RegGreen
Grovehill
akagreengull
harvetheslayer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 9:46 am

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:

he is feeling the heat and its shows.
I always think that when managers say "getting back to basics" they mean I am going to kick some arses.

I'll believe it when i see it cause he seems to be easy to win round just ask wootton and canavan they have new improved deals!!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 9:50 am

Grovehill wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Difficult for the guy, thought he had a system to do well in the league and it's all come crashing down, I think he will sus it out (hopefully soon).

Fifteen goals conceded in the last five league games, not exactly a quick learner is he?

The deficiencies in the team, and more importantly, Lowe's tactics have been clear right from the start of last season, as I pointed out at the time.

TBH,  Argyle  shouldn't even be in this league, last season got suspended at the perfect time, any sooner or later and Exeter would have gone up instead.

And Exeter would certainly not be losing by 3/4 goals every match. It's true we have been very poor all season but lucky with some earlier results. Lowe is not good enough to manage in L1. I cannot see where the point or even goal is going to come from.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 am

And where do we go if we sack Lowe, his staff, and pay them all off? ... Sol Campbell? Paul Tisdale? Nah, he has to stay for the rest of the season come what may. Hopefully he can turn it around sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 11:19 am

Paul Cook Phil Parkinson Gary Johnson Matt Taylor (But why would he move)Graham Coughlan (not my choice but he is available) Gary Monk (once "a possible future England Manager") Alan Pardew Phil Brown Darren Moore, Mick McCarthy Paul Hurst Ian Holloway and so on and so on
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 2:56 pm

Any new manager would inherit this team and I don't think the team is league 1 standard.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 4:11 pm

To state the obvious, something isn't right. Teams are running and playing straight through us, the ball isn't sticking with the front, the midfield is fragile and the defence is left exposed. Yesterday was the prime example, strange though it sounds we had more of the ball, created chances, should have scored at least 4, but end up losing 3 - 0, through defensive frailties and the lack of a dominating presence in midfield.

Perhaps it's time to set up with a more solid shape, 4-4-2, two banks of 4, Mayor playing behind the front 2, Fornah or MaCleod sitting in front of the back 4. Nouble up front holding the ball up with runners either side.

As for sacking the manager, that's totally ridiculous. He got us up, despite what Freathy, Grovehill and the like say, we were one the best teams in the L2 last season, and have shown we can beat anyone in L1. Give Lowe a chance to put things right, which I'm sure he's capable of doing. We have good players, but are short of a commanding defender, to play alongside Opoku and Watts who have both done little wrong.

To call for a manager to be sacked after a bad run of 6 games, is mindless.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 5:00 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
To state the obvious, something isn't right. Teams are running and playing straight through us, the ball isn't sticking with the front, the midfield is fragile and the defence is left exposed. Yesterday was the prime example, strange though it sounds we had more of the ball, created chances, should have scored at least 4, but end up losing 3 - 0, through defensive frailties and the lack of a dominating presence in midfield.

Perhaps it's time to set up with a more solid shape, 4-4-2, two banks of 4, Mayor playing behind the front 2, Fornah or MaCleod sitting in front of the back 4. Nouble up front holding the ball up with runners either side.

As for sacking the manager, that's totally ridiculous. He got us up, despite what Freathy, Grovehill and the like say, we were one the best teams in the L2 last season, and have shown we can beat anyone in L1. Give Lowe a chance to put things right, which I'm sure he's capable of doing. We have good players, but are short of a commanding defender, to play alongside Opoku and Watts who have both done little wrong.

so when's the line to be drawn should Lowe not turn it around? last game of the season like last time?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 5:16 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Good Post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:08 pm

First real wobble we’ve had since Lowes been here, talk about sacking him is ridiculous, the thing we are really lacking on the pitch is leadership, someone who’ll give a  rollicking, Wotton for all his failings was a leader as was Coughlan, we do not have anybody like that.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Epoku was sent back when his loan ends in January, he hasn’t been at it for some weeks, time to get a blood and spotters CH.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:29 pm

Bradford City have sacked Stuart McColl after six defeats on the trot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Paul Cook Phil Parkinson Gary Johnson Matt Taylor (But why would he move)Graham Coughlan (not my choice but he is available) Gary Monk (once "a possible future England Manager") Alan Pardew Phil Brown Darren Moore, Mick McCarthy Paul  Hurst Ian Holloway and so on and so on

Paul Cook unlikely, Phil Parkinson piss artist, Gary Johnson is at his level, Matt Taylor don’t be ridiculous, Graham Coughlan we dodged a bullet not giving him the job over Lowe, Gary Monk maybe but L1 level ?, Alan Pardew you must be joking, Phil Brown busted flush, Darren Moore happy where he is, Mick McCarthy not his level, Paul Hurst managing at championship level, Ian Holloway is finished.
Do you really think we could afford to sack Lowe and all his entourage and the pay compensation for a manager already employed?
Too much knee jerk going on here, he’s a young manager give him his chance to sort it
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:46 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

There has to come a time when enough is enough. Lowe's lack of a Plan B and tactical nous was questioned right from the time he came. Changing formation seems beyond him, he's currently playing players out of their usual position to fit in with the formation he seems unable to move away from. As for saying we are short of a commanding defender (or that we need other signings) all but a couple of yesterday's players were signed by Lowe. He must have signed more players in the last 18 months than any other Manager in the last 50 years! But would any of his signings command a fee? I seriously doubt it. His so called "big" signings are very poor-Cooper & Telford can't get a game, Mayor flatters to deceive with no end product and injury prone Aimson certainly isn't the defender we were lead to believe he was.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Paul Cook Phil Parkinson Gary Johnson Matt Taylor (But why would he move)Graham Coughlan (not my choice but he is available) Gary Monk (once "a possible future England Manager") Alan Pardew Phil Brown Darren Moore, Mick McCarthy Paul  Hurst Ian Holloway and so on and so on

Paul Cook unlikely, Phil Parkinson piss artist, Gary Johnson is at his level, Matt Taylor don’t be ridiculous, Graham Coughlan we dodged a bullet not giving him the job over Lowe, Gary Monk maybe but L1 level ?, Alan Pardew you must be joking, Phil Brown busted flush, Darren Moore happy where he is, Mick McCarthy not his level, Paul Hurst managing at championship level, Ian Holloway is finished.
Do you really think we could afford to sack Lowe and all his entourage and the pay compensation for a manager already employed?
Too much knee jerk going on here, he’s a young manager give him his chance to sort it

That's just a few names ff the top of my head to demonstrate their are options.

As for giving Lowe a chance to sort it out, that might well be at the cost of relegation

And do you really think it's a better option to save money by not sacking a manager that's not up to the job? How much would another relegation cost?

As an aside, I think Lowe is lucky that crowds are limited atm, otherwise it would be all to easy to see people voting with their feet, cos you'd not get 10,000 watching this crock of shyte.

Last edited by Grovehill on Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

There has to come a time when enough is enough. Lowe's lack of a Plan B  and tactical nous was questioned right from the time he came. Changing formation seems beyond him, he's currently playing players out of their usual position to fit in with the formation he seems unable to move away from. As for saying we are short of a commanding defender (or that we need other signings) all but a couple of yesterday's players were signed by Lowe. He must have signed more players in the last 18 months than any other Manager in the last 50 years! But would any of his signings command a fee? I seriously doubt it. His so called "big" signings are very poor-Cooper & Telford can't get a game, Mayor flatters to deceive with no end product and injury prone Aimson certainly isn't the defender we were lead to believe he was.  

That time is not now
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

As for giving Lowe a chance to sort it out, that might well be at the cost of relegation

And do you really think it's a better option to save money by not sacking a manager that's not up to the job? How much would another relegation cost?

As an aside, I think Lowe is lucky that crowds are limited atm, otherwise it would be all to easy to see people voting with their feet, cos you'd not get 10,000 watching this crock of shyte.

We get the old "give them time to sort it out" stuff every time we get a duff manager. We had it with Clueless Carl. Sack him now or it will be too late to save us from a very prompt return to the basement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

We get the old "give them time to sort it out"  stuff every time we get a duff manager.  We had it with Clueless Carl.  Sack him now or it will be too late to save us from a very prompt return to the basement.

And whose your replacement going to be ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:25 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

We get the old "give them time to sort it out"  stuff every time we get a duff manager.  We had it with Clueless Carl.  Sack him now or it will be too late to save us from a very prompt return to the basement.

I dunno but as far as I'm concerned Hallett has a duty to the supporters to get rid of a failing manager and replace him with a manager who is not completely out of his depth at this level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I dunno but as far as I'm concerned Hallett has a duty to the supporters to get rid of a failing manager and replace him with a manager who is not completely out of his depth at this level.

What do you mean you don’t know, so you’d sack a manager with no plan B to replace him! Typical .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 9:12 pm

i'll back lowe im not calling for his head, again staying up this season is/was the prime objective not a playoffs or promotion chase and build from there for next season and at the moment we are struggling to achieve staying up.
Things have to change and there is a point where if things aren't improving results wise then change is needed otherwise we will go down! Remember its 4 down in this league.  

We are in the results business not the sentimental one and some Argyle fans would happily watch Rome burn with the ashes around their feet then admit they're wrong and admit the manager should have gone sooner. As freathy mentioned this has been the case with carl fletcher and del bhey in recent years they stayed far too long when it was obvious they should have gone sooner and luggy mark 2 took 2 years to go! so the give them time shite is worrying to me when they dont draw a line if things still don't improve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Angry wrote:
i'll back lowe im not calling for his head, again staying up this season is/was the prime objective  not a playoffs or promotion chase  and build from there for next season and at the moment we are struggling to achieve staying up.
Things have to change and there is a point where if things aren't improving results wise then change is needed otherwise we will go down! Remember its 4 down in this league.  

We are in the results business not the sentimental one and some Argyle fans would happily watch Rome burn with the ashes around their feet then admit they're wrong and admit the manager should have gone sooner. As freathy mentioned this has been the case with carl fletcher and del bhey in recent years they stayed far too long when it was obvious they should have gone sooner and luggy mark 2 took 2 years to go! so the give them time shite is worrying to me when they dont draw a line if things still don't improve.

This is Lowes first real blip, Bury’s relegation was nailed on anyway and he couldn’t be blamed for that, sacking him is not the right move yet.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 10:20 am

Prob win the next two games and life will be good again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 10:33 am

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

What do you mean you don’t know, so you’d sack a manager with no plan B to replace him! Typical .

No Hallett will sack the manager and I expect Hallett and the Board to identify a suitable replacement who can at least stop us getting mullered every match.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 2:25 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Prob win the next two games and life will be good again.

Lose them and he really will be history
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Nostradamus speaks and so it will come to pass.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

No Hallett will sack the manager and I expect Hallett and the Board to identify a suitable replacement who can at least stop us getting mullered every match.

And as soon as the new fella loses his first match, you’ll label him “the shitest manager in the history of the world”, and demand he be sacked. Rolling Eyes

In the real world this is a massive headache.

It will cost a lot of money to pay off Lowe after sacking him, so I simply can’t see that happening. On the other hand Lowe has clearly demonstrated how clueless he is, defensively. This has been masked by us (up until a month ago) being rather good going forward. I refuse to listen to Lowes comments win or lose, because his whiny Scouse voice annoys me as soon as he opens his mouth, so I haven’t a clue what excuses he’s trotting out.

This clearly can’t continue though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rovers V Argyle   Rovers V Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rovers V Argyle
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next