the year so the club would have an idea if a player was keen on staying or not by then.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Or maybe the club and fans could have a bit of ambition and think that if the squad believed we were a credible route for success they may stick with the club and both could achieve the dream. Stapes and Sturrock did it, Stapes and Ollie carried it on and built on it for a bit. As soon as the ambition goes so do the decent players. Over to you Si and Ry.
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 6:04 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Or maybe the club and fans could have a bit of ambition and think that if the squad believed we were a credible route for success they may stick with the club and both could achieve the dream. Stapes and Sturrock did it, Stapes and Ollie carried it on and built on it for a bit. As soon as the ambition goes so do the decent players. Over to you Si and Ry.

Sturrock et al didn’t have to deal with no POTD revenue for a whole season, I’m pleasantly surprised at the transfer business we’ve already done.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 12:10 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Sturrock et al didn’t have to deal with no POTD revenue for a whole season, I’m pleasantly surprised at the transfer business we’ve already done.

Think Norris was the first player Luggy paid a fee for.

Given the current circumstances, Lowe certainly can't claim he hasn't been backed in the transfer market with ar least three players being signed for (undisclosed) fees this season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 12:20 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Covid affects everybody its not an excuse to have no ambition. My point is that in Luggy and Ollie we have a yardstick to measure Si and Ry by.
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 12:47 pm

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree on that
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 1:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Covid affects everybody its not an excuse to have no ambition. My point is that in Luggy and Ollie we have a yardstick to measure Si and Ry by.

Luggy Mk1 I doubt many Argyle managers past or present ever have or ever will surpass.

Luggy Mk2, Lowe has surpassed already.

As far as Chairmen and owners go, nobody has invested as much of their own cash into Argyle as Hallett. Not even mental Dan Mac.

I don’t expect Lowe to be here for the long term. What’s pleasing though is that a properly professional infrastructure is being established behind the scenes that is at a totally different level to the village set-up that has gone before.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 2:04 pm

Wotton out, Teden Mengi in

Wootton, who is 29 years old, has made 16 appearances for fellow League One side Plymouth in all competitions this season but is out of contract at the end of the campaign.

Wigan have identified him as someone to tighten up their backline before the transfer deadline tomorrow and could make a move to bring him back up north.
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Wotton out, Teden Mengi in

Wootton, who is 29 years old, has made 16 appearances for fellow League One side Plymouth in all competitions this season but is out of contract at the end of the campaign.

Wigan have identified him as someone to tighten up their backline before the transfer deadline tomorrow and could make a move to bring him back up north.

the same teden mengi wanted by a host of championship teams?

wootton who i dont rate can go providing we have his replacement in place before hand and we still havent replaced that donkey canavan yet. Wootton is crap but i dont want us losing a defender when we only have 4 fit atm with an injured sawyer aswell.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Yet less than a month ago, you were slagging off DM:

Mayor wastes so much possession at times and for a guy as skillful as he is too have little in terms of assists or the inability to shoot is again the reasons why he has never played in a top league.

Your post 31.12.20.

Rather backs up what I have said about the lack of quality signings
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:17 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Yet less than a month ago, you were slagging off DM:

Mayor wastes so much possession at times and for a guy as skillful as he is too have little in terms of assists or the inability to shoot is again the reasons why he has never played in a top league.

Your post 31.12.20.

Rather backs up what I have said about the lack of quality signings

you read alot into posts are you confusing this place with pasoti? If you look again you will see my reply to graiser i think that id sell him if he isnt going to sign a new contract and get what we can for him now.

for the record i still believe he still wastes alot of possession, cant shoot and creates little for a player with his ability.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 4:10 pm

Mayor is frustrating at times but if he never lost possession and scored 10-15 every year, he wouldn’t even know where Plymouth is on the map.

He’s our most gifted player, but there is obviously also a reason why he is with us in league 1. Not rocket science really.
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 4:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mayor is frustrating at times but if he never lost possession and scored 10-15 every year, he wouldn’t even know where Plymouth is on the map.

He’s our most gifted player, but there is obviously also a reason why he is with us in league 1. Not rocket science really.

no its not and its the same argument you could have talking about Graham Carey and Reuben Lamerias. He's a very good player and I've never said he's not but for his sake more than anyones his end product to all his skill and hard work needs improving.
Back to top Go down

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 4:58 pm

new player coming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

incoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: incoming     incoming - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

incoming
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum